First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do people want everyone to be Normal
1057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 12/31/15
Because some cant stand others being unique
20731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

Marthh wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Marthh wrote:

But I think that no one is normal..


Well that goes without saying but when people say a normal person they mean the masses who are pretty much alike but very different with individual personalities


Ohh that is very true~
Sorry I commented a bit carelessly. ^^;


You didn't i just felt like putting that point out xD

also to you and everyone else that reads this HAPPY NEW YEARS
Marthh 
512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / My room.
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

Ryulightorb wrote:


Marthh wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Marthh wrote:

But I think that no one is normal..


Well that goes without saying but when people say a normal person they mean the masses who are pretty much alike but very different with individual personalities


Ohh that is very true~
Sorry I commented a bit carelessly. ^^;


You didn't i just felt like putting that point out xD

also to you and everyone else that reads this HAPPY NEW YEARS


Lol I feel relieved now thanksssssss
and a Happy New Year to you too and everyone as well!
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/31/15
Because everybody wants to rule the world.
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Floridamned
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
I think any child with a nuclear family of loving and supporting parents stands a great chance at having a good childhood.

It's certain to make parenting more difficult for you(Ryulightorb) if your child was neurotypical, but I see his life in general having fewer difficulties even if missing various possible benefits.

If your possible child wasn't neurotypical though, I would count him fortunate to have you as a parent if the above were true.

Happy New Year forumers.
3034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
No one is normal because everyone has different interpretations of what 'normal' is.
20731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Shenseiken wrote:

I think any child with a nuclear family of loving and supporting parents stands a great chance at having a good childhood.

It's certain to make parenting more difficult for you(Ryulightorb) if your child was neurotypical, but I see his life in general having fewer difficulties even if missing various possible benefits.

If your possible child wasn't neurotypical though, I would count him fortunate to have you as a parent if the above were true.

Happy New Year forumers.


Pretty much :)

A loving and supporting parent/s is all a kid needs
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Ryulightorb wrote:
I guess in the end this is all subjective opinion.

True.

In my case I feel distressed enough that I wish I didn't have whatever I have that causes me to feel uncomfortable around people. I wouldn't want my kid to be like me in that respect.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


ayaundwolf wrote:



That's kind of a touchy subject, I think. It's easy to say you want kin with aspergers so you can relate to them, but would you really wish upon someone a level 3 autism spectrum disorder? I'm not saying you wouldn't love them if it happened, but do you want it? Of course, there are people with severe autism that break the norm and are very articulate, etc.


When i say Autism i speak of high functioning instead of low functioning.

I see them as seperate ends of a huge spectrum.

I want a child who is on my side of the spectrum so they won't go through the things i did.
However i could never wish Low functioning autism onto someone


So you want them to have a disorder, but not too bad of a disorder. I think it's a little selfish that you'd only wish that so you can have someone to relate to, while simultaneously potentially alienating them from the majority of other people. But you're allowed to want what you want.

I think when you're ready to have children you might have a different outlook. I saw Guillermo Del Toro say in an interview that he believes the first ten - twelve years of a child's life is the most important, and that if they were all supported and loved, the world may not be as bad as it is today. I agree, and I hope that whatever your child(ren) turns out to be, you love them just as much regardless.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
People want to be normal because normal people are cruel to those who are not. I understand the desire to be normal, and do not see it as unhealthy. It only becomes unhealthy when you expect unrealistic things from yourself, and can't accept who you are because it isn't "normal" enough.

Of course, that's just an opinion.
21860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / The Bahamas
Online
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16
Because in general you don't wish for your child's life to be more difficult than it has to be. In a world tailored for people who are "normal" those who are below or above that scale have a frustrating time. *grimaces at the childhood memories*
20731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16

ayaundwolf wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


ayaundwolf wrote:



That's kind of a touchy subject, I think. It's easy to say you want kin with aspergers so you can relate to them, but would you really wish upon someone a level 3 autism spectrum disorder? I'm not saying you wouldn't love them if it happened, but do you want it? Of course, there are people with severe autism that break the norm and are very articulate, etc.


When i say Autism i speak of high functioning instead of low functioning.

I see them as seperate ends of a huge spectrum.

I want a child who is on my side of the spectrum so they won't go through the things i did.
However i could never wish Low functioning autism onto someone


So you want them to have a disorder, but not too bad of a disorder. I think it's a little selfish that you'd only wish that so you can have someone to relate to, while simultaneously potentially alienating them from the majority of other people. But you're allowed to want what you want.

I think when you're ready to have children you might have a different outlook. I saw Guillermo Del Toro say in an interview that he believes the first ten - twelve years of a child's life is the most important, and that if they were all supported and loved, the world may not be as bad as it is today. I agree, and I hope that whatever your child(ren) turns out to be, you love them just as much regardless.



It's no more of a disorder then being normal would be if our society was filled with Autistic people instead of how most are.

I believe it's just a difference in functioning a different mode so that may be why my and others feel different.

I feel if being Autistic was the norm then being "Normal" Would be considered a disorder.
(one would be able to argue in such a world that normal people would be considered disorder due to the differences (some of the advantages of Autism)

But of course everyone should love there children :)

I don't want my child to be alienated i want them to grow and be strong ...but i wouldn't be lying if i said i don't want there life to be super easy and them to just fit in.

I want them to succeed and break the mold i want them to find there place in life and forge there own happiness.
Being different is a gift and it seperates the gifted from the normal in my opinion (everyone is gifted at something though).

So i guess it all comes down to my opinion and how is See Autism as a whole i see it as a more positive then negative thing and to me i feel without it i would not be as good as a person having Autism is in my favour and better.


At the end of it it's an opinion and yes it is a little selfish but having kids in itself is a bit selfish in my opinion so i don't see the big deal.
Aslong as a child is loved and cared for a challenged and accepted by there family i think they have the perfect conditions to grow.

TL;DR i think being Abnormal is better then being normal and hope my child is abnormal in a way that is beneficial to them.
20731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16

Baha_Java wrote:

Because in general you don't wish for your child's life to be more difficult than it has to be. In a world tailored for people who are "normal" those who are below or above that scale have a frustrating time. *grimaces at the childhood memories*


I think its better to have a harder time and be someone that breaks the mould and doesn't fit in a world tailored for others.

I feel we need those people.

I would rather have my own child have a hard time and be a strong person and happy then be super happy and weak.
But those are my ideals and opinions and you might disagree but i believe in it strongly.

I wouldn't change my childhood for a happier one ever and i hope my parents wouldn't either because that is selfish in my view


That all being said i'm not saying i want my childs life to be hard or upsetting as that's not true but i want there life to be as hard as mine or atleast harder then other kids these days.....everyone is raised to have not faced any hardships now-a-days but that is just my opinion

Though this is coming from a logical side if i were to speak emotionally i would not want my child to have hardships at all however even i realize all the things i went through bullying being treated differently etc...as much as i hated them and still do they made me a stronger person and it's better to have had those experiences then to not have had them.

That doesn't mean i want them to happen to my own child though as i don't not at all but it's hardships like that, that people need to grow.

TL;DR i think being Abnormal is better then being normal and hope my child is abnormal in a way that is beneficial to them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.