First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Florida K-9 police attack a suicidal teen.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 12/31/15
I haven't seen a similar thread about the topic, but if there is one, please delete.

Here is a video detailing the event courtesy of TYT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01MSxmTEqZM
Please stick with the video until the texts these cops sent pre and post attack are revealed.

Do you agree that they should be arrested? Fired? Simply suspended?
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 1/2/16
Alot of Police (especially in america) are dicks
Werina 
206541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/31/15
uh i dont know
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 12/31/15
Never trust TYT anymore!
just a hint, but else they can bring up alot of stories so that I could say thx to.

live stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a48o2S1cPoo
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 12/31/15
If I were to take everything TYT is saying of this at face value (which would be stupid lol) then sure, I'd say arrest them for assault. Since there's not really any info yet other than these 2 'reporters' I'll withhold judgement.


ILuvCats11 wrote:

Some police are dicks


Fixed that for you.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

Freddy96NO wrote:

Never trust TYT anymore!
just a hint, but else they can bring up alot of stories so that I could say thx to.

live stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a48o2S1cPoo


Well isn't that quintessential ad hominem.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 12/31/15

dotsforlife wrote:

If I were to take everything TYT is saying of this at face value (which would be stupid lol) then sure, I'd say arrest them for assault. Since there's not really any info yet other than these 2 'reporters' I'll withhold judgement.


ILuvCats11 wrote:

Some police are dicks


Fixed that for you.


Then you should read the entirety of the article linked in the description, that wasn't created by TYT.

I agree with that. We have a very "a few bad apples spoil the bunch" perception of law enforcement. Most of my local cops are amazing, and I live in FL. There was recently a suicide attempt on my street. A few officers responded and calmed the man down. We know that anecdotal evidence is what is popularly broadcast, but I'd say in light of some of accusations made or even facts presented against the North Port Police, more investigating is definitely called for.

Everyone involved absolutely deserves to be fired after the excuses they've made publicly, and especially after those texts were revealed. The consequences they received were not strict enough. But hey, at least one of them is going to jail anyway, regardless of whether he's guilty of this or not. ;) resign and relocate because apparently he's above the law.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 12/31/15

ayaundwolf wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:

If I were to take everything TYT is saying of this at face value (which would be stupid lol) then sure, I'd say arrest them for assault. Since there's not really any info yet other than these 2 'reporters' I'll withhold judgement.


ILuvCats11 wrote:

Some police are dicks


Fixed that for you.


Then you should read the entirety of the article linked in the description, that wasn't created by TYT.

I agree with that. We have a very "a few bad apples spoil the bunch" perception of law enforcement. Most of my local cops are amazing, and I live in FL. There was recently a suicide attempt on my street. A few officers responded and calmed the man down. We know that anecdotal evidence is what is popularly broadcast, but I'd say in light of some of accusations made or even facts presented against the North Port Police, more investigating is definitely called for.

Everyone involved absolutely deserves to be fired after the excuses they've made publicly, and especially after those texts were revealed. The consequences they received were not strict enough. But hey, at least one of them is going to jail anyway, regardless of whether he's guilty of this or not. ;) resign and relocate because apparently he's above the law.


Didn't read the article since the link was to a video and not the article itself. Watching it with captions probably didn't help (I'm at work so yeah... keeping the sound off). Not too mention you said to stick to the video...

Either way, I'm not going to make an assumption over it because there's always shit that pops up later. If the fuzz did what's implied, arrest them because it would absolutely be uncalled for and overkill for the given situation.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/31/15


Right, well the report wasn't made by TYT, the report was made after an investigation, which is how they obtained the texts. I think they state that in the video though. There are a ton of stats talking about the overuse of violent canine apprehensions in North Point, some pictures by former victims, blah blah.

It's completely unrelated but after the fact one of the officers was caught on his home surveillance trying to kill his fiancee after she attempted to break off their engagement. Sounds like someone who shouldn't have been in any position of power anyway. What I would like to know is how he simply gets to relocate after that.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

ayaundwolf wrote:



Right, well the report wasn't made by TYT, the report was made after an investigation, which is how they obtained the texts. I think they state that in the video though. There are a ton of stats talking about the overuse of violent canine apprehensions in North Point, some pictures by former victims, blah blah.

It's completely unrelated but after the fact one of the officers was caught on his home surveillance trying to kill his fiancee after she attempted to break off their engagement. Sounds like someone who shouldn't have been in any position of power anyway. What I would like to know is how he simply gets to relocate after that.


Well hopefully more will be revealed on the situation (and that the investigation will actually be handled properly). German Shepherds are no joke. I've got one at home lol.

I agree with the latter part on the guy being in a position of power. Makes me wonder what kind of checks they have to go through to become a police officer. I'm sure it's more than a normal rundown most citizens have, but I would think (especially with the media having a field day nowadays with this stuff) they would look a bit more into a persons history.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

ayaundwolf wrote: Well isn't that quintessential ad hominem.
XP
but anyways its just that they don't really bring all the info when they do these streams and sometimes going really ignorant on what was the "real" case, so what I should say would be not trust that they would many times look over and sometimes don't explain it right leaving a really bad view of what really went on!

6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/31/15


Agreed. With our media crazy society, there is almost no time between an incident occurring and the reports that follow. Most of the time reporters are too excited to talk about it and don't care that in the weeks, months, or even years to follow there will be new evidence. I see a lot of misinformed and conflicting articles on violent crimes and police brutality. For the sake of the welfare of the people as much as the public's opinion of officers, they should probably vet these people better.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 12/31/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


ayaundwolf wrote: Well isn't that quintessential ad hominem.
XP
but anyways its just that they don't really bring all the info when they do these streams and sometimes going really ignorant on what was the "real" case, so what I should say would be not trust that they would many times look over and sometimes don't explain it right leaving a really bad view of what really went on!



Give me an example.
I'm not attacking you, I just want to know.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/31/15
Makes me ashamed I'm going into law enforcement. It sickens me there are cops that abuse the position they have.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

Irishsushi wrote: Makes me ashamed I'm going into law enforcement. It sickens me there are cops that abuse the position they have.
they got too much "freedom" and all these different laws per state is really annoying and no wonder some don't know about some.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.