First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Disappointing anime of 2015
7026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Illinois
Offline
Posted 12/31/15
I'm reading what everyone was so disappointed about, and im sittin here like, "welp, i enjoyed that show, and that show, and that show..." Guess it goes to show that i'm pretty easy to please >.> But if i haaaaaaad to chose one, it would probably be Gunslinger Stratos, it sounded really cool but i just didn't find it appealing, theres maybe a one or two more that I just cant put my finger on at the moment
20307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Manitoba
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

mike3391 wrote:

your life must be boring....


I think it is quite interesting. I was just pointing out that a lot of anime seem far more shallow than they used to be and yet get a lot of credit for this ex School Live.
428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 12/31/15
Disappointing anime of 2015 for me:

-My Teen Romantic Comedy 2015: We needed more Totsuka and there was no Zai-whatshisname. I'm not sure what happened, but a lot of drama occurred. It was not as funny as it should have been. I did finish the show, but I hope if there is a S3 it gets back its comedic stride.

-Rokka: The mystery was okay, but it went on for too long. That last episode was just mean.

-Utwaremono False Faces: I wanted to love this show so badly. The costume design was perfect! Kuon was best girl! Most of the rest of the bunch were useless (and trash tier waifus to boot! ) I didn't make it to the first fujoshi episode. The show was just too slow.

-Gate: Ughh... More gun fights, less otaku pandering (Sorry Rory fans I do not care for her) S2 seems to continue with more harem antics and probably even more of the poor stereotyping and political soap boxing that occurred with the foreign governments turning them into one dimensional bad guys so I'll take a pass.

-My love story: I got bored of Takeo saving the day all the time. I might go back and finish it though since I did like the other parts.

-Komori-san: Not as good as the previous "I can't understand what my..." in my opinion

-Fate Stay Night UBW: Oh boy, I liked it, watched all the episodes, and enjoyed it, but I really preferred the style of Zero. I find Shirou and the plot a little forced at points. I still think it's one of the best shows.

-One Punch Man: No serious problems, but more fighting! The serious punch needed some more "weight" Really it was basically a disappointing last episode as all of the previous episodes met my expectations.
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/31/15
Rokka: Scooby Doo Mystery Hour was probably just as lame in the 70s. At least Clue was funny. This show was a let down, because the environment was so interesting. The characters were interesting. The plot was borderline retarded.

Utwaremono: Season 1, which I loved, is so disconnected from Season 2. The 2nd half of Season 2 will likely converge with Season 1, but the style, characters, etc. are too vastly different to make up for it.


There were many that looked interesting, but I did not watch beyond episode 1.

I actually liked Charlotte. I viewed it as more relationship-based, and a contained 1 season show. It was pleasant and fun, but not high energy.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: Asterisk Wars is more interesting.


1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/31/15
Oh, I forgot to add RWBY. I loved S1 and 2, but this Season is like watching a slow motion soap opera w/ a random narrator :[
1786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


LightningDragonSlayerLaxus wrote:


saprobe wrote:

Rokka no Yuusha.


I never understood why people dislike this show.

As for what I found dissapointing, God Eater stands out. It wasn't bad, but wasn't good either, and could've been much better.


I can tell you exactly why I hated it.

Basically, the premise/theme of the Demon God and killing it is awesome. I want to see those battles, and all that greatness.

What I got, instead, was a giant game of Clue. Who's the fake, who's the fake, who's the fake?!?!?! Seriously, I can understand a few episodes following this, but after a while, it gets old. BUT, because I still was interested in the characters, I tolerated it for an entire season.

Then, oh ho ho, THEN, at the final episode they reset that entire game of Clue with another fake. That was when I was all:



Indeed, i had the same thoughts about that.
67521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
Starmyu - thought it would be more like Love Live with a male cast and instead it was just a boring Meh
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 1/1/16

D33ZENUTTZZ wrote:

I'm reading what everyone was so disappointed about, and im sittin here like, "welp, i enjoyed that show, and that show, and that show..." Guess it goes to show that i'm pretty easy to please >.> But if i haaaaaaad to chose one, it would probably be Gunslinger Stratos, it sounded really cool but i just didn't find it appealing, theres maybe a one or two more that I just cant put my finger on at the moment


Yeah I agree mostly with your pov. I too have come to the conclusion that people like to hate or "drop' more anime than they like or praise. And if you say otherwise you have bad tastes or are a sheep or you are the reason anime doesn't grow and develop, etc... oh well that's just me ranting a bit.
4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Yamstarch wrote:


D33ZENUTTZZ wrote:

I'm reading what everyone was so disappointed about, and im sittin here like, "welp, i enjoyed that show, and that show, and that show..." Guess it goes to show that i'm pretty easy to please >.> But if i haaaaaaad to chose one, it would probably be Gunslinger Stratos, it sounded really cool but i just didn't find it appealing, theres maybe a one or two more that I just cant put my finger on at the moment


Yeah I agree mostly with your pov. I too have come to the conclusion that people like to hate or "drop' more anime than they like or praise. And if you say otherwise you have bad tastes or are a sheep or you are the reason anime doesn't grow and develop, etc... oh well that's just me ranting a bit.

Agreed a couple of these claims make you wonder why they've even picked up anime in the first place. I mean there's clearly a limit to being jaded right?
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Charlotte

Cinderella Sluts

Comet Lucifer

Concrete Revolutio

Dungeon Girls

Kancolle

Maria the Virgin Witch

Non Non Biyori Repeat

Overlord

Rokka

Saekeno

School Live

Shomin Sample

Symphogear GX

Yatterman Night

Yurikuma Arashi
22916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

pacificjade wrote:

Rokka: Scooby Doo Mystery Hour was probably just as lame in the 70s. At least Clue was funny. This show was a let down, because the environment was so interesting. The characters were interesting. The plot was borderline retarded.

Utwaremono: Season 1, which I loved, is so disconnected from Season 2. The 2nd half of Season 2 will likely converge with Season 1, but the style, characters, etc. are too vastly different to make up for it.


There were many that looked interesting, but I did not watch beyond episode 1.

I actually liked Charlotte. I viewed it as more relationship-based, and a contained 1 season show. It was pleasant and fun, but not high energy.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: Asterisk Wars is more interesting.




Are you bagging on ScoobyDoo?

8246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


LightningDragonSlayerLaxus wrote:


saprobe wrote:

Rokka no Yuusha.


I never understood why people dislike this show.

As for what I found dissapointing, God Eater stands out. It wasn't bad, but wasn't good either, and could've been much better.


I can tell you exactly why I hated it.

Basically, the premise/theme of the Demon God and killing it is awesome. I want to see those battles, and all that greatness.

What I got, instead, was a giant game of Clue. Who's the fake, who's the fake, who's the fake?!?!?! Seriously, I can understand a few episodes following this, but after a while, it gets old. BUT, because I still was interested in the characters, I tolerated it for an entire season.

Then, oh ho ho, THEN, at the final episode they reset that entire game of Clue with another fake. That was when I was all:


Hey now, don't go disparaging Clue like that. Heh Clue (and mysteries in general) can be interesting as long as the stakes are clear, the characters are well crafted and the actual logic of the mystery itself makes sense. Just this past season there were two mystery series that did it much better than Rokka ever dreamed to. Heck, even Death Parade while not really a mystery series per se did an immeasurably better job of a single setting mystery.

I knew that the series was going to supposedly be a mystery all along and I was still extremely disappointed by pretty much everything it did. And the ending. Oh god, the ending.
5032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

pacificjade wrote:

Rokka: Scooby Doo Mystery Hour was probably just as lame in the 70s. At least Clue was funny. This show was a let down, because the environment was so interesting. The characters were interesting. The plot was borderline retarded.

Utwaremono: Season 1, which I loved, is so disconnected from Season 2. The 2nd half of Season 2 will likely converge with Season 1, but the style, characters, etc. are too vastly different to make up for it.


There were many that looked interesting, but I did not watch beyond episode 1.

I actually liked Charlotte. I viewed it as more relationship-based, and a contained 1 season show. It was pleasant and fun, but not high energy.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: Asterisk Wars is more interesting.







That's not okay to say.
629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Pooh Corner
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
Biggest Disappointment of 2015: Peeping Life TV: Season 1???

Before Peeping Life:



After Peeping Life:



(At least the opening song is awesome...)

(Dis)Honorable Mentions: The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16
Most disappointing:

UBW:

-I liked the first half. And it is tons better than the old F/S series.

-Between Archer/Shiro's emoing, Rin being damsel'd and other things...it just bored me second half.

And second on Nagato-chan: They made the best character in the Haruhi series turn into a fucking child basically
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.