First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Is racism ever justified?
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
Nope...



unless its Mexican music...

...then yes.
3710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

D4nc3Style wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


D4nc3Style wrote:

Define "Racism" and in which context it's used. I've been called racist for saying "Merry Christmas" for fuck sakes.


wtf man why would you say that :(


Because that's what I celebrate. I got called racist for it... I laughed at them when they demanded an apology.


Y'know, I'm an Atheist and I still say "Merry Christmas". Know why that is? It's kind of like "Goodbye" where the original meaning became lost to me. It's just something nice you say to people when saying goodbye or when greeting. Hardly anyone knows that "goodbye" stems from God be with ye". I personally feel, as silly as it may sound, that if people are going to shit on "Merry Christmas" because it has a religious background to it, then they might want to consider using a different work besides "goodbye" or "bye" because it stems from a religious phrase.

It's just a polite phrase during the holidays. You don't have to say it, but if it's said to you at least be !@# decent and just say "Happy holidays" back. If you still don't want to do it, then get back to work and work on the holidays you don't want to recognize. Happy Get Your Butt Back Into Work It's Not A Holiday For You Cause You Don't Want It DAY
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16
If you don't eat pork, you're a swine who don't want to eat your own kind.

That's all I really wanted to say about this subject.
Posted 1/1/16

BlueOni wrote:

My reaction upon seeing that the matter of racism's status as a positive or negative is still a question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCOxVaQQrbk

And my God, every. single. quote. in. the. OP. is pseudointellectual bullshit. The first one is the closest to something resembling a thought in the whole bunch, and it still discounts the value of additional evidence about perpetrators beyond their race/ethnicity. You don't just ask "Was the perpetrator black?", hear a "Yes" out of your victim, and then go "OK, let's grab every black person in the city." Wow.


It may kill your faith in humanity but 48 percent of the people in the poll. Vote yes.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Kerensa wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

Yes it is becasue sometimes its funny. And the word is over used.
I mean iam offended that a Muslim wont come to my BBQ and drink beer with me and eat a bacon sandwhich i consider the Muslim racist.
But really that would make me racist? lol its just stupid. Everything is racist these days.


So because a Muslim individual will not come to your BBQ, drink beer with you and eat a bacon sandwich that makes the Muslim racist?

The Muslim is not choosing to not do those things because of their race. It's because of their religion.

Besides, if we're going to claim that the reason the Muslim isn't doing any of those things is due to their race, then it would be safe to say that because you won't go to a Vietnam gathering and have some delicious balut with some locals then that would be racist, by your standards. Don't be racist, MrAnimeSK.


Yeah that's exactly my pont lol.
35017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

KarenAraragi wrote:

It may kill your faith in humanity but 48 percent of the people in the poll. Vote yes.


Without hope life is meaningless, a mechanical exercise no different than the bonding of atoms according to the dictates of physical forces. I have to believe in humankind, because there is nothing else for me to do that is worth doing.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

Nope...



unless its Mexican music...

...then yes.


Mexican music all sounds the same and makes me want chips and salsa.
Posted 1/1/16

VZ68 wrote:


Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

Nope...



unless its Mexican music...

...then yes.


Mexican music all sounds the same and makes me want chips and salsa.


Same
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

VZ68 wrote:


Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

Nope...



unless its Mexican music...

...then yes.


Mexican music all sounds the same and makes me want chips and salsa.





Well it makes me wish I was dead.


And want to listen to some Islamic Nasheed.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
Not sure if you are trying to justify racism.

Essentially no, it's never okay.
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16

descloud wrote:

Not sure if you are trying to justify racism.

Essentially no, it's never okay.


9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
No
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Floridamned
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
While I generally prefer interacting with and particularly dating people of my own race, I wouldn't want to separate myself from other races and cultures because I still find interests with them. Preferences don't make you racist. Beliefs of superiority and inferiority do.

As for one of the OP's listed views, what of those that do wish to separate themselves from other races and cultures and to assemble likewise. Does that make them racist? It probably wouldn't be good for them overall, but is that necessarily immoral? I don't have answers for that.


Mexican music all sounds the same and makes me want chips and salsa.

It's true. I'm contemplating hitting the convenience store up now.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


descloud wrote:

Not sure if you are trying to justify racism.

Essentially no, it's never okay.




This meme would be better fit for your entire post :p
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

Nope...



unless its Mexican music...

...then yes.


What about Mexican music?....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.