First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Is racism ever justified?
Posted 1/1/16
8792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Places
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


Wasp-Zero wrote:



True but I do wonder why people waste some much energy hating or getting royally mad a somebody racial views. Is no different than getting mad a somebody view for their political views. Why can people say I disagree while being respectful of somebody racial views? By the way, I no saying respect that view but the person right to feel like that. That person right to see things differently from you. People don't realize they themselves are being discriminatory. Trying to purge other ways of thinking base on morality, when they can simply say I don't agree with it.


Fistly begone my text!

Also I think the vast majority of people are shortsighted blowhards that are way, way too hypocritical. Also in the US I have noticed at least in my personal life to much of an embracement of either ̂muricâ or people who hate the ̂muricanŝ, which is in and of its self oxymoronic as they essentially become that which they hate. Quite frankly I find it all 1 part blindingly infuriating ( should I know the person and / or have to listen to them) and another part absolutely hilarious. All I can do is sort of sit back and watch and just be either stupefied or laugh my ass off.
Posted 1/1/16

AngryManatee wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Here are some arguments for it.

(Deleted for brevity.)

So is racism ever justified or not?


Never. Racism is a by-product of fear and ignorance. To become less afraid and less ignorant, people need to confront the root of their fears and educate themselves.


Fair but let me ask you this. What if that fear justified?
Timmn 
5377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Secret Government...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
The problem is that racism is wherever you look for it.
Posted 1/1/16

Timmn wrote:

The problem is that racism is wherever you look for it.


I no following?
31952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
I don't know. It's not for me to decide. I'd like to say no, but then you'd have to really define what you mean by racism versus what I mean. Racism to me is actively judging someone for their skin or creed or denying them services because of it. I'm not okay with that.

Then again only a sith deals in absolutes..
Timmn 
5377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Secret Government...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


Timmn wrote:

The problem is that racism is wherever you look for it.


I no following?


Anything, if you look at it from the viewpoint of finding something racist, will be racist.

Look what happened to D4nc3Style when he wished someone a Merry Christmas, the person who accused him of being racist was looking for it, it didn't matter that all he was trying to do is wish someone well.

I've been told that Devil's Food Cake (Chocolate) and Angel Food Cake (White) are also racist.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Timmn wrote:
Anything, if you look at it from the viewpoint of finding something racist, will be racist.

Look what happened to D4nc3Style when he wished someone a Merry Christmas, the person who accused him of being racist was looking for it, it didn't matter that all he was trying to do is wish someone well.

I've been told that Devil's Food Cake (Chocolate) and Angel Food Cake (White) are also racist.
sure also why in some cases "racism" could help to maybe seek out what you needed, but mostly that would be used in a negative way.

but does not mean racism is all bad.

27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
I think it depends.

If the harm prevented by adopting certain beliefs outweighs the butthurt caused by you having those beliefs, it could be worth it. Besides, you can think what nasty thoughts you want as long as you don't unduly affect others.

I'm pretty racist and I openly admit it. I will probably steer clear of areas with a lot of black people and I view white men in Koreatown with scrutiny. But you do have to be able to change your behavior for this question to be worth asking. If my knee-jerk reactions and my slower, objective thoughts don't quite mesh, I'm more careful not to say or do certain things rashly.
cenie 
30312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
I'm sure there's a situation where it is justified, but generally no.
30898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 1/1/16

KarenAraragi wrote:

So, in essence, morals are bullshit? Depending on that society morals it will be acceptable vs the current one being no?


I never said anything of the sort. Of course any logical person would weigh the validity of morals in all situations and come to the conclusion of which is most reasonable. All I said is that there is a minimum baseline of logic present in most if not all ideologies (including morals).
Posted 1/1/16

cheapshotfail wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

So, in essence, morals are bullshit? Depending on that society morals it will be acceptable vs the current one being no?


I never said anything of the sort. Of course any logical person would weigh the validity of morals in all situations and come to the conclusion of which is most reasonable. All I said is that there is a minimum baseline of logic present in most if not all ideologies (including morals).


I ask a question base on what you say. No need to be offended by it.
Timmn 
5377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Secret Government...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


AngryManatee wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Here are some arguments for it.

(Deleted for brevity.)

So is racism ever justified or not?


Never. Racism is a by-product of fear and ignorance. To become less afraid and less ignorant, people need to confront the root of their fears and educate themselves.


Fair but let me ask you this. What if that fear justified?


But what justifies fear? Just because I had an unpleasant experience with some black people doesn't mean that all black people are that way.



Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16

Timmn wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


AngryManatee wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Here are some arguments for it.

(Deleted for brevity.)

So is racism ever justified or not?


Never. Racism is a by-product of fear and ignorance. To become less afraid and less ignorant, people need to confront the root of their fears and educate themselves.


Fair but let me ask you this. What if that fear justified?


But what justifies fear? Just because I had an unpleasant experience with some black people doesn't mean that all black people are that way.





Let me rephrase it for you. How about a society that is made of a culture of racism to others? Like Nazi Germany.
88895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / South Yorkshire,...
Online
Posted 1/1/16
I read somewhere once that if you rejected Communism you were considered racist
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.