First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Has America gone over board with being offended?
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
V
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

megahobbit wrote:

The people who get offended at the "Ess-Jay-Duble-yuuys" are in my view the people who need to get over themselves.


Oh my God, I'm still hungover because it took me a few minutes to realize what you wrote...
20452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Nogara-san wrote:

But it is seriously getting ridiculous when everything is a so-called 'trigger' to someone. You can't even make an innocent mistake online anymore because someone will instantly come at you for being racist/misogynist/fillintheblank or 'OMG TRIGGER WARNING!!!' or some other nonsense.



True, there are those extreme cases. Some may be too sensitive. Others might have misinterpreted the way we said it. And a few might be just looking for a fight, issue, or argument.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

rica-chan wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

But it is seriously getting ridiculous when everything is a so-called 'trigger' to someone. You can't even make an innocent mistake online anymore because someone will instantly come at you for being racist/misogynist/fillintheblank or 'OMG TRIGGER WARNING!!!' or some other nonsense.



True, there are those extreme cases. Some may be too sensitive. Others might have misinterpreted the way we said it. And a few might be just looking for a fight, issue, or argument.


In my own experience...I think it's just someone looking for an excuse to fight.

However, if you are sprouting off racist/sexist/homophobic things online....then nah, sorry you don't get my sympathy there.

(Well, not you personally but in general)
20452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

Nogara-san wrote:

In my own experience...I think it's just someone looking for an excuse to fight.

However, if you are sprouting off racist/sexist/homophobic things online....then nah, sorry you don't get my sympathy there.

(Well, not you personally but in general)


Yeah, although where they'd get so much energy to start fights and already senseless debates is beyond me.
Lol definitely. Nobody would like to read such things. I tend to avoid such posts or react to it. I know it will do me more harm than good.

256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Nona=none of your...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
I think we have. I remember seeing a video on 50 ways to offend pokemon fans and they are such dumb reasons, "oh your calling me a genwunner so I'm going to curse you out or your saying that the best couple in the anime is ash and misty? I'm going to curse you out because that wrong!" Just stupid things like that doesn't make sense to me on how their "offensive" unless they are doing in a repetitive and irritating manner.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/2/16

jurge99 wrote:

It just seems lately that everything is offensive to everyone The Left.



FTFY.




megahobbit wrote:

The people who get offended at the "Ess-Jay-Duble-yuuys" are in my view the people who need to get over the fact that their reputation, careers, and social prospects have rightfully ruined for daring to disagree with me. C'mon, it's CURRENT YEAR already!



FTFY.
Posted 1/1/16
This thread triggered me. Reported.
OP doesn't understand that all men have rights. That it is okay to be offended.
kennk5 
60056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M / Milwaukee, Wiscon...
Offline
Posted 1/1/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

VZ68 wrote:

I'm not offended.


People don't kill people, guns kill people. Ban guns.


WHAT A QUOTE........
I hope you are being a jerk/bitch/troll/someone that just likes to incite anger in the forums.
If not, you should seek a good mental health professional to get you over whatever issues you are harboring.
8792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Places
Offline
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16

kennk5 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

VZ68 wrote:

I'm not offended.


People don't kill people, guns kill people. Ban guns.


WHAT A QUOTE........
I hope you are being a jerk/bitch/troll/someone that just likes to incite anger in the forums.
If not, you should seek a good mental health professional to get you over whatever issues you are harboring.





Either you have never seen PV or you get to easily offended by magical Pantsu lucha mask.

Edit : does that look broken you, or did my Crunchyroll break?
2172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Providence, KY
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
YES!
11750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will leave horrible psychological scars that will need years of therapy to cure.

Or just grow a pair and shrug it off.
571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 1/1/16
Yes. It's pretty stupid.
It's the social equivalent to that kid that cries if something doesn't go his/her way.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/1/16 , edited 1/1/16
Sorry to quote all of you without intention to contribute more. But I really don't think I could possibly add more to this. My fucking thoughts exactly.


Wasp-Zero wrote:


Edit : does that look broken you, or did my Crunchyroll break?
It's bad syntax. If its bothering you, edit your post and look for where PV's comment is. Switch the {/quote}{/blue} with {/blue}{/quote}.
Posted 1/1/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


VZ68 wrote:



I'm not offended.


People don't kill people, guns kill people. Ban guns.


Bullets kill people

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.