First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Are you the type of person who instantly hates/dislikes people who don't agree with your way of thinking and perspective
27282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
Not really.
15196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / So. Cal
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
nope
16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
Nah somehow I keep becoming friends with people that think differently than me and proceed to argue endlessly. So no I get along with the normal non-radical ones.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

No. You are entitled to your own opinion. I only dislike people who get offended over others' opinions.


I believe certain opinions are bigoted and hateful. I wouldn't blame people for getting offended. Especially if said opinion has no logical basis. Now if we're talking "x anime sucks!", then I'd agree with you.

What a bigoted thing to say.

Simple Definition of bigot

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)
Posted 1/2/16 , edited 1/2/16

Rujikin wrote:

Nah somehow I keep becoming friends with people that think differently than me and proceed to argue endlessly. So no I get along with the normal non-radical ones.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

No. You are entitled to your own opinion. I only dislike people who get offended over others' opinions.


I believe certain opinions are bigoted and hateful. I wouldn't blame people for getting offended. Especially if said opinion has no logical basis. Now if we're talking "x anime sucks!", then I'd agree with you.

What a bigoted thing to say.

Simple Definition of bigot

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)


Yeah, I'm a bigot against certain ideas. Just so you know, while I can agree with the Nazis treatment of animals and their scientific advances, I disagree with a great deal of their anti semetic laws and their authoritarianism approach to free speech.


I assumed everyone has an idea they cannot fathom or be accepting of. I don't accept ideas of bigotry, especially that which aren't based on facts. Do I believe most criminals are black? Perhaps. Acknowledging that doesn't make me racist. Does accepting Paul Hugh's testimonial on the validity of sex change surgery make me a transaphobe? Not necessarily. However, when you preach something out of the bible, into something far more insidious, do I think such an idea is bigoted and not worth giving much thought about? That's me, being a bigot.

Then again, maybe I'm not a bigot. I think I've given a fair amount of thought to certain ideas. I was a former racist ya know.


P.S. Wait a minute, I got off track. How is that post bigoted? I merely believe some ideas are hateful and bigoted (You probably dislike straight out David Duke racism.) and acknowledge that others might agree with me, thus getting offended.
Marthh 
512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / My room.
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
No
16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/2/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Nah somehow I keep becoming friends with people that think differently than me and proceed to argue endlessly. So no I get along with the normal non-radical ones.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

No. You are entitled to your own opinion. I only dislike people who get offended over others' opinions.


I believe certain opinions are bigoted and hateful. I wouldn't blame people for getting offended. Especially if said opinion has no logical basis. Now if we're talking "x anime sucks!", then I'd agree with you.

What a bigoted thing to say.

Simple Definition of bigot

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)


Yeah, I'm a bigot against certain ideas. Just so you know, while I can agree with the Nazis treatment of animals and their scientific advances, I disagree with a great deal of their anti semetic laws and their authoritarianism approach to free speech.


I assumed everyone has an idea they cannot fathom or be accepting of. I don't accept ideas of bigotry, especially that which aren't based on facts. Do I believe most criminals are black? Perhaps. Acknowledging that doesn't make me racist. Does accepting Paul Hugh's testimonial on the validity of sex change surgery make me a transaphobe? Not necessarily. However, when you preach something out of the bible, into something far more insidious, do I think such an idea is bigoted and not worth giving much thought about? That's me, being a bigot.

Then again, maybe I'm not a bigot. I think I've given a fair amount of thought to certain ideas. I was a former racist ya know.


You don't accept ideas that come from someone who the mind of a bigot? If you strongly are against such things then you yourself are a bigot and you must not accept your own ideas. That seems like quite the conundrum you have in your mind... I wish you the best of luck solving those issues.

Full Definition of bigotry

plural big·ot·ries

1
: the state of mind of a bigot

2
: acts or beliefs characteristic of a bigot

Just know that all races were designed to work optimally in their native habitat. I as a Norseman have trouble living in hot climates. Black people seem to have vitamin defincies when they move up north.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/16 , edited 1/2/16
-ish. I mean if there a racist/sexist I almost instantly hate them.
2362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
Nope
41713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
It depends on how adamant and defensive they are of their views. If they're defensive to the point where it could put strains on any kind of relationship that may stem from initial interaction, I find someone like that to be pretty avoidable, because then I have to walk on eggshells for them to keep the friendship, force myself to pretend to agree with something I really don't, force myself to be something I'm really not. Having been in those types of relationships before, or had my friends develop into those kinds of people overtime, needless to say, I'm not a huge fan of them.
Posted 1/2/16

Rujikin wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Nah somehow I keep becoming friends with people that think differently than me and proceed to argue endlessly. So no I get along with the normal non-radical ones.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

No. You are entitled to your own opinion. I only dislike people who get offended over others' opinions.


I believe certain opinions are bigoted and hateful. I wouldn't blame people for getting offended. Especially if said opinion has no logical basis. Now if we're talking "x anime sucks!", then I'd agree with you.

What a bigoted thing to say.

Simple Definition of bigot

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)


Yeah, I'm a bigot against certain ideas. Just so you know, while I can agree with the Nazis treatment of animals and their scientific advances, I disagree with a great deal of their anti semetic laws and their authoritarianism approach to free speech.


I assumed everyone has an idea they cannot fathom or be accepting of. I don't accept ideas of bigotry, especially that which aren't based on facts. Do I believe most criminals are black? Perhaps. Acknowledging that doesn't make me racist. Does accepting Paul Hugh's testimonial on the validity of sex change surgery make me a transaphobe? Not necessarily. However, when you preach something out of the bible, into something far more insidious, do I think such an idea is bigoted and not worth giving much thought about? That's me, being a bigot.

Then again, maybe I'm not a bigot. I think I've given a fair amount of thought to certain ideas. I was a former racist ya know.


You don't accept ideas that come from someone who the mind of a bigot? If you strongly are against such things then you yourself are a bigot and you must not accept your own ideas. That seems like quite the conundrum you have in your mind... I wish you the best of luck solving those issues.

Full Definition of bigotry

plural big·ot·ries

1
: the state of mind of a bigot

2
: acts or beliefs characteristic of a bigot

Just know that all races were designed to work optimally in their native habitat. I as a Norseman have trouble living in hot climates. Black people seem to have vitamin defincies when they move up north.


And I Can acknowledge racial differences. However, read my sentence you quoted again.


I believe certain opinions are bigoted and hateful. I wouldn't blame people for getting offended. Especially if said opinion has no logical basis. Now if we're talking "x anime sucks!", then I'd agree with you.


"I believe certain opinions are bigoted and hateful." I never offered an example. I left that open to interpretation. I assume nearly everyone has an opinion they consider bigoted and hateful, or are strongly against. And one can argue that there are opinions which can objectively be considered hateful or bigoted. However, here's another word you left out.


a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas


I think I given a fair amount of my time to bigoted thoughts and actions. As I said, I was a racist. I think I've given too much time, probably more than you. I'm not proud of this fact. No one should be. But believe me, it took a lot of thinking and some therapy to stop harping on imaginary or petty differences. I realized anecdotal evidence and past experiences should not be the end all be all factor in determining how I get along with a group of people.

Now, if we're talking strongly....I think we all have ideas which we're strongly against. For you it would be the LGBTQWERTY movement. For me it is racism and bigotry.
Posted 1/2/16
So WTF is LGBTQWERTY? I google it but it sends me into a dark corner of the internet. Where people are fighting and making cancerous claims. I no taking a side but the clusterfuck didn't help me get what is about. Especially Reddit where IQ was being discussed.
Posted 1/2/16

KarenAraragi wrote:

So WTF is LGBTQWERTY? I google it but it sends me into a dark corner of the internet. Where people are fighting and making cancerous claims. I no taking a side but the clusterfuck didn't help me get what is about. Especially Reddit where IQ was being discussed.


It's a mockery of the LGBT movement stated by Ruji. I'd thought I'd remind him that he too has things that he is strongly against. I also had to address the claim I was being "unfair" to thoughts I consider bigoted, though I'm not sure I was too successful with that.
41713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/2/16

KarenAraragi wrote:

So WTF is LGBTQWERTY? I google it but it sends me into a dark corner of the internet. Where people are fighting and making cancerous claims. I no taking a side but the clusterfuck didn't help me get what is about. Especially Reddit where IQ was being discussed.


People are extending the LGBTQ acronym to absurd and unpronounceable and near incoherent proportions, QWERTY is used for keyboard order or something. I think that's supposed to be a jab at the fact that Tumblrinas keep making new 'sexualities' and 'genders', so as a result, they're forcing the LGBTQ acronym to essentially extend about as long as a shopping list.

Last I checked, the tumblr version of the acronym, from the whiners side, was like LGBTIAHQ or something ridiculous.

LGBTQWERTY is definitely a jab.
Posted 1/2/16 , edited 1/2/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

So WTF is LGBTQWERTY? I google it but it sends me into a dark corner of the internet. Where people are fighting and making cancerous claims. I no taking a side but the clusterfuck didn't help me get what is about. Especially Reddit where IQ was being discussed.


It's a mockery of the LGBT movement stated by Ruji. I'd thought I'd remind him that he too has things that he is strongly against. I also had to address the claim I was being "unfair" to thoughts I consider bigoted, though I'm not sure I was too successful with that.


By mockery, you mean people who hate the LGBT movement or people making jokes of them?
Posted 1/2/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

So WTF is LGBTQWERTY? I google it but it sends me into a dark corner of the internet. Where people are fighting and making cancerous claims. I no taking a side but the clusterfuck didn't help me get what is about. Especially Reddit where IQ was being discussed.


It's a mockery of the LGBT movement stated by Ruji. I'd thought I'd remind him that he too has things that he is strongly against. I also had to address the claim I was being "unfair" to thoughts I consider bigoted, though I'm not sure I was too successful with that.


By mockery, you mean people who hate the LGBT movement or people making jokes a them?


Not hate. I don't think he's in that camp, but thinks the direction of the movement is ridiculous. For example, most of us believe 3rd wave feminism is going to ridiculous length for ridiculous causes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.