First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Nearly half of Trump supporters are registered democrats and unlikely voters
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
Here's a thought. Every president after Abe Lincoln and JFK ARE ALL PUPPETS! I don't understand why people even care about this, if you really care, rise up against your government, and not vote in another puppet. That means voting for no one. I don't vote, because it's pointless, in the end its empty promises just like the last fucking person to get into power. Raise taxes to help our country get out of debt.... what is that going to solve? We won't get out of debt but still pay more, fuckin win win for the government.

What do you think will happen when Trump becomes president? Because he's going to win. What more can he possibly do to America that George Bush hasn't already done? That even Obama has done, it's all a joke, I'm glad I don't watch the news anymore; a bunch of useless tripe that will never end. I'll be glad if trumps the president, just like Obama he has charisma, and he will do good on late night TV shows just like Obama has done. Just a face for a president, an empty vessel that gathers the souls of mindless humans to build a better country of ME RICA!

You know what Abe Lincoln and JFK have in common? Both were assassinated. ....Hmm go figure, men who wanted to strengthen a country and unite under one common cause, and they are the ones to be the only presidents killed. A promise for a brighter future isn't happening, whatever money you make now, don't let it go so freely, because change will happen, but not what you were hoping for my friends.
35758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / My Chair, OH
Online
Posted 1/2/16 , edited 1/2/16

Humms wrote:

Here's a thought. Every president after Abe Lincoln and JFK ARE ALL PUPPETS! I don't understand why people even care about this, if you really care, rise up against your government, and not vote in another puppet. That means voting for no one. I don't vote, because it's pointless, in the end its empty promises just like the last fucking person to get into power. Raise taxes to help our country get out of debt.... what is that going to solve? We won't get out of debt but still pay more, fuckin win win for the government.

What do you think will happen when Trump becomes president? Because he's going to win. What more can he possibly do to America that George Bush hasn't already done? That even Obama has done, it's all a joke, I'm glad I don't watch the news anymore; a bunch of useless tripe that will never end. I'll be glad if trumps the president, just like Obama he has charisma, and he will do good on late night TV shows just like Obama has done. Just a face for a president, an empty vessel that gathers the souls of mindless humans to build a better country of ME RICA!

You know what Abe Lincoln and JFK have in common? Both were assassinated. ....Hmm go figure, men who wanted to strengthen a country and unite under one common cause, and they are the ones to be the only presidents killed. A promise for a brighter future isn't happening, whatever money you make now, don't let it go so freely, because change will happen, but not what you were hoping for my friends.

Abe Lincoln and JFK also were Roosevelt like presidents while some were Taft like (I'm using terms I learned so you may not get it).

JFK, Lincoln, and Roosevelt (both of them) both tried to expand the powers the president has but taking some liberties in the interpretation of the Constitution. (Counter arguments to this type of presidency is that by bypassing Congress and the Supreme Court they were being dictator like)

Taft presidents (from what I can remember) didn't try to expand their powers and let most actions go through Congress in some form. (Counter arguments to this type of presidency are that not enough is done by the president himself)

Roosevelt I refer to in this is Teddy btw. Another point is that a majority of presidents after FDR can be considered Roosevelt presidents in some capacity.

(I would like to note that it's been awhile since I've learned this so some things may be inaccurate)
428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/16 , edited 1/2/16
@Humms

Ouch that's a lot of cynicism, and I thought I was salty about the U.S. government. I usually just vent by complaining about anime where nobody will care about what I say.

Looking at the current pool of candidates both Republican and Democrat I have to say, I almost want Obama for a third term. I mean I already know how government goes with him at the helm. I also feel that Obama was marginally better than Bush (No Cheney). Republicans are too far right, Trump only makes the others seem moderate, but really they are way too far right. The ones that aren't seem to lack energy in their campaigns (especially Jeb) and have to bend to the right anyway to be nominated.

Democrats have Hillary who brings as much excitement as fruit punch does in a college party while Sanders is guaranteed to run into gridlock never seen before.

It's an "eh..." kind of race for the white house this time.
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
The venting is real.....
Thorpe 
24395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/16 , edited 1/2/16
Well. There's always Canada.

At least, that's my "Trump Plan"
27257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
who cares

Hilary is going to be president anyways
428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/16 , edited 1/2/16
@ Humms:

Yeah, but what can you expect? The topic is POLITICS, a depressing subject to be sure.
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/2/16

Grauger wrote:


Humms wrote:

Here's a thought. Every president after Abe Lincoln and JFK ARE ALL PUPPETS! I don't understand why people even care about this, if you really care, rise up against your government, and not vote in another puppet. That means voting for no one. I don't vote, because it's pointless, in the end its empty promises just like the last fucking person to get into power. Raise taxes to help our country get out of debt.... what is that going to solve? We won't get out of debt but still pay more, fuckin win win for the government.

What do you think will happen when Trump becomes president? Because he's going to win. What more can he possibly do to America that George Bush hasn't already done? That even Obama has done, it's all a joke, I'm glad I don't watch the news anymore; a bunch of useless tripe that will never end. I'll be glad if trumps the president, just like Obama he has charisma, and he will do good on late night TV shows just like Obama has done. Just a face for a president, an empty vessel that gathers the souls of mindless humans to build a better country of ME RICA!

You know what Abe Lincoln and JFK have in common? Both were assassinated. ....Hmm go figure, men who wanted to strengthen a country and unite under one common cause, and they are the ones to be the only presidents killed. A promise for a brighter future isn't happening, whatever money you make now, don't let it go so freely, because change will happen, but not what you were hoping for my friends.

Abe Lincoln and JFK also were Roosevelt like presidents while some were Taft like (I'm using terms I learned so you may not get it).

JFK, Lincoln, and Roosevelt (both of them) both tried to expand the powers the president has but taking some liberties in the interpretation of the Constitution. (Counter arguments to this type of presidency is that by bypassing Congress and the Supreme Court they were being dictator like)

Taft presidents (from what I can remember) didn't try to expand their powers and let most actions go through Congress in some form. (Counter arguments to this type of presidency are that not enough is done by the president himself)

Roosevelt I refer to in this is Teddy btw. Another point is that a majority of presidents after FDR can be considered Roosevelt presidents in some capacity.

(I would like to note that it's been awhile since I've learned this so some things may be inaccurate)


LMAO. I didn't stop by for a lesson, but thank you I just felt like venting on the topic because I here it almost everywhere I go. I just wanted to say that both Abe Lincoln and JFK being the only presidents to actually get targeted and killed, doesn't that seem odd? Just maybe when one person like a president wants to control the situation, he is dealt with, and when others go with the flow, nothing happens, idk maybe it's just me.
Thorpe 
24395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
Nah. Hillary is just there for the Worf Effect.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWorfEffect

The best case for the Democrats is for her to be beaten in the primary early so they can field someone that can "throw her across the bridge of the Enterprise" like Obama did 8 years ago, rather than let the GOP candidate do it in the actual election.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
America is totally screwed.
3021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 1/2/16

Humms wrote:

You know what Abe Lincoln and JFK have in common? Both were assassinated. ....Hmm go figure, men who wanted to strengthen a country and unite under one common cause, and they are the ones to be the only presidents killed. A promise for a brighter future isn't happening, whatever money you make now, don't let it go so freely, because change will happen, but not what you were hoping for my friends.


Why, oh why, do people keep on FORGETTING both Garfield and McKinley? Do Americans who aren't historians or history buffs remember that they were US Presidents or that they even existed?
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/2/16

MaliceMalus wrote:


Humms wrote:

You know what Abe Lincoln and JFK have in common? Both were assassinated. ....Hmm go figure, men who wanted to strengthen a country and unite under one common cause, and they are the ones to be the only presidents killed. A promise for a brighter future isn't happening, whatever money you make now, don't let it go so freely, because change will happen, but not what you were hoping for my friends.


Why, oh why, do people keep on FORGETTING both Garfield and McKinley? Do Americans who aren't historians or history buffs remember that they were US Presidents or that they even existed?


Im not American, and those are the only two that matter to me in terms of everything. So yeah, there probably were other presidents who died, probably because of disease and sickness, but I don't know, because i'm just an arrogant Canadian that rants about another countries problems just from my own basic knowledge.

Soooo yeah.... let the politically uneducated Canadian have his moment!! Lol

51215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/16
I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when Trump loses. I'm just worried that a lot of his supporters will riot and say the votes were rigged.
24257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/16
Lol wait...
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

MysticGon wrote:

Lol wait...


Did you resurrect this ancient thread so we could laugh at how wrong people were?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.