First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What do you think are the most overrated anime of all time?
82 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 2/12/16
Toradora. I really could not stand Taiga, and I don't get why people hold up her as an example of a tsundere done right.
70363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 2/12/16
Two shows stand out as being terribly overrated: Sword Art Online and Future Diary. In the case of SAO, a great first half was washed out by a terrible second half, and a simple change to the story would have lifted it on a pedestal. But of course, what happens after the SAO arc ends is mostly trying to milk a cash cow. As for Future Diary, a great story is nullified by horrible characters, and the whole rooting for garbage feeling just made the show painful to watch.
105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Washington
Offline
Posted 2/12/16
SAO SAO SAO SAO.
the amount of hype was not well deserved and it got 3 seasons when better anime deserved it more.
106581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/13/16

ririsoup wrote:

SAO SAO SAO SAO.
the amount of hype was not well deserved and it got 3 seasons when better anime deserved it more.

I'm curious how you arrived at 3 seasons when it either got two (number of series) or four (number of total cours). Are you counting the "Extra Edition" special as an entire season?

20257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Basement, Birthpl...
Offline
Posted 2/13/16
Clannad, Toradora and FLCL.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/16 , edited 2/13/16
cory in the house was a huge let down
262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 2/13/16
Cowboy Bebop. I'll say up front that I do really enjoy Cowboy Bebop, I think it's a very well crafted show. With that said, I don't hold it up as one of my all time favorites. I actually prefer Samurai Champloo to Bebop to be honest.
47255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/13/16
The Big Two.
5186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New York
Online
Posted 2/13/16
Sword art online was good season 1 then just went down hill season 2, then picked back up again last 6-7 episodes of season 2. But its pretty overated its a good show but stop overrating it.
10751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


ririsoup wrote:

SAO SAO SAO SAO.
the amount of hype was not well deserved and it got 3 seasons when better anime deserved it more.

I'm curious how you arrived at 3 seasons when it either got two (number of series) or four (number of total cours). Are you counting the "Extra Edition" special as an entire season?



Maybe they're just counting the main arcs as seasons only? Aincrad, ALO, and GGO? I dunno it kinda makes sense in some weird way even if it's not accurate lol. Everything besides those arcs were basically side stories anyway.

And as to what anime I think are overrated I'm just going to say everything popular ever. Whenever a show or anything gets popular there's always a crowd that sings its praises to no end and a crowd that points out the thing isn't perfect.

And neither are exactly wrong.
86426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/16

Endofends wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


ririsoup wrote:

SAO SAO SAO SAO.
the amount of hype was not well deserved and it got 3 seasons when better anime deserved it more.

I'm curious how you arrived at 3 seasons when it either got two (number of series) or four (number of total cours). Are you counting the "Extra Edition" special as an entire season?



Maybe they're just counting the main arcs as seasons only? Aincrad, ALO, and GGO? I dunno it kinda makes sense in some weird way even if it's not accurate lol. Everything besides those arcs were basically side stories anyway.

And as to what anime I think are overrated I'm just going to say everything popular ever. Whenever a show or anything gets popular there's always a crowd that sings its praises to no end and a crowd that points out the thing isn't perfect.

And neither are exactly wrong.


You'd be at least at five seasons, then.
9341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 2/13/16
Ok I´ll just add an obvious mention to SAO for being THE most overrated show I´ve ever seen, not the worst but still way too overrated.

I´m gonna be honest, right when the final fight between Saitama and Boros began, I knew instantly that OPM would be on my top 5 favorite shows of all time, but I do agree with everyone that it is not the greatest show ever made. Both comedy and action were masterful, but the story practically doesn´t exist and many of the heroes are not memorable. I´m a big fan of the show, not a fanboy, those are two different things.

This is going to hurt my childhood along with many others, but DBZ is also very overrated. I loved the show as a kid, but now I realize that characters that were important in Dragon Ball are nothing more than cameos in Z, the fights are too repetitive and long, and the story has so many plot holes and inconsistencies that it is very distracting. Hell, I´ll admit that I prefer One Piece over Dragon Ball just because even though it is longer than DB and DBZ combined, One Piece is way more consistent with the tone of the story. Dragon Ball went from being a lighthearted adventure in an unknown world to a planet shaking battle show across the galaxy

19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 2/13/16
Madoka
Yuru Yuri
Strawberry Panic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
Nanoha
Sailor Candy Moderator
215460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 3/27/16
op nuked. Locked.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.