First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime Haters?
16843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / L'Étoile du Nord,...
Offline
Posted 1/5/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

People like this ruined it for us

Well I think it's funny, even if in a dark way.

But, if not for that guy in the picture....
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/5/16

Nogara-san wrote:

Also.....


Do not tell me my choices are trash because I do not like your show;

True story: Back in my beginning fan days, I got in a friendly conservation with a guy over by some anime dvds. He asks me if I like Evangelion, I tell him that I didn't like it.

'What?" He goes on, 'EVERY ANIME FAN SHOULD LOVE EVANGELION! IT IS THE BEST ANIME EVER! A REAL FAN LOVES EVANGELION!' and proceeds to go on and on about how my tastes are trash because I don't suck Anno's....youknowwhat.

And another true story; When I lived in the city, there used to be a comic book store that sometimes got imports from Japan, and even issues of Newtype and whatever anime magazine was around. I liked to buy the magazines(still do) mainly for the goodies and pictures. On this afternoon, I go in to check out their stash and here is a man chatting up a cashier, who looked bored as hell, over why Inuyasha should stick with Kikyo.

I felt so sorry for that girl afterwards, that I was super sweet to her.


Half of the anime fandom got problems for real.
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Disboard
Offline
Posted 1/5/16
I'm not really sure whats up with all the anime hate. I don't really hate any kind of anime loli, ecchi, moe, yuri, harems, incest, etc. I don't really compare anime with the real world i make the 2 separate, cause if you try to make since of anime by comparing it to this world then of course its not gonna make sense and there's gonna be hate. I'm not sure why people say i wish this type of anime would die off or whatever, so what you don't like that type of anime well i do or someone does so let them enjoy it and you go enjoy the anime you like. Don't compare anime with the Real World!
Posted 1/5/16

Nogara-san wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Something is wrong with half of the anime fandom and because of this they cause people who know nothing of anime to hate us as a whole. Some anime fans are down right insane and opinionated little fucks who think anime should be the center of damn near EVERYTHING. So something is truly wrong with half of the anime fandom and that is the problem.



This too.

I mean, it's okay if people don't like anime. Not everyone is going to be in for AoT or even like Ghibli. And no matter how much you talk to someone who thinks 'ITS ALL CHILD PORN!", if they don't change their minds, IT IS OKAY.

However, if you all anime and 'OMG IT IS MAH LIFE!!!! I HEART MAH WAIFU/HUSBANDO' to the point where you're annoying the fuck out of everyone else due to it...or like the charming picture of the bound miko with 'RAPE' posted on it as someone posted earlier, then please back the fuck away from me 'cause I dont know you. And thank you for making people want to stereotype us more.


No that I disagree with you but your friendship isn't worth anything if that fragile. Especially over a joke. Don't do things because it makes people stereotype us. There so much fallacy in that logic.
Posted 1/5/16
I don't know what people think of anime cause I have no desire to talk about it with anybody really
Posted 1/5/16

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

They are not being mean because of what watching anime entails, they are being mean because alot of "anime fans" are pretty goddamn annoying in most comment sections on the internet. You have extremely annoying fans who get upset the minute you insult anything to do with their precious animu and they start flinging insults around like a 2 year old because someone doesn't like their favorite show.

After a while, you get fed up with it and you start to treat everyone the same because of the rotten eggs in the carton.

I personally avoid alot of other anime fans in real life at university, because they are either too obsessive and all they ever want to talk about is anime and how good they are at japanese because they learned the first row of Hiragana. I myself am a pretty big fan of anime, and a hardcore manga reader, but even I get annoyed with aot of anime fans that I have met.


That true for any group. Football. I say he bad or suck. Hell on sue in real life or in the internet.
Soccer. I say this guy is better. They get piss off and bring other players into it and call them weak.
It doesn't matter what group it is. Say something bad about what they love. They become assholes.
500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Port St. Lucie Fl...
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

Insomnist wrote:


VagrantShadow wrote:

What do they think watching anime entails?



Alternatively



Bro you had me dying lmao
423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

hemicuda2 wrote:
I'm not really sure whats up with all the anime hate.

I can think of a few reasons.

1. Anime is considered nerdy, and nerds of course have always been hated. It might seem like that's changed recently with superhero movies, Game of Thrones and computer games and whatnot being mainstream, but the border between nerd and non-nerd has simply been moved rather than eliminated. Anime is still on the wrong side of the border, and I don't think that will ever change.

2. Animation is, particularly in America, considered to be exclusively for children, with only adult comedies being an exception. In either case, as an adult you are not supposed to take animation seriously. Anime doesn't play by those rules, which is considered sacrilege and extremely threatening to the public order. People are terrified by adults doing "childish" things, and will try to bully them until they become serious, mature members of society who go to see movies about space wizards and people who dress up in costumes to fight super villains.

3. Anime is Japanese. Many, many people in America do not like anything Japanese, or at least nothing culturally Japanese. I don't think this is really an issue in Europe, except for people who just thoughtlessly parrot American attitudes towards Japan.

4. Anime is, simply put, vastly superior to Western animation. This is again a particular issue for many Americans, as they are used to the idea that America is the global leader in all entertainment and pop culture, and because they've been told their entire lives that Disney perfected animation and there's nothing more anyone could add to it. There are also Europeans who feel Western animation must be superior just because it's Western.

5. Moe. Being romantically and sexually attracted to anime characters, and characters being presented as targets for that, is so thoroughly alien to Westerners that even the vast majority of people who watch anime condemn it. And moe is a big part of anime.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/6/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Something is wrong with half of the anime fandom and because of this they cause people who know nothing of anime to hate us as a whole. Some anime fans are down right insane and opinionated little fucks who think anime should be the center of damn near EVERYTHING. So something is truly wrong with half of the anime fandom and that is the problem.



This too.

I mean, it's okay if people don't like anime. Not everyone is going to be in for AoT or even like Ghibli. And no matter how much you talk to someone who thinks 'ITS ALL CHILD PORN!", if they don't change their minds, IT IS OKAY.

However, if you all anime and 'OMG IT IS MAH LIFE!!!! I HEART MAH WAIFU/HUSBANDO' to the point where you're annoying the fuck out of everyone else due to it...or like the charming picture of the bound miko with 'RAPE' posted on it as someone posted earlier, then please back the fuck away from me 'cause I dont know you. And thank you for making people want to stereotype us more.


No that I disagree with you but your friendship isn't worth anything if that fragile. Especially over a joke. Don't do things because it makes people stereotype us. There so much fallacy in that logic.


Well, if it was a friend, tbh I'd probably would joke about it. I guess most people, even the diehard fans, that I do know though wouldn't pull anything embarassing in public, because they don't want to be stereotyped either.

And I have friends who dont' care about anime, so...it's all good. *shrugs*
7773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 8/15/16
Odd! Like something or do not! Simple
45350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Irvine, CA
Online
Posted 8/16/16 , edited 8/16/16
A newcomer to my Thursday night poker night heard my notification sound on my phone [the episode title card sound] and asked where it was from. I mentioned rather sheepishly that it was from an anime. He [being the type of guy who's loud, somewhat obnoxious, and is a character all around] mentioned that he watches anime as well, and ended up recommending animes to one another, one of which being one CR doesn't carry [Noragami], and I am more than glad that that happened.

He was the guy I thought would completely hate on anime since I portrayed him as the loud, sociable type who was a few years older than me and most likely watched US shows and such.

I was pleasantly mistaken.

edit: The notification sound was from Alderamin In the Sky.
9558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 8/16/16 , edited 8/16/16
I don't consider Studio Ghibli anime to be exact. It's far too different. Most anime was made for teenagers, which I could appreciate, but there's a lot of shit out there. I look back on my MAL and think "Did I really give that an 8 or a 6"? If I re-rated everything I probably would have a mean score of 4 out of 10.


I honestly don't think I have high standards. I enjoyed Konosuba enough to give it an 8 or a 9.
9558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 8/16/16

drninja wrote:


hemicuda2 wrote:
I'm not really sure whats up with all the anime hate.



4. Anime is, simply put, vastly superior to Western animation. This is again a particular issue for many Americans, as they are used to the idea that America is the global leader in all entertainment and pop culture, and because they've been told their entire lives that Disney perfected animation and there's nothing more anyone could add to it. There are also Europeans who feel Western animation must be superior just because it's Western.


No. No. It isn't. Perhaps I've been inundated by all the good western animation that floats to the top, but I think western animation is more deserving of praise than most anime.


Honestly, the real problem with animation is that a lot of them aim for adults with dark theme and undertones that many kids won't understand, while anime appeals to the base desire of teenagers, whether it be hormone or wish fulfillment. No Game No Life is for me the pinnacle of loserdom.
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
In Western Culture animation is almost exclusively cartoons focused on comedy so a lot of people (I live in America so I'm talking about specifically Americans) associate Anime with that, it's mostly just ignorance combined with internet memes showcasing the worst people of the Anime community.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.