First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime is driving me insane
2228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/16 , edited 1/3/16
How about Hunter x Hunter (2011)?



Maybe try some new genres too. If you want people to die, horror is a start. If you don't, go with Rom/Com, or Ecchi
748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/3/16
I used to have the same issue, but I find that switching the genre of anime now and then changes this issue for me personally.

For example, since Fairy Tail has SO many episodes to catch up on that at times I feel the same way...So when I get sick of it, I switch to Food Wars or Fate/Stay night. Completely different story lines and completely different outcomes.

Those are the ones that I'm working on now anyways lol
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/3/16
Different genres, dude. There is plenty to offer in this world of Anime besides the popular Shonens out there.

Keep in mind that each category (i.e. Seinen and Shoujo) have their share of tropes as well, but if you find the right series, there can be some good story for you to follow!
14992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/3/16 , edited 1/3/16

cosmicreality wrote:


Ryuouka wrote:

Did you somehow manage to watch 77 shounen without ever trying to get into a fresh genre?
If you want people to die, just look for anime with the gore genre lol


i have only watched 5 shonen Naruto, One piece, Fairy tail, Fullmetal alchemist, Hunter x Hunter


Are you sure you know what shounen is? It's not just fighting anime
It's very typical in a shounens structure that none dies

16044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/16
....Berserk.
776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Cleveland, OH
Offline
Posted 1/3/16 , edited 1/3/16
It sounds like you've just grown out of it, which is bound to happen with most people since shonen and shoujo follows the same tropes. Seinen sounds like it would be good for what you want, because there are so many writers in the genre that don't give two shits about their characters being pure or noble.

Some of my recommendations: Gantz, Hellsing Ultimate, Elfen Lied, Vagabond (manga)

If you want a break from bloodlust, you can try some ecchi or josei.
16044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/16 , edited 1/3/16
Genre flipping is a great alternative to rising out of an anime rut. It's exceedingly easy to suffer from burn out on a particular genre.
9897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 1/3/16
Check out a different genre.
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 1/3/16
not really. other things piss me off. like young girl character types
4218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/3/16 , edited 1/3/16
i think people might be misunderstanding my post. im perfectly familiar with genres and how to find the anime im looking for im just more complaining about how how most of the anime that exists is this cheesy garbage anime. Im trying to say that there is way too much of this anime it seems like it fills 95% of the market. leaving all of the other genres in the 5%. i made those numbers up obviously and im sure there exagerated but thats what it feels like
Posted 1/3/16
Facepalm. Dude that shounen . Look like you are blood thirsty mother fucker.
Here get satiated. http://www.funimation.com/shows/hellsing-ultimate/home

Code Geass
Deadman Wonderland
Mirai Nikki
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Tokyo Ghoul
Zetsuen no Tempest
Psycho Pass and the bad guys are usually killed by the good guys.
Everyone dies in Attack on Titan.
A fair number of people die in Hunter x Hunter.
If you haven't seen Gurren Lagan, it fits the bill
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Pretty much anything by Gen Urobuchi
Elfin Lied
Mirai Nikki Future Diary
Parasyte
Now, for the most brutal of the lot:
Kimi Ni Todake: Just go with it... you'll see
Monster
Ergo Proxy
Mardock Scramble
Texhnolyze
Darker than Black
Jormungand
Shinsekai Yori
Highschool of the Dead
Casshern Sins
Wolfs Rain
Higurashi: No Naku Koro Ni
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
Gantz
Shigurui
Corpse Party: Tortured Souls
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Claymore

4218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/3/16

Ryuouka wrote:


cosmicreality wrote:


Ryuouka wrote:

Did you somehow manage to watch 77 shounen without ever trying to get into a fresh genre?
If you want people to die, just look for anime with the gore genre lol


i have only watched 5 shonen Naruto, One piece, Fairy tail, Fullmetal alchemist, Hunter x Hunter


Are you sure you know what shounen is? It's not just fighting anime
It's very typical in a shounens structure that none dies



you are right i had a false idea of what shonen was up until now. i read somewhere that is was long running anime with hundreds of episodes but now i have actually looked into it myself
244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/3/16

cosmicreality wrote:

i think people might be misunderstanding my post. im perfectly familiar with genres and how to find the anime im looking for im just more complaining about how how most of the anime that exists is this cheesy garbage anime. Im trying to say that there is way too much of this anime it seems like it fills 95% of the market. leaving all of the other genres in the 5%. i made those numbers up obviously and im sure there exagerated but thats what it feels like


I don't think you know what you're talking about. I don't think most anime are even in the action genre, much less anime in the action genre that uphold the sorts of ideals you're complaining about. Sounds like you're saying you are tired of shounen. If you are really so eager to watch people die go watch corpse party or higurashi.
Posted 1/3/16

cosmicreality wrote:

i think people might be misunderstanding my post. im perfectly familiar with genres and how to find the anime im looking for im just more complaining about how how most of the anime that exists is this cheesy garbage anime. Im trying to say that there is way too much of this anime it seems like it fills 95% of the market. leaving all of the other genres in the 5%. i made those numbers up obviously and im sure there exagerated but thats what it feels like


Can't really agree with it.

I watch a lot of seasonal anime. There always 5 or 2 shows where is dead galore or fuck up shit going on.
I think the problem here is that you are dismissing a lot of anime without even watching them. Assuming there no dead or shit like that.
In any case dude, most anime are more or less like that. Here why. Is popular. Is always been popular. This nothing new. I enjoy this kind of shows. So you are like the one million noob to complain about this. This why people are responding to you like this. Most of either enjoy this kind of shows or wait for the shows we want to air and watch it.




4218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/3/16 , edited 1/3/16

KarenAraragi wrote:

Facepalm. Dude that shounen . Look like you are blood thirsty mother fucker.
Here get satiated. http://www.funimation.com/shows/hellsing-ultimate/home

Code Geass
Deadman Wonderland
Mirai Nikki
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Tokyo Ghoul
Zetsuen no Tempest
Psycho Pass and the bad guys are usually killed by the good guys.
Everyone dies in Attack on Titan.
A fair number of people die in Hunter x Hunter.
If you haven't seen Gurren Lagan, it fits the bill
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Pretty much anything by Gen Urobuchi
Elfin Lied
Mirai Nikki Future Diary
Parasyte
Now, for the most brutal of the lot:
Kimi Ni Todake: Just go with it... you'll see
Monster
Ergo Proxy
Mardock Scramble
Texhnolyze
Darker than Black
Jormungand
Shinsekai Yori
Highschool of the Dead
Casshern Sins
Wolfs Rain
Higurashi: No Naku Koro Ni
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
Gantz
Shigurui
Corpse Party: Tortured Souls
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Claymore



thanks for the list. Its not that im necessarily blood thirsty its just that i hate cencorship i feel like the writers are altering the story to make it more appealing to a larger audience sacrificing the true vision of what the show should be to make more money. this heavily alters the story many times they even have to set up a bunch of events so they can make a loop hole death work completely altering everything so every time i see this that is why it makes me upset. im not asking for a slaughter fest im just asking that they dont go out of there way to make a character more likable to appeal to a larger demographic.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.