First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Explain this situation to me.
9054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 1/3/16
Assisted suicide.
Posted 1/3/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

I call it assisted suicide.
Thou depending on the situation.


Person A is not dying from some illness just suicidal and depress. He wanted Person B to end his suffering and Person B did.


Same. Some people don't want to be alive. Forcing them is asking for an explosive situation.



So is it called assisted suicide in your opinion?


Yes but taking other things into account too.
I am dealing with a suicidal person right now. I stop them from killing themselves multiples times.
It wasn't easy to do and it was more dumb luck I was even able to manage to do it.
Took me all night to just change their minds. Then weeks trying to make sure they stay positive about being alive.
It no easy and dangerous. I had wrestled the knife away from them. Other times exchanging blows too with them. The situation go from 1 to a 90 just like that.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/3/16



I'm sorry to hear it.
27498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 1/3/16
Assisted suicide.
27250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/16
I don't think assisted suicide is necessarily wrong. It depends.

There was a guy who got life for killing his dad. His dad became very ill and was dying and did not want to suffer, so the son shot him, dropped the gun, and waited for police to arrive. Didn't struggle.

Meanwhile, someone else shot a man he was angry at with the intent to merely injure him. He ended up killing the guy due to his aim. He didn't get a life sentence.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/3/16 , edited 1/3/16

Morbidhanson wrote:

I don't think assisted suicide is necessarily wrong. It depends.

There was a guy who got life for killing his dad. His dad became very ill and was dying and did not want to suffer, so the son shot him, dropped the gun, and waited for police to arrive. Didn't struggle.

Meanwhile, someone else shot a man he was angry at with the intent to merely injure him. He ended up killing the guy due to his aim. He didn't get a life sentence.


That really sucks.
Humms 
10572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/3/16
If both A and B consent it would be assisted suicide, but if person A didn't have evidence of his/hers consent for person B to follow through then it's murder. Either way you slice it, probably not something to be involved in, but again it's all about the situation and circumstances, regardless; it is not something to consider in any scenario.
Posted 1/3/16
I think it's assisted sucided because Person B asked for it
252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In hiding? -NOVA
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
A way to piss off actuarians? Solicitation and execution of a contract killing? I think more information is needed, is A turning into a Zombie? What is the incentive that drives B?
30777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 1/4/16 , edited 1/4/16
Legally, that would be murder. No two ways about it. No grey area. At least, that's how it is in the UK. "Assisted suicide" has no legal weight. If we want to get moral about it, then sure, it could get a whole lot more complicated.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 1/4/16 , edited 1/4/16
It would be assisted suicide.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/4/16

Frenzify wrote:

Legally, that would be murder. No two ways about it. No grey area. At least, that's how it is in the UK. "Assisted suicide" has no legal weight. If we want to get moral about it, then sure, it could get a whole lot more complicated.


So it will be murder instead of assisted suicide?
30777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 1/4/16 , edited 1/4/16
I may be remembering it wrong, and it may be manslaughter instead. And now that I think about it, I remember learning that judges may be more lenient when sentencing in a manslaughter charge, if the defendant did it on the grounds of assisted suicide. Either way, though, it's still illegal. And if the person you're helping to die can't physically end their life by their own hand, and if you were to physically help, then it would be murder... I think...

Anyway, I'd call that scenario assisted suicide... Even if the only big difference is one of morality. Now, if we're talking ending the life of someone who is suffering... say, from a terminal illness, then my mindset would simply be that a person in that situation should have the right to end their suffering, and if they're unable to do it themselves, then receive help to do so, without that helper being criminalised. Of course, only after other option have been exhausted, first, though.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/4/16

Frenzify wrote:

I may be remembering it wrong, and it may be manslaughter instead. And now that I think about it, I remember learning that judges may be more lenient when sentencing in a manslaughter charge, if the defendant did it on the grounds of assisted suicide. Either way, though, it's still illegal. And if the person you're helping to die can't physically end their life by their own hand, and if you were to physically help, then it would be murder... I think...

Anyway, I'd call that scenario assisted suicide... Even if the only big difference is one of morality. Now, if we're talking ending the life of someone who is suffering... say, from a terminal illness, then my mindset would simply be that a person in that situation should have the right to end their suffering, and if they're unable to do it themselves, then receive help to do so, without that helper being criminalised. Of course, only after other option have been exhausted, first, though.



Oh okay.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
It depends on the situation. If for whatever reason the person asking to die couldn't commit suicide themselves then it would be assisted suicide.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.