First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply "evil" ? muslim character in rick riordans new book
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
now im only on page 224, but I found it a little odd that the author would make a character, Samantha, be muslim, and be the daughter of loki, god of evil etc,
what are your thoughts on this? its kind of....I don't know , iffy, it could be insulting depending on the reader
if you don't know , the book is magnus chase and the gods of asgard ; the sword of summer



im not done with the book yet obviously so no spoilers
Posted 1/4/16 , edited 1/4/16
I trying to decide if you are trolling or..........
So every book where there a white guy beating the shit of a black dude. Is racist now? What about the situation being reversed?
No trying to be mean but come on is fiction.
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
it isn't about black and white, its a muslim character being associated with an evil character,
Posted 1/4/16 , edited 1/4/16

redokami wrote:

it isn't about black and white, its a muslim character being associated with an evil character,


Why can't a Muslim character be associated with an evil character? This no the first time and they are no the only race that get the evil role on the books. Yes is the same thing. Is about race. You just making this about this guy being Muslim.
I read plenty of book with them being the bad guys.
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
im taking into consideration what is going on in the world right now , the book came out in October so its not like its old, and as I said it could be insulting to different people
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
I think it's weirder that she's still a Muslim when she's the daughter of Loki.
Posted 1/4/16 , edited 1/6/16

redokami wrote:

im taking into consideration what is going on in the world right now , the book came out in October so its not like its old, and as I said it could be insulting to different people


Well excuse my language but fuck their feelings. Are you offended? Then stop reading it then. Nobody holding the gun to your head.
What do you want if is offensive to other people? Get it banned or rewriting the whole book because how people feel?

Again fuck anybody feelings. Don't like it, don read it. The world is been like this for the last 10 years.
What do you want? No write something in a specific way because it may offend people?
Again fuck their feelings.
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/16

Buckerss wrote:

I think it's weirder that she's still a Muslim when she's the daughter of Loki.


I didn't think about that, lol
Posted 1/4/16

Buckerss wrote:

I think it's weirder that she's still a Muslim when she's the daughter of Loki.


So any link to the book?
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/4/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


Buckerss wrote:

I think it's weirder that she's still a Muslim when she's the daughter of Loki.


So any link to the book?


Never heard of it myself. Just going by what was said about it.
Posted 1/4/16

Buckerss wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


Buckerss wrote:

I think it's weirder that she's still a Muslim when she's the daughter of Loki.


So any link to the book?


Never heard of it myself. Just going by what was said about it.


Well, I try looking for it but I no sure which one is the right one. He has various books.
17145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In the kitchen.
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
I could be super wrong here(Please correct me if I am.), but is Loki really considered evil? Last time I checked he was more mischievous and selfish, than out-right evil.
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/16

ClovenHijoshikina wrote:

I could be super wrong here(Please correct me if I am.), but is Loki really considered evil? Last time I checked he was more mischievous and selfish, than out-right evil.


so far he is being portrayed as both, mischievous and I quote "murderer"
17145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In the kitchen.
Offline
Posted 1/4/16

redokami wrote:


ClovenHijoshikina wrote:

I could be super wrong here(Please correct me if I am.), but is Loki really considered evil? Last time I checked he was more mischievous and selfish, than out-right evil.


so far he is being portrayed as both, mischievous and I quote "murderer"


As in cold-blooded murderer, or what? Context would be greatly appreciated.
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/16

ClovenHijoshikina wrote:


redokami wrote:


ClovenHijoshikina wrote:

I could be super wrong here(Please correct me if I am.), but is Loki really considered evil? Last time I checked he was more mischievous and selfish, than out-right evil.


so far he is being portrayed as both, mischievous and I quote "murderer"


As in cold-blooded murderer, or what? Context would be greatly appreciated. :)

sorry, it simply says murderer
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.