First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply You guys have a major issue here...
Posted 1/4/16
I went to edit a page in Google Chrome. I know what the issue is with the image upload button.



THERE ARE VIDEO ADS WHERE IT SHOULD BE!



I do virus scans weekly, malware included. Not possible the issue is local.



FIX THIS! I hate using IE. This is ridiculous! I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER! I PAY SPECIFICALLY TO, OH, I DUNNO, NOT GET ADS!
Der Zoodirektor
23403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
Can you take a screen capture?
Posted 1/4/16

shinryou wrote:

Can you take a screen capture?


The ads appear and then vanish and how would I upload it?
Der Zoodirektor
23403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
Via an image sharing site like imgur?
The Wise Wizard
99921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 1/4/16

SurperiorVenomSymbiote wrote:

FIX THIS! I hate using IE.

Are you using IE because of the image upload problem, or because you don't get ads in it, but do in Chrome? If the latter, then the problem definitely is on your system, and is likely caused by a Chrome extension that has added ad serving to monetize.

77 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
To check your chrome extensions, Copy this and paste this into a new tab: chrome://extensions/

Look among the list and un-install whatever you don't need or don't want or didn't install yourself.

Once un-installed, close google chrome for about 30 to 60 seconds then open it up again. Re-check your extensions and if its back, Theres something on your PC re-installing it. I recommend going to reddit /r/techsupport and running through the malware removal guide as it will help assist you in getting your browser back and clean your system of any un-wanted software. I HIGHLY recommend running the optional program "HitManPro" aswell as it will get anything that malwarebytes does not.
Posted 1/4/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


SurperiorVenomSymbiote wrote:

FIX THIS! I hate using IE.

Are you using IE because of the image upload problem, or because you don't get ads in it, but do in Chrome? If the latter, then the problem definitely is on your system, and is likely caused by a Chrome extension that has added ad serving to monetize.



Where is that found? Under my extensions on chrome I have just basic ones all turned off and a mix of both.
Posted 1/4/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


SurperiorVenomSymbiote wrote:

FIX THIS! I hate using IE.

Are you using IE because of the image upload problem, or because you don't get ads in it, but do in Chrome? If the latter, then the problem definitely is on your system, and is likely caused by a Chrome extension that has added ad serving to monetize.



Tested on mobile. Same problem. Not comp or mobile based. Site issue. Have screenie. Cannot upload.
Der Zoodirektor
23403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/4/16
Use imgur.com to upload your screen capture.
The Wise Wizard
99921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 1/4/16 , edited 1/4/16

SurperiorVenomSymbiote wrote:

Tested on mobile. Same problem. Not comp or mobile based. Site issue. Have screenie. Cannot upload.

What problem? That you can't upload or that you are getting video ads where they shouldn't be?

You can upload the pic to another website (such as tinypic.com) and then post a link here.

Also, consider this: If it the video ads where they aren't supposed to be were a site issue, why is no one else reporting the problem?


Also, are you saying when you are composing a message, you don't see the following at the top right of the message box, but instead see a video ad?:

(BTW, this image was uploaded using Chrome)
Posted 1/4/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


SurperiorVenomSymbiote wrote:

Tested on mobile. Same problem. Not comp or mobile based. Site issue. Have screenie. Cannot upload.

What problem? That you can't upload or that you are getting video ads where they shouldn't be?

You can upload the pic to another website (such as tinypic.com) and then post a link here.

Also, consider this: If it the video ads where they aren't supposed to be were a site issue, why is no one else reporting the problem?


Also, are you saying when you are composing a message, you don't see the following at the top right of the message box, but instead see a video ad?:

(BTW, this image was uploaded using Chrome)


I see ads or nothing. Yes, both, on mobile included. Let me explain a bit more, since my laptop is finally charged.


Ever since Chrome updated to version 47 on my laptop and my android mobile phone, CR has been giving spaces and left hand side of the screen has the emotes with either a blank space or a video ad or even a still ad instead of the image upload button. Since youtube and other stuff is fine, I do scans, etc, I can say this: Its either CR or a google issue.


Facts about my end:

All scans show no malware or viruses.

ONLY CR is affected.

Operating system: Windows 8.

Browser: Chrome.

Browser Version: 47.

This issue effects all devices.

I reported the issue to the Chrome forums and have yet to receive a reply.

I have only the basic extensions in Chrome, ALL are DISABLED.

I have never done anything to generate revenue with google so that is irrelevant.



Any help would be appreciated as I am behind on updating a group I moderate because I cannot upload any graphics I make.

Also, sorry I am so upset, its just that I am prompt normally but I cannot be this time which makes me look like I am lazy and a liar.
The Wise Wizard
99921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 1/4/16

SurperiorVenomSymbiote wrote:

Ever since Chrome updated to version 47 on my laptop and my android mobile phone, CR has been giving spaces and left hand side of the screen has the emotes with either a blank space or a video ad or even a still ad instead of the image upload button. Since youtube and other stuff is fine, I do scans, etc, I can say this: Its either CR or a google issue.


Facts about my end:

All scans show no malware or viruses.

ONLY CR is affected.

Operating system: Windows 8.

Browser: Chrome.

Browser Version: 47.

This issue effects all devices.

I'm also running Chrome 47 (Version 47.0.2526.106 m, to be more specific), albeit under Windows 10. As I don't see those results when connected to CR, I honestly don't see how it could be a CR issue.

To clarify, are all browsers affected, or only Chrome?


Here is something to try:
Go to the menu in Chrome and select "New Incognito Window" (or use the Ctrl, Shift, and "N" keys together to do the same) and see if you have the problem when using that window.

Posted 1/4/16 , edited 1/4/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


SurperiorVenomSymbiote wrote:

Ever since Chrome updated to version 47 on my laptop and my android mobile phone, CR has been giving spaces and left hand side of the screen has the emotes with either a blank space or a video ad or even a still ad instead of the image upload button. Since youtube and other stuff is fine, I do scans, etc, I can say this: Its either CR or a google issue.


Facts about my end:

All scans show no malware or viruses.

ONLY CR is affected.

Operating system: Windows 8.

Browser: Chrome.

Browser Version: 47.

This issue effects all devices.

I'm also running Chrome 47 (Version 47.0.2526.106 m, to be more specific), albeit under Windows 10. As I don't see those results when connected to CR, I honestly don't see how it could be a CR issue.

To clarify, are all browsers affected, or only Chrome?


Here is something to try:
Go to the menu in Chrome and select "New Incognito Window" (or use the Ctrl, Shift, and "N" keys together to do the same) and see if you have the problem when using that window.



Will do. Just chrome and sometimes others. Generic mobile one does it too. Let me go try the incognito thing.


Edit: same issue that way too. Did chrome cleanup too. Wtf.
Der Zoodirektor
23403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16
If you take a screen shot and upload it for us, we will be able to tell what's going on.

The only ads we place on the website are the wraparound ads on the left, right and top - and those are all non-intrusive.
The Wise Wizard
99921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16

SurperiorVenomSymbiote wrote:

Will do. Just chrome and sometimes others. Generic mobile one does it too. Let me go try the incognito thing.

The fact you are getting this on mobile is the most puzzling part. AFAIK, Chrome on mobile doesn't support extensions, although perhaps it does on newer versions of Android. (I'm stuck on 4.0x on both my current Android devices).

When you are using your mobile device, are you connecting via WiFi or a cellular connection? The reason I ask is the latter would be a different ISP, although it seems unlikely that if your ISP were injecting ads or even if your router had been "infected" with something, that it would only affect one service.

Still, if your mobile device was connected via WiFi through your home connection, try connecting via 3G/4G, or WiFi at a friend's house and see if the problem persists.

It would be difficult for ad injection software to get on an iOS or Android device (especially the same type that is on your PC), so that suggests the problem is upstream. The fact that no one else on CR is reporting the same issue, however, suggests it is downstream from them.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.