First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you believe homophobia is real?
Posted 1/5/16
Homophobia is the result of a skewed understanding. And yes, there exist a lot of people who believe they know more than they actually know.
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16
Just as there is racism, discrimination based on race, there's homophobia, "A dislike or fear of homosexual people." source-wiki It often is accompanied by the religious dogma that LGBT is a sin and therefore wrong. However from what I've heard you can't choose not to be gay , so to tell someone its a wrong to be gay is like telling a midget its wrong to be a midget, its repressive and abusive.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16
Yes and it's justified for many reasons.
Posted 1/5/16

descloud wrote:

Yes and it's justified for many reasons.


It is?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


descloud wrote:

Yes and it's justified for many reasons.


It is?


Uh...ya.
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16

descloud wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


descloud wrote:

Yes and it's justified for many reasons.


It is?


Uh...ya.

When is dislike of a group of people ever justified?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/6/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

When is dislike of a group of people ever justified?


If you don't approve of a groups way of life you are free to dislike their actions.
34791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16
I Don't Care

Be whatever you want, just don't bother me about it.
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16

descloud wrote:

If you don't approve of a groups way of life you are free to dislike their actions.


Just because you have a right to doesn't explain what you feel is justification for it. People have a right to their opinions, but that doesn't mean they're factually based and whatnot. Why do you feel that dislike or even hatred of gays is justified? How is Westboro justified? How is any hate group justified?
17145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In the kitchen.
Offline
Posted 1/5/16
Yep.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/6/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Just because you have a right to doesn't explain what you feel is justification for it. People have a right to their opinions, but that doesn't mean they're factually based and whatnot. Why do you feel that dislike or even hatred of gays is justified? How is Westboro justified? How is any hate group justified?


If I have a right to, then I don't need to explain much other than say I don't approve of it. What's not there to understand about that. Because right now you are arguing it's not okay for people to have their own reasons to not approve of something.

13010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/6/16
There is certainly proof of homophobia in this thread.
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16

descloud wrote:

If I have a right to, then I don't need to explain much other than say I don't approve of it. What's not there to understand about that. Because right now you are arguing it's not okay for people to have their own reasons to not approve of something.



If you don't want to explain it, Okay. I was just curious about your reasoning about why it is justified to dislike or even hate an entire group of people.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16

descloud wrote:

Yes and it's justified for many reasons.


Name one reason why homosexuality is bad other than, "My holy book told me."
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16
I don't get why people can't just accept people for who they are. Someone always has to get upset about something.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.