First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you believe homophobia is real?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


descloud wrote:

Yes and it's justified for many reasons.


Name one legitimate reason why homosexuality is bad other than, "My holy book told me!"


There is no point in arguing in what's "bad' or "good" because it's a point of view.

It's called an opinion. That "holy book" nonsense is even worse in my eyes.
Posted 1/5/16

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


descloud wrote:

Yes and it's justified for many reasons.


Name one reason why homosexuality is bad other than, "My holy book told me."


I don't think he wants to explain it. I tried.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/6/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

If you don't want to explain it, Okay. I was just curious about your reasoning about why it is justified to dislike or even hate an entire group of people.


That was my explanation. It's an opinion, why do I need to explain my opinion?

Perhaps we ought to turn this around. Why do I or anyone else who doesn't approve of something have to accept them or approve of their ways?
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16

descloud wrote:


GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


descloud wrote:

Yes and it's justified for many reasons.


Name one legitimate reason why homosexuality is bad other than, "My holy book told me!"


There is no point in arguing in what's "bad' or "good" because it's a point of view.

It's called an opinion. That "holy book" nonsense is even worse in my eyes.


I disagree. I feel through debate our views evolve or get closer to our own personal truth. If you're not willing to challenge your views than you should probably question them. Debating right and wrong can be conductive to intellectual sparring and can be fun, especially over the internet.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/6/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I disagree. I feel through debate our views evolve or get closer to our own personal truth.


If you want to tell another country that our soldiers killing their own is "good" then by all means try.
Werina 
206585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/16
*grabs popcorn*
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16

descloud wrote:

If you want to tell another country that our soldiers killing their own is "good" then by all means try.


Devil's advocate is fun. I won't reply to you anymore though. I sense you don't want to be disturbed.
Posted 1/5/16

Werina wrote:

*grabs popcorn*


Will you share?
8 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 1/5/16
I'm sure other people have said this, but technically it is not a phobia. It's a prejudice.
Though closed minded straight men do tend to freak out when they're being hit on by another man, so maybe it is a fear?
Werina 
206585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/16

Urboistar wrote:


Werina wrote:

*grabs popcorn*


Will you share?


That's kinda homo, dont you think
Posted 1/5/16
Back on topic. I don't see why he acts as if he has the right to an opinion unchallenged. No one has that right to my knowledge.
Posted 1/5/16

Werina wrote:


Urboistar wrote:


Werina wrote:

*grabs popcorn*


Will you share?


That's kinda homo, dont you think


Oh no, I'm sure that triggered like 10 people. Come, hide in my basement.

15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/6/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Devil's advocate is fun. I won't reply to you anymore though. I sense you don't want to be disturbed.


If starting arguments because you don't approve of another persons opinion is "fun" to you I suppose so.
34791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/6/16
I've lived in cities with a million people or better.
The ones that have more conflict between gays and straights are usually the ones with one group or the other trying to force their views on everyone else.
My hometown has less then 400k people in a very spread out area. We have a large LGBT community for this size population.
Hell, people move here from CA to get away from being treated like trash.
I'm pretty sure it's 'cause people leave each other alone, even when they judge each other.



Live and let live

Good fences make good neighbors

Judge not lest ye be judged


These are sayings that became popular and stuck around for a reason.
207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/5/16
Yes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.