First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Prince of Stride: Alternative Discussion
6236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eikou Cram School
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
Episode 1

Yagami=athletic.

Takeru seems weird,happens to be a stride prodigy/superstar of sort,seems to like feeling other guy's leg muscles for some reason.

They decide to have a race to decide if the shogi club become the stride club if I understood correctly.

Actually race didn't start till 19:00 mark wasn't that interesting until Yagami tagged in,race ends at a tie.

More or less interesting to watch,already better than what I expected considering I was expecting this episode to be terrible.
44750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
E1

How does Takeru not get punched for feeling up guys' legs?

The duo look quite similar to the pair in the video that Sakurai loved.
Show seems okay so far; the competition part was the highlight, albeit a brief one. Bits of parkour too, nice.
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
Eh I don't know. It was cute that they're the shogi/stride club but the otome elements are pretty overwhelming (and that's not in my "pro" column). I liked the actual racing, though. Hopefully there will be more of that.
40319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/6/16
Gold gonna be a seasonal discussion poster again.

Episode 1

I thought this episode was really good. Obviously as someone who loves running in general, i found it to my interest. Sure it's more parkour striding as a relay team as opposed to traditional running on a track, but it still interests me. Takeru looks and acts like Haru from Free and i thought it was pretty funny how straightforward he was. The other characters were really fun as well. Animation is good, story looks to be shaping up nicely...i don't doubt i'll maintain my enjoyment for this series.
29739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
I was half expecting them to pull a cliffhanger on us with the start of the race.

Well, I'm definitely intrigued. This doesn't look half bad. It's relatively funny, or at least as funny as you would reasonably expect from a sports anime that isn't a comedy; the running and parkour is nicely done; and even if an episode were to take a slower pace (heh) I can see myself enjoying just following the characters. I'd say that was a pretty good start.
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

GoldTStar wrote:

Gold gonna be a seasonal discussion poster again.

Episode 1

I thought this episode was really good. Obviously as someone who loves running in general, i found it to my interest. Sure it's more parkour striding as a relay team as opposed to traditional running on a track, but it still interests me. Takeru looks and acts like Haru from Free and i thought it was pretty funny how straightforward he was. The other characters were really fun as well. Animation is good, story looks to be shaping up nicely...i don't doubt i'll maintain my enjoyment for this series.


Hey, Gold. Personally, I think the parkour element is fresher than traditional track running. And yeah, Takeru is very much like Haru. One of the reasons we're all expecting it to be dry Free!, probably.
12047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
Not normally a sports anime fan, but after the first ep it looks good enough to stick with forva while.
24867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
Episode 1: On Your Mark; The Beginning of Destiny

Hmm, I'm not too big on sports shows but I enjoyed this very much. Liked the running aspect with a little of parkour elements added in. Kind of like a marathon relay race sort of thing.

Ohh I didn't expect KanaHana to appear. I thought she was gonna be a runner too, but manager would fit her more nicely. It's going to be interesting to see the other runners she brings into the mix.

The characters seem fun so far, each one is unique in their own way. But damn Yagami is a hack. I'm pretty excited to see more of the serious races and how they manage to overcome those.

Looking forward to the next ones.
7129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
I'll keep it plain and simple. I loved it. Can't wait for new episodes to air.


17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
I wanted to like this with the animation...it's pretty good....but overall? This left me blah.

This felt like every other sports anime out there, only without the charm of Haikyuu or Free. Only really liked the Shogi Club and Riku.

All I kept thinking of Takeru was 'Megane Haru.'
7278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
I know it says episodes unknown, but are we maybe expecting 12-13 episodes? I don't know how soon I should start watching it.



Second, "Boys Spring to the end of Summer"isn't there a girl protagonist in this one?
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/6/16

kekekuku wrote:

I know it says episodes unknown, but are we maybe expecting 12-13 episodes? I don't know how soon I should start watching it.



Second, "Boys Spring to the end of Summer"isn't there a girl protagonist in this one?


A girl MC and--because it's based on an otome game--it's a girl surrounded by bishies.

My favorite is the senpai voiced by Daisuke Ono fwiw.

7278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
Bishies meaning good looking guys, right?

And cool, thanks. Daisuke Ono is win
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

kekekuku wrote:

Bishies meaning good looking guys, right?

And cool, thanks. Daisuke Ono is win :)


Yup. It's a show about good looking guys who run and jump. And play shougi, I guess.
22916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

Swaggercandy wrote:

Episode 1: On Your Mark; The Beginning of Destiny

Hmm, I'm not too big on sports shows but I enjoyed this very much. Liked the running aspect with a little of parkour elements added in. Kind of like a marathon relay race sort of thing.

Ohh I didn't expect KanaHana to appear. I thought she was gonna be a runner too, but manager would fit her more nicely. It's going to be interesting to see the other runners she brings into the mix.

The characters seem fun so far, each one is unique in their own way. But damn Yagami is a hack. I'm pretty excited to see more of the serious races and how they manage to overcome those.

Looking forward to the next ones.


Kinda cool she isn't just a manager but also a Relationer= Person who wears head set and watches laptop for tag team exchange
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.