Post Reply Has this ever happened again?
5355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Brunswick, Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16
I shared this before and I am really curious now as to why it happened. Good deal right?

5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16
I'd never waste money on anything to do with Naruto.

I feel sorry for any members who would actually buy that.
One Punch Mod
85944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/5/16 , edited 1/5/16

Chigiribow wrote:

I shared this before and I am really curious now as to why it happened. Good deal right?


I've moved this to the Crunchyroll Store support forum, since it's not a General Discussion topic. Also, based on that image, that specific instance happened close to a year ago. Unless you've seen it happen again recently, why not just let it go?
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/16
This happened like last year the 22nd episode of aldnoah.zero is there, like that series ended a year ago
5355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Brunswick, Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/5/16

lorreen wrote:


Chigiribow wrote:

I shared this before and I am really curious now as to why it happened. Good deal right?


I've moved this to the Crunchyroll Store support forum, since it's not a General Discussion topic. Also, based on that image, that specific instance happened close to a year ago. Unless you've seen it happen again recently, why not just let it go?


Because I'm curious. This isn't an issue to me at all I just find it hilarious. I would have bumped my original post from that time and asked but I felt that would be less appropriate. I just really want to know why that happened haha.
One Punch Mod
85944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/5/16

Chigiribow wrote:

Because I'm curious. This isn't an issue to me at all I just find it hilarious. I would have bumped my original post from that time and asked but I felt that would be less appropriate. I just really want to know why that happened haha.


Welcome to the real business world, where mistakes happen. Just this morning, at my non-Crunchy job, I had to send a change request regarding some product pricing because things got totally botched by someone else in a batch update that included some products that shouldn't have been included.

I do not know anything about Crunchyroll's system or how info gets uploaded into their store, but based on my experience other places the data there is probably a mix of different information coming from different systems, and at points along the way will be a mix of stuff that was manually entered and stuff that was in an electronic feed, and stuff that was calculated. In a case like this where it's showing Canadian currency it could even be the effect of exchange rates calculated in one part of the data and getting overlooked in another or happening at different times.

So, short answer to your question is probably simply that there was a wrong amount in one of the fields and that resulted in the fabulous negative discount being displayed, which was certainly not the intent. Crunchyroll is unlikely to tell you the exact who, what, when, and where about the "oops!" that happened though.
You must be logged in to post.