First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Progressive Bigotry.
13127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/7/16

animegirl2222 wrote:

Why can't there be more moderates in the world… why does everyone have to be extremists… sure, I guess as far as moderatism goes I lean towards the left… but god… both the politics and needless drama in extremism… are people so bored with their lives as to torture themselves with it…?


Our political system has been twisted to favor radicals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2es__Wtuk
15841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / L'Étoile du Nord,...
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

AkitoMadaka wrote:
We have 2 gay guys where I work.

They never stop trying to add innuendo into conversations. It's really fucking annoying and childish. I get it, you're gay, and that's OKAY. I don't need a 15 minute reminder while you're giggling like a 14 year old at the word penis.


Hmm. Well, I have no personal experience with gay people. I mean, er, I never met a gay person, or maybe I might have but didn't know. But, anyway, regarding your predicament, the only advice I can give to you is to just hang in there and tolerate as best as possible. Being gay is one thing, but sometimes it comes to a point where we don't need to be reminded over and over and over; that's bordering on identity zealotry. But that can lead to other problems; if you decided to snap at them and say "Okay! We get it! You're gay! Now shut up!" then you'll get accused of homophobia.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

TrickedMJ wrote:

Gonna be honest, I don't think I've seen ANY threads saying, "I hate faggots" or "Gays don't belong!" I've seen a SMALL amount of replies like that but definitely no threads.




LOL, I know, right?


OP is all, "There are many different types of Leftists! I'm not one of the extreme ones, so there!"


Then goes on to describe everyone who disagrees, no matter how slightly, with the Left on the matter of homosexuality as being a bigot.


But yeah, tell me #NotAllLeftists, OP.
Posted 1/6/16

lunarxx wrote:



I've been thinking on the bigoted threads circulating about as of late. With all of this talk about thinning out the herd within the ranks of liberals of gays and transgenders, I think its important to say, the left is a fairly diverse group. That being said however, alot of this talk in the spirit of "gays and transgenders not speaking for us" doesn't really address the underlying problem, which is the desire to exclude glbt and other undesireables from american politics. If you think about the many discriminatory threads on homosexuality and gender conformity, it almost seems liike its less to do with trolling liberals and more of a genuine desire to try and change the political landscape of the forums, to "balance" it. Almost.

Not so fast. There is a deliberate effort to label GLBT as mentally ill. It used to be considered that in the DSM. The mentally ill are some of the most vulnerable people in society, it would seem advantageous to put glbt in that group.

I'm wondering if this itself is a form of political extremism? Why must people hate ppl for being different? What can be done about this mindset? Discuss your thoughts on the rash of outcries from self-described moderates and conservatives.





"I've been thinking on the bigoted threads circulating about as of late. With all of this talk about thinning out the herd within the ranks of liberals of gays and transgenders, I think its important to say, the left is a fairly diverse group. "

Diverse as in what?

" That being said however, alot of this talk in the spirit of "gays and transgenders not speaking for us" doesn't really address the underlying problem, which is the desire to exclude glbt and other undesireables from american politics."

Wait, are Transgender people not being included or are the being excluded or excluding LGBT people? I don't know of any real barring of LGBT from American Politics.

"If you think about the many discriminatory threads on homosexuality and gender conformity, it almost seems liike its less to do with trolling liberals and more of a genuine desire to try and change the political landscape of the forums, to "balance" it. Almost. "

I think your getting this idea that Criticizing certain aspects about LGBT or Gender Roles in our society is discrimination, it's not. Of course the majority of it's trolling, this is an internet forum. You can't expect real idea exchange when your in either in an echo chamber or if you never fight your ideas out on Public forums.

"Not so fast. There is a deliberate effort to label GLBT as mentally ill. It used to be considered that in the DSM. The mentally ill are some of the most vulnerable people in society, it would seem advantageous to put glbt in that group.

I'm not certain on whether or not there is a movement to label gays as "mentally ill", but knowing conservative criticisms of the APA, the biggest critique was that the removal of homosexuality as a mental illness was NOT Based on evidence and more so on social pressure.

The leader of the APA during this chapter of it's time can attest to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4O33IbTWQ8

"I'm wondering if this itself is a form of political extremism?" Forcing gay's into the DSM manual without proof? Yes. Asking why there was no proof and not telling the whole truth on the situation that would have an effect on an individual? I would say No.


"Why must people hate ppl for being different? "Hatred is a natural emotion. If you wanted to know why people "hate", that simply varies. You also assume that people hate them for being what they are, instead of what they have done. Do we hate murders for being fathers? No, we hate them because they murder.


" What can be done about this mindset?" Being honest.

"Discuss your thoughts on the rash of outcries from self-described moderates and conservatives.

Well as a conservative, I can tell you that this issue is alot more deep than you think. Don't make the mistake of Hindsight Bias or Confirmation bias.
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

AkitoMadaka wrote:

We have 2 gay guys where I work.

They never stop trying to add innuendo into conversations. It's really fucking annoying and childish. I get it, you're gay, and that's OKAY. I don't need a 15 minute reminder while you're giggling like a 14 year old at the word penis.



Reported for Hate Speech. Enjoy your visit from the ADL.
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/6/16

maxgale wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:

Gonna be honest, I don't think I've seen ANY threads saying, "I hate faggots" or "Gays don't belong!" I've seen a SMALL amount of replies like that but definitely no threads.




LOL, I know, right?


OP is all, "There are many different types of Leftists! I'm not one of the extreme ones, so there!"


Then goes on to describe everyone who disagrees, no matter how slightly, with the Left on the matter of homosexuality as being a bigot.


But yeah, tell me #NotAllLeftists, OP.


I don't see where she said that?


1062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Northwestern Unit...
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
"I've met three gay people and see what the media portrays as being gay, so obviously everyone who is gay is like this. I can make any hasty generalization I want about everyone whose gay and it will be true because it's validated by my [limited] experience." .
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:
P.S. Can you stop it with blaming the left for everything? It's getting to be quite annoying.


Well.... the left IS responsible for half of US problems. The other half I blame on the right.
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/6/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
P.S. Can you stop it with blaming the left for everything? It's getting to be quite annoying.


Well.... the left IS responsible for half of US problems. The other half I blame on the right.


I deleted it. As a liberal it makes sense that I'm annoyed by Maxgale's posts. His rants about the SJWs apparently controlling our system, how the left is conspiring to silence the right, etc. It just gets annoying. Reading Maxgale's posts is worst than cancer sometimes.


In fact, the whole damn reason why I argue my views is to counteract Maxgale.


Although I disagree with Maxgale, he is better than me in the respect that doesn't call anyone a SJW while I clearly call people bigots.
16735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

AkitoMadaka wrote:

We have 2 gay guys where I work.

They never stop trying to add innuendo into conversations. It's really fucking annoying and childish. I get it, you're gay, and that's OKAY. I don't need a 15 minute reminder while you're giggling like a 14 year old at the word penis.



I know a gay couple and the only reason I know they are gay is because of facebook telling me, didn't want to know. They aren't trying to convert anyone, broadcast it everywhere, or tell everyone to accept them as they yell it loudly. That's how normal gay people are and most people against the LGTQWERTY are fine with that.

The problem is you have raging gay faggots who do what you quoted. That is what people cannot stand.
1062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Northwestern Unit...
Offline
Posted 1/6/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
P.S. Can you stop it with blaming the left for everything? It's getting to be quite annoying.


Well.... the left IS responsible for half of US problems. The other half I blame on the right.


I deleted it. As a liberal it makes sense that I'm annoyed by Maxgale's posts. His rants about the SJWs apparently controlling our system, how the left is conspiring to silence the right, etc. It just gets annoying. Reading Maxgale's posts is worst than cancer sometimes.


In fact, the whole damn reason why I argue my views is to counteract Maxgale.


It's so bizarre to me that people claim that "SJWs" control our system, or that Leftists (not just liberals, which is a fairly moderate political identity compared to many, many other Leftists) "silence" or otherwise attempt to control the speech of the Right. If these so-called "SJWs" did control our political system, I imagine things would be a lot different, and I imagine that we'd have a lot more laws that, while well-meaning, eventually fail to address the actual problems facing "minority" groups. The whole "silencing" thing is just plain wacky, because if that were true, people like Donald Trump would not have the massive political platform that they enjoy. Especially with more radical Leftists, who are also ardently anti-fascist.
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/7/16

Rujikin wrote:


AkitoMadaka wrote:

We have 2 gay guys where I work.

They never stop trying to add innuendo into conversations. It's really fucking annoying and childish. I get it, you're gay, and that's OKAY. I don't need a 15 minute reminder while you're giggling like a 14 year old at the word penis.



I know a gay couple and the only reason I know they are gay is because of facebook telling me, didn't want to know. They aren't trying to convert anyone, broadcast it everywhere, or tell everyone to accept them as they yell it loudly. That's how normal gay people are and most people against the LGTQWERTY are fine with that.

The problem is you have raging gay faggots who do what you quoted. That is what people cannot stand.


I wouldn't use that word if I were you. People could mistake you for being a bigot, and they would be completely justified in doing so. Just saying.


I know how you feel. I hate people who sag their pants, and felt at one time to use a certain word to describe them, feeling I could somehow change the word. But you can't erase the history of a word, or its connotation. You should know this by now.
5028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/6/16
There's a phenomenon going on with our generation where there's a call for equality and sensitivy and awareness, demanding more freedom but also trying to censor people's words and tones.
While asking for equality and awareness, we are also walking on a knife's edge as we try to censor everyone's voices and opinions because everyone is always so offended by everything.
There is a way to be aware of what goes on in the world and wanting to accept more people, but we can't do that while we try to censor everyone at the same time.
People have a opinions and speak. People have the right to voice their opinions. You can't demand awareness from people at the same time as trying to take away their voice.
We can bring awareness to the issues of, for example, privilege. We can provide many examples to bring awareness to it. We can do so in reaction to something someone said. We can voice our opinions about it and inform them. What we can't do is try to deny them their rights to speak and use their voice.
I'm not saying I agree with using racist language. I'm not saying being racist is okay. I'm saying that tone censoring fixes nothing and only exacerbates a person's desire to use it because they feel oppressed. Everyone does. Everyone is offended by everything.
But that only detracts from the real issue, which no one ever wants to really pay attention to.

Tl:Dr: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Evelynn Beatrice Hall.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.