First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Woman live-blogged her alleged rape rather than call the police
38129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
New Brunswick, Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/7/16
Its probably the first time and hopefully the only time I will ever say the following. (Just talking about the bolded statement).


All forms of Rape is bad--No Exceptions.
Her getting Raped (Which is probably true, considering the fact that it would be hard to write something this stupid in raw fiction) is bad.
Her accepting a Drunk guy's invitation to shower with her while currently sick, and actually following up on it with both of them likely being naked......Was as close to asking for it as possible. The amount of stupid, while not justifying the actual act, is stupidly large.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/6/16
>rather than call the police
You do realize how fucking shitty the cops in South Africa are in handling rape
35076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/7/16

D4nc3Style wrote:


Voc666IV wrote:

Just to point out that the woman did contact the police and the guy was arrested and released on bail pending a trial.


There was no rape, lol.



If there wasn't at least some evidence of rape, then the guy wouldn't have been arrested.
5638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / シャドーモセス島
Offline
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/7/16

IShouldBeStudying wrote:

i dont get why everyone is saying she's lying, there's nothing here that suggests what she's saying is true or false yet, except maybe the part about why she showered with the guy.



^This. Seriously, guys WTF?
35076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 1/6/16 , edited 1/7/16
As a victim of sexual abuse, and rape, by a former significant other, and yes, you can be raped by someone that you're in a relationship with, this story pisses me off quite a bit. Yes, I agree that women should come forward and talk about what happened to them if they were indeed sexually assaulted or raped. I know that these things do help. However, what pisses me off about this story, if it is indeed real, is that she basically walked into a situation where a rape was likely to occur. She's a rape activist for goodness sake! She should know the signs of a possible rape situation. How many times do women in college get told not to go somewhere alone with a drunk guy who's coming on to them at a party or something if they don't want to take things further or have anything happen to them? All the freaking time! And this was basically the same type of situation and she walked right into it. I don't agree with rape, at all, but I do agree that she was dumb to have joined the guy in the shower. If this did really happen to her, I feel sorry for her and those that follow her, but in a way she was almost asking for it. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was some publicity stunt or something though, or that she's lying.
Posted 1/7/16

BlackRose0607 wrote:


D4nc3Style wrote:


Voc666IV wrote:

Just to point out that the woman did contact the police and the guy was arrested and released on bail pending a trial.


There was no rape, lol.



If there wasn't at least some evidence of rape, then the guy wouldn't have been arrested.


That isn't exactly true and you know it. There are many reasons for an arrest. One is to stop a suspect from escaping even if there isn't evidence a the moment. Anyway, what happen to innocent until proven guilty?
Now excuse me OP but this story looks like fan fiction to me. The bad kind.
Sorry but even if this is real OP. This amount of stupid...... I cannot feel bad about her. Oh, let me get on the shower with some random dude. I am sure nothing bad will happen. Are you fucking kidding me? Maybe me saying this makes me a bad person but fuck it. If you touch fire and get burn. You are asking for it. I Don't care what her excuses are for her walking into that situation. She an idiot of a human being and yes she was asking to get raped. There were some many signs that were a wrong thing to do for her. There were red flags everywhere. Yet she walks into it no less. While being an activist against rape or wherever she is.

“He invited me to join. I said yes because the water at my current hostel is pretty cold and after 2 days of being sick, I just really wanted a hot shower. As soon as I got in the bathroom, he forced me to my knees. I said ‘stop!’, but he just got more violent.”




8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/7/16
'Agreed to shower together' - she obviously wanted a shag so its not rape.

Im not going to down play rape, but if she was ACTUALLY raped against her will then she wouldn't have been on her blog MOMENTS after it happened. Shes just bullshitting in an effort to add credibility to her campaign...
62009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The stars.. too b...
Offline
Posted 1/7/16
"So a Lion invited me into his cage for dinner. What I didn't know... Was that it was *I* that was on the menu."

Ya don't saaaaaaaaaaaay?


The man, (Sounds very black and low IQ, yes, I'm speculating. So the fuck what? Prove me wrong and I'll apologize.) invites her for a shower after an apparent attempt to get some poon. WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN??? HE WAS INVITING YOU TO SHOWER TO PLAY WITH THE RUBBER DUCKIES?

You know, I'd hate to say it, or not believe her at all... But rape activist... putting themselves into that situation. Sounds intentional, or she was fishing for a response. I've experienced this myself. Girl was throwing herself at me, removes her underwear and tells me, "Aren't you going to TAKE ME?!"... Walked out as she called me a faggot for not jumping at the chance.. The 50 Shades of Grey fantasy is very real... If anything, rape culture is sustained and supported by women. Yes. I went there.
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 1/7/16
South Africa? A rape activist XD LMAO

Agree to shower with another man because of cold water? What the fuck is this woman on? You know what I think, she wants the big ol D in the V but things got out of hand so she felt obligated to turn this into a cry for help.

I mean you can't make this Shit up. South Africa. .......SOUTH AFRICA!!!!!
11748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/7/16 , edited 1/7/16

Humms wrote:

South Africa? A rape activist XD LMAO

Agree to shower with another man because of cold water? What the fuck is this woman on? You know what I think, she wants the big ol D in the V but things got out of hand so she felt obligated to turn this into a cry for help.

I mean you can't make this Shit up. South Africa. .......SOUTH AFRICA!!!!!


You think a rape activist would know what areas have the biggest issues with it.. Also, she must not "practice what she preaches" because she was pretty stupid walking in to that situation of her own free will. If indeed she was raped, that sucks, but it may have been preventable.

It's not "her fault" someone forced themselves on her, but it's her blunder for walking into that situation, when she must know better. Don't go into alleys. Check. Don't go anywhere at night alone. Check. Bring a taser or pep spray. Check. Take some sort of self defense class and keep your head on a swivel. Check.

Kiss a guy while he's drunk, then agree to go to his apartment and get naked in the shower WITH him, while you're sick and especially weak. Check.
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 1/7/16 , edited 1/7/16

flipmane wrote:


Humms wrote:

South Africa? A rape activist XD LMAO

Agree to shower with another man because of cold water? What the fuck is this woman on? You know what I think, she wants the big ol D in the V but things got out of hand so she felt obligated to turn this into a cry for help.

I mean you can't make this Shit up. South Africa. .......SOUTH AFRICA!!!!!


You think a rape activist would know what areas have the biggest issues with it.. Also, she must not "practice what she preaches" because she was pretty stupid walking in to that situation of her own free will. If indeed she was raped, that sucks, but it may have been preventable.

It's not "her fault" someone forced themselves on her, but it's her blunder for walking into that situation, when she must know better. Don't go into alleys. Check. Don't go anywhere at night alone. Check. Bring a taser or pep spray. Check. Take some sort of self defense class and keep your head on a swivel. Check.

Kiss a guy while he's drunk, then agree to go to his apartment and get naked in the shower WITH him, while you're sick and especially weak. Check.


You're right it could have been prevented. DON'T WALK INTO A BATHROOM WITH A SOUTH AFRICAN MAN WHO IS INTOXICATED. this is completely her fault. What do you think they do in South Africa for fun? Watch Netflix and chill?

And she did all of this for what? She posted all of this for what?? Probably donations for help cure my HIV because I forcefully got raped because I was the one who took my clothes off campaign.

She didn't mention anything about him taking off her Clothes now did she?

So what if he didn't rape her? A rape activist just likes to get naked with Africans and shower together, it's not like anything is totally wrong with that, I mean she just wanted a hot facial... I mean shower! A hot shower all over her body

--__-- this is why I laugh at stories like this. It's like holding a piece of bacon up to a dog. Will it just fucking leave it alone? Or will it almost bite your hand from trying to take it?

You wanna play with fire, by all means get burned for some outspoken righteous rape activist Bullshit

27155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/7/16
Its like she asked for it -.-
Posted 1/7/16

Tinamarie101 wrote:

Its like she asked for it -.-


No like she ask. She literally ask for that to happen to her.
Who the fuck agree to take a shower with somebody you just met in South Africa?
Who does that? You say Japan or some similar culture and I may belive you. Even feel sorry for you. Even agree that was no suppose to happen.

But come on South Africa! Of All the places you should know better and still fuck up? Nonononono! I call bullshit on her.
No to mention there are things on her story that do not add up.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/7/16
Interestingly enough, things people do shouldn't surprise me anymore.
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/7/16
I mean it was bad that she was possibly raped and I know it's wrong to victim blame but... This is just on another level of stupidity. Person who is obviously coming onto you inviting you into a shower with them. What the fuck do you think is going to happen?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.