First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
When is censorship a good thing?
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

IzziRedd wrote:

Never. It is never a good thing. Anyone who supports censorship should be the first to be censored.

10/10 would recommend.
Posted 1/8/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


lunarxx wrote:

idc what you see, have a nice day

Seems like a valid refutation if I ever saw one.


I know your plan and you've failed twice already. Once on this thread and again on another. Face it, if you're going to claim you're against something but throw out a suggestion for .. what is it, censorship? They see it, too. So, manipulation foiled. Another thing, is the net will bring in a lot more fish than than the fisherman can eat, which makes the other villagers angry. By all mean, proceed, but it might backfire in ways noone can predict.
38129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
New Brunswick, Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

When quite a number of lives are at stake, both immediately and surely. Such as national secrets.


One blatant example of this, which everyone seems to forget, would be a soldier refusing to give information on his teams movements to the enemy. Such would be considered censorship. This can be applied in larger form too.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/8/16
Just letting you know, the Confederate Flag wasn't based on racist means, but rather an actual separation between the North and South. Adding...Abraham Lincoln isn't the ultimate american symbol, he was actually very racist himself....
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

lunarxx wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


lunarxx wrote:

idc what you see, have a nice day

Seems like a valid refutation if I ever saw one.


I know your plan and you've failed twice already. Once on this thread and again on another. Face it, if you're going to claim you're against something but throw out a suggestion for .. what is it, censorship? They see it, too. So, manipulation foiled. Another thing, is the net will bring in a lot more fish than than the fisherman can eat, which makes the other villagers angry. By all mean, proceed, but it might backfire in ways noone can predict.

Someone doesn't understand the joke.

Let's try and simplify this for you. If you censor an advocate for censorship, what's going to happen?
Posted 1/8/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


lunarxx wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


lunarxx wrote:

idc what you see, have a nice day

Seems like a valid refutation if I ever saw one.


I know your plan and you've failed twice already. Once on this thread and again on another. Face it, if you're going to claim you're against something but throw out a suggestion for .. what is it, censorship? They see it, too. So, manipulation foiled. Another thing, is the net will bring in a lot more fish than than the fisherman can eat, which makes the other villagers angry. By all mean, proceed, but it might backfire in ways noone can predict.

Someone doesn't understand the joke.

Let's try and simplify this for you. If you censor an advocate for censorship, what's going to happen?


"We won't care." *shrug*

News flash: you're not that superior and I'm not impressed. Keep trying to get me banned. Like I care if you pull it off.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

lunarxx wrote:

Keep trying to get me banned. Like I care if you pull it off.

Why would I want to ban such a bundle of joy?
Posted 1/8/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


lunarxx wrote:

Keep trying to get me banned. Like I care if you pull it off.

Why would I want to ban such a bundle of joy?


"The world may never know."
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

lunarxx wrote:


Irishsushi wrote:


lunarxx wrote:


Irishsushi wrote:

I don't think censorship is ever allowed. Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion doesn't give you the right to deny them their right to speak.


Alot goes unnoticed mein friend. You just don't know how subtle ppl influence oach other over time on the subconsious. Its sociology 101, social control. Its real, even if you don't know it.


So we should censor something that MIGHT affect someone at sometime in the future? Sorry. but I dont see that as a reason to start censoring people.


idc what you see, have a nice day


Then whats the point of posting this if you don't want feed back? You rather I ego stroke you and tell you that you are 100% right or give my opinions. You dont learn anything from being told what you already believe.
Posted 1/8/16

Irishsushi wrote:


lunarxx wrote:


Irishsushi wrote:


lunarxx wrote:


Irishsushi wrote:

I don't think censorship is ever allowed. Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion doesn't give you the right to deny them their right to speak.


Alot goes unnoticed mein friend. You just don't know how subtle ppl influence oach other over time on the subconsious. Its sociology 101, social control. Its real, even if you don't know it.


So we should censor something that MIGHT affect someone at sometime in the future? Sorry. but I dont see that as a reason to start censoring people.


idc what you see, have a nice day


Then whats the point of posting this if you don't want feed back? You rather I ego stroke you and tell you that you are 100% right or give my opinions. You dont learn anything from being told what you already believe.


You don't constitute the majority, and even if you did, you're still one individual with sheep in an echo chamber.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 1/8/16
Not how its going in german on immigrants doing things.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

lunarxx wrote:

You don't constitute the majority, and even if you did, you're still one individual with sheep in an echo chamber.

You're a salesman that really needs to try his own product.
6662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Online
Posted 1/8/16
Time of war when you are leaking classified information.

Otherwise, I disagree with censorship in any form.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 1/9/16

lunarxx wrote:


You don't constitute the majority, and even if you did, you're still one individual with sheep in an echo chamber.


"Well thats just your opinion man" Yeah because this is a opinion topic lel.

"Even if your opinion was the same as everyone else I don't like it, so fuck you" You right RIP me and my reasonable responses.

But the real question is how do you know that its not YOU who are in fact the sheep and your morning cereal the conduit for your indoctrination into the Reptilian hive mind?
One Punch Mod
85925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/4/16
Closed because OP nuked.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.