First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Can you be friends with "Rude" people?
4131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / The Flying Pussyf...
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

ISeaDreamer wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


ISeaDreamer wrote:

I'm kinda rude sometimes. Yet somehow people manage to handle my bs. xD


lol I just realized, but is ur avi from nagi no asukara omg :D


Yes xD It was my first avvie here on CR. Nagi no asukara is probably my favorite anime.


I really liked nagi a lot too! the animation was soo shiny kinda reminded of this other anime's animation from the new world.
Posted 1/8/16

Arielgirl375 wrote:


ISeaDreamer wrote:


Arielgirl375 wrote:


ISeaDreamer wrote:

I'm kinda rude sometimes. Yet somehow people manage to handle my bs. xD


me too. sometimes I don't know im rude. I think honesty can be considered rude sometimes... tone of voice as well. if I say it unemotional I then sound annoyed or angry.


For me it's because I'm super honest and blunt. If a friend were come up to me in the store asking if this outfit made her look overweight and she had a date shortly after. I would tell her yes if it actually did because I care about her. I want her to have the best date possible.


well then I think that's a good trait of yours.


Yes but I still get slapped > :C
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 1/8/16
Yea
Posted 1/8/16

Arielgirl375 wrote:


ISeaDreamer wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


ISeaDreamer wrote:

I'm kinda rude sometimes. Yet somehow people manage to handle my bs. xD


lol I just realized, but is ur avi from nagi no asukara omg :D


Yes xD It was my first avvie here on CR. Nagi no asukara is probably my favorite anime.


I really liked nagi a lot too! the animation was soo shiny kinda reminded of this other anime's animation from the new world.


I know it had different animation. But the color scheme reminded me a lot of K project.
4131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / The Flying Pussyf...
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

do you really?
2380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 1/8/16
I've gotten to know some people who come off as sounding rude, but are some pretty okay people when you get to know them.

I've been through that myself all too often. Some frustrations of life can really get you. Sometimes make you say things you'll regret later.

It takes a lot more than words for me to really hate someone.
4131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / The Flying Pussyf...
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

it also reminded me of glassip. but glassip was kind of lame.
27279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/8/16
uhm, no.
Bavalt 
22029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/8/16
Depends. If they're rude for the sake of levity, and actually well-meaning, I get along with them great. Many of my friends are like this; we're always joking at each others' expense or just generally being kind of asinine to one another, but it's all in good fun, and actually offending one another is crossing the line.

People who just have no regard for others or, worse, are intentionally mean, I usually avoid. When someone's rude to me, my first response is to laugh it off or go along with it, because I usually assume it's a joke unless their tone or body language says otherwise, and four times out of five, it actually is one.
Posted 1/8/16

TrickedMJ wrote:

Can ya?


Why not.
VeggyZ 
2624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 1/8/16 , edited 1/8/16
I can be forgiving, and I can be "Friends" with almost anyone. But if their rudeness causes another undeserving person misery, I will step in and tell them exactly what's on my mind. After that, they most likely won't be MY friend.

Zero tolerance for tormenting the undeserving, and rude people need to gain an inner monologue so that they don't get their asses kicked saying things to the wrong person (this applies to real life, at any rate).

I have rude friends, but they know their limts, because they should know those limits well before someone gets angry at them and sets them straight, right? And I know I'm not the only one who sees someone being belittled for no reason and gets furious and all self-righteous. I can't help it, just a reaction tempered from childhood I suppose.

If your make the rude conduct personal, and psychologically damaging... though... it is never going to be acceptable... to me at least.
19493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States, DE
Offline
Posted 1/8/16
It depends on what kind of rude.

One of my close friends has a really sarcastic, arrogant attitude. That's just how he is, but I know how to get along with him and he's a great friend.

If you're rude in a way that makes me feel bad about myself, or you talk bad on others constantly, then no we can't be friends.
Posted 1/8/16 , edited 1/8/16
Are they just plain rude or do they seem rude but are ridiculously honest?

Like.. If your breath stinks or something they tell you you need some gum so you don't get made fun of. Or are they just trashing on you for no reason?

Posted 1/8/16
If we're talking about people who are rude for no reason then absolutely not
other wise I would probably say why not.
17498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 1/8/16
As long as the rudeness doesn't make me feel uncomfortable, which really depends on the person's whole character.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.