Post Reply Skipping Naruto Filler
2000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Greensboro NC
Offline
Posted 1/8/16
So I've watched quite a bit of Naruto Shippuden, but I stopped since there was way too much filler. I want to continue and finish it so could someone tell me which episodes, or entire seasons, I don't have too watch to get to the good stuff?
Posted 1/8/16 , edited 1/8/16
Good side for you mate http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden

Shows all of the filler in a pretty organized and easy to view way.
5261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 1/8/16
One way to skip it? read the manga instead. Naruto fillers are endless and random.
2000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Greensboro NC
Offline
Posted 1/8/16

ZENI7H wrote:

Good side for you mate http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden

Shows all of the filler in a pretty organized and easy to view way.


This site is awesome!
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/9/16 , edited 1/9/16

Serrota wrote:

So I've watched quite a bit of Naruto Shippuden, but I stopped since there was way too much filler. I want to continue and finish it so could someone tell me which episodes, or entire seasons, I don't have too watch to get to the good stuff?


Naruto Shippuden's greatest sin is it's filler. With the original series it was all in one huge chunk that could quite easily be avoided. With this though, it's peppered throughout the whole series. But the worst thing is that some of it is actually good and complements the canon, so should probably be watched. But it's often in the middle of such rubbish that it's hard to tell.

So if you go through that filler list in that link you were given, these are the filler episodes out of it that I think are either worth watching, or worth consideration. All filler that I don't list I believe is pure garbage and should be avoided like the plague.

Episodes 57-71
This filler arc is very watchable, and has some good interactions with characters who you don't often get to see in action like Asuna. If you aren't in a big rush to get to main story arcs, I think it's an alright watch. It hurts nothing to skip it though (aside from missing out on providing a little filler backstory for side characters).

Episodes 90-112
This is an evil filler arc because it's really long, and there are some manga chapters peppered throughout it. Specifically episodes 90, 92, and 112 have a little non filler material. Some people totally swear by this arc being good. But I found it boring. So I'd just watch the first couple and then use your own discretion after that.

Episodes 127 and 128
Should watch them. They aren't pure filler, and the flashbacks are cool.

Episodes 176-178
Flashback filler that I liked about Iruka.

Episodes 284-289
If you want to expand the war a bit, these might as well be watched. If you're at all bored of filler though, they are very easily skipped.

Episodes 290-295
These are the "Power" special episodes. I don't personally recommend watching them. However, a lot of other people seem to have really enjoyed them. So I'll list them as potential filler to watch anyways.

Episodes 303-305, 307-308, 312, 316-317, 319-320
This is a big filler arc with a ton of really terrible episodes. I would probably skip all of these, but I listed the ones that are at least partially palatable if you want to see more battlefield stuff.

Episodes 347-361
This arc has a LOT of really really good backstory. I highly recommend watching this more than any other filler in the series.

Episodes 388-390
Should definitely be watched. Really well done side character backstory episodes.

Episodes 416-417, and 419
Yet more really good backstory that should be watched as it complements the canon.

Episodes 422-423
Not high quality episodes, but pretty enjoyable little side story with Konohamaru.

Also, I don't know how far into the series you are. But if you're already nearing the end I wouldn't try to rush it....they've been putting off ending the damn thing for so many months now that by the time they actually return to the canon storyline I'm going to be feeling way less enthusiastic about the series. The current endless filler hellscape that we've been dealing with is probably the most offensive filler I've ever seen in any anime, and I've lost a lot of good will because of it. And it shows no signs of ending.
2000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Greensboro NC
Offline
Posted 1/9/16

Balzack wrote:


Serrota wrote:

So I've watched quite a bit of Naruto Shippuden, but I stopped since there was way too much filler. I want to continue and finish it so could someone tell me which episodes, or entire seasons, I don't have too watch to get to the good stuff?


Naruto Shippuden's greatest sin is it's filler. With the original series it was all in one huge chunk that could quite easily be avoided. With this though, it's peppered throughout the whole series. But the worst thing is that some of it is actually good and complements the canon, so should probably be watched. But it's often in the middle of such rubbish that it's hard to tell.

So if you go through that filler list in that link you were given, these are the filler episodes out of it that I think are either worth watching, or worth consideration. All filler that I don't list I believe is pure garbage and should be avoided like the plague.

Episodes 57-71
This filler arc is very watchable, and has some good interactions with characters who you don't often get to see in action like Asuna. If you aren't in a big rush to get to main story arcs, I think it's an alright watch. It hurts nothing to skip it though (aside from missing out on providing a little filler backstory for side characters).

Episodes 90-112
This is an evil filler arc because it's really long, and there are some manga chapters peppered throughout it. Specifically episodes 90, 92, and 112 have a little non filler material. Some people totally swear by this arc being good. But I found it boring. So I'd just watch the first couple and then use your own discretion after that.

Episodes 127 and 128
Should watch them. They aren't pure filler, and the flashbacks are cool.

Episodes 176-178
Flashback filler that I liked about Iruka.

Episodes 284-289
If you want to expand the war a bit, these might as well be watched. If you're at all bored of filler though, they are very easily skipped.

Episodes 290-295
These are the "Power" special episodes. I don't personally recommend watching them. However, a lot of other people seem to have really enjoyed them. So I'll list them as potential filler to watch anyways.

Episodes 303-305, 307-308, 312, 316-317, 319-320
This is a big filler arc with a ton of really terrible episodes. I would probably skip all of these, but I listed the ones that are at least partially palatable if you want to see more battlefield stuff.

Episodes 347-361
This arc has a LOT of really really good backstory. I highly recommend watching this more than any other filler in the series.

Episodes 388-390
Should definitely be watched. Really well done side character backstory episodes.

Episodes 416-417, and 419
Yet more really good backstory that should be watched as it complements the canon.

Episodes 422-423
Not high quality episodes, but pretty enjoyable little side story with Konohamaru.

Also, I don't know how far into the series you are. But if you're already nearing the end I wouldn't try to rush it....they've been putting off ending the damn thing for so many months now that by the time they actually return to the canon storyline I'm going to be feeling way less enthusiastic about the series. The current endless filler hellscape that we've been dealing with is probably the most offensive filler I've ever seen in any anime, and I've lost a lot of good will because of it. And it shows no signs of ending.


WOW Thanks looks like you put a lot work into this!
Yeah I agree not ALL of the filler is bad, but they should've just made the seasons shorter so they could put more work into it and made the show go a faster pace, and so they wouldn't need the filler.
You must be logged in to post.