First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Hitler is a rock star in South Asia
10222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/10/16




Hitler was raised in a Catholic family. For every Mother Teresa or Pope John Paul II, there where also a number of crazies that came from that background. Just ask the people behind the Spanish Inquisition.


Catholics be crazy
27704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
Really doesn't surprise me that much you can find nazi fans all around the world. Now whether they are fans of the man himself is another matter.
Asians


Black


Mexican
Ejanss 
15949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16

KarenAraragi wrote:
Dude you know those 2 guys aren't exactly saints. They are just has bad has Hitler. The only difference between them and Hitler is that Hitler didn't succeed in winning history, but they did. Since I no a scholar on Hitler I would no claim he did amazing things. I do know the other two did amazing shit, while still being just has bad has Hitler. That being say you have to admit Hitler did had inhuman charisma.
He made an entire country do has he will. That pretty impressive by itself. That Hitler only redeeming quality has a leader. Because everything after that he fuck up


Again, it's the Donald Trump comparison: Charisma for appealing to national frustration with easy blame, finger-pointing, flag-waving, wrapping himself in the mob of the crowd to ridicule his detractors, and the hard-sell of emotional rallies, he had, Strategy and political people-skills, he didn't.
Trump supporters say, "Oh, sure, he's a little candid, but that's why he's breaking the rules, telling us the truth about the Muslims and Mexicans!" In other words, it's the message that's selling too easily, not the man; the man is too busily trying to sell himself as "just one of the frustrated common people" by spewing racist blame-rhetoric.

After WWI, Germany was in ruins, literally, economically, and spiritually: The Great Inflation had turned the economy unspendable in the twenties, and the French treaty had forced Germany to say they were sorry for causing the War all by themselves. As a result, anyone who started throwing around a little rabble-rousing by saying that the fault of the country was the "Jewish financiers" preventing the economy from getting better, the French making deals with the outside European countries (and those sneaky hive-minded Russian "Bolsheviks") to strip away historical German dignity, and that the common people would rise up and kick out all that corrupt leadership and backroom deals with their "national enemies", started to become MORE popular in the polls than he should have been. The message, not the nut who told it.
(There's also a good documentary on Netflix at the moment about how German expressionist silent films in the twenties all began to reflect a national instinct for stories about madness, tyrants, and how the fatalist crime, sex and decadence of its day would only spawn an out-of-control mechanized revolution...)

Even Disney, in one of their wartime propaganda films-for-hire by the Army, spotted the soap-sell for what it was:
https://youtu.be/nvp3zAPraF4?t=5m47s
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16

Ejanss wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:
Dude you know those 2 guys aren't exactly saints. They are just has bad has Hitler. The only difference between them and Hitler is that Hitler didn't succeed in winning history, but they did. Since I no a scholar on Hitler I would no claim he did amazing things. I do know the other two did amazing shit, while still being just has bad has Hitler. That being say you have to admit Hitler did had inhuman charisma.
He made an entire country do has he will. That pretty impressive by itself. That Hitler only redeeming quality has a leader. Because everything after that he fuck up


Again, it's the Donald Trump comparison: Charisma for appealing to national frustration with easy blame, finger-pointing, flag-waving, wrapping himself in the mob of the crowd to ridicule his detractors, and the hard-sell of emotional rallies, he had, Strategy, he didn't.
Trump supporters say, "Oh, sure, he's a little candid, but that's why he's breaking the rules, telling us the truth about the Muslims and Mexicans!" In other words, it's the message that's selling too easily, not the man; the man is too busily trying to sell himself as "just one of the frustrated common people" by spewing racist blame-rhetoric.

After WWI, Germany was in ruins, literally, economically, and spiritually: The Great Inflation had turned the economy unspendable in the twenties, and the French treaty had forced Germany to say they were sorry for causing the War all by themselves. As a result, anyone who started throwing around a little rabble-rousing by saying that the fault of the country was the "Jewish financiers" preventing the economy from getting better, the French making deals with the outside European countries to strip away historical German dignity, and that the common people would rise up and kick out all that corrupt leadership and backroom deals with their "national enemies", started to become MORE popular in the polls than he should have been. The message, not the nut who told it.
(There's also a good documentary on Netflix at the moment about how German expressionist silent films in the twenties all began to reflect a national instinct for stories about madness, tyrants, and how the decadence of its day would only spawn an out-of-control mechanized revolution...)

Even Disney, in one of their wartime propaganda films-for-hire by the Army, spotted the soap-sell for what it was:
https://youtu.be/nvp3zAPraF4?t=5m47s


True but still inhuman charisma. The fact that the man could earn the loyalty of so many people, the army, navy, air force. Speak volumes of his charisma. For example of proof of Hitler charisma. There are old Nazy soldiers that while they know what they did is wrong. If Hitler was still alive and ask them to fight again. They will do it without hesitation. That came out of their own mouth. Even if you say the rights things, doesn't mean people will react always like that thou. You need the inhuman charisma to pull it off. Otherwise, every nut case before Hitler would have succeeded before he even got the chance.
I like to call what Donald trump is doing the mob mentality or hive mentality.
10505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / The state of Wash...
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
now consider this, americans. East indians and other asian nations idolize hitler. well, if you would take the time to study history hitler and Japan had an agreement that america would go to asia when he takes over the world. Now if the asians idolize hitler and the dumb white americans continue to flood asians into the america and the dumb white americans continue to send good paying jobs to asian for the purpose of getting cheap labor and the asians develop an identity with the state of the german people back in hitler's time which is quite similar to the state of most asian people today (cheap labor, environmental destruction led by american corporate greed) then the asians will have the same attitude towards americans that hitler had towards the jews.

to hitler the jews were the cause of german poverty and oppression; therefore the had to be wiped off the face of the earth and the german people must take over the world.

to the asains, many of whom live in poverty and oppression america is the cause of their misery, cheap labor, polluting land and water by big business, wars. they feel they need to be liberated. What's gonna happen? well, they come to america grow; the dumb whites will give them jobs instead of hiring blacks and white. eventually the asians take over and bye- bye white people. Black people will be here, living poor but at least be here.

White americans should be concerned about this.
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16

Morbidhanson wrote:


lunarxx wrote:


Ejanss wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:Go ahead and rage. Even go on a rampage. Even if you kill 100 or 200 people, that act will never as historically significant as Hitler's accomplishments since it's just another mass shooting. Hitler was no ordinary person. His story was unique and his achievements were many. We wouldn't even be talking about him as badly if he led Germany to victory.


He was a nut. His own officers repeatedly tried to kill him, and hoped to leave the country open for deals with those accommodating British who were so willing to compromise at the beginning.
(Might have had something to do with his aberrant mood-swings going from glory to defeat to paranoia at the drop of a hat once the hard wartime work didn't go as promised after the rally speeches--Like when he at one point wanted Berlin to go out in a blaze of glory, by burning it down with the citizens still in it, rather than let the Russians get it.)

I'm assuming this is trolling, but it's so lacking in the general troll cliche's, or the adrenaline of campy hammerhead subtlety, that I'm taking the 1% chance that it's genuine nuttery. Or naivety/wishful historical-illiteracy, which is what the thread is about in the first place.
As for the latter, Rod Serling already covered it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIsm97HL0EU


I never thought I'd say this but Ejanss is right. It is absurb to entertain these ideas. The man isn't a victim or misunderstood. Unequivocably he destroyed Germany and led to it having to be split it in two for decades. He was a monster and a psychopath who rose to the top by exploiting a nation ravaged by a world war. And yes, he was quite paranoid and delusional. Mostly those that revere him think he's badass but he was just a loudmouth racist that decived a nation and murdered millions of people.

A related article: https://www.quora.com/Was-Hitler-misunderstood


I see nobody read the first two paragraphs of my post lol

Ah, well. I'm still unconvinced Hitler's story is one to throw into the scrapheap of general atrocities. His was one of an exceptional atrocity. Convincing a bunch of people to do those things takes extraordinary leadership. Just try imagining a person able to turn a nation into something similar today. Those people are few and far between. They must have certain qualities that make them so influential. No ordinary nut could have made it up there for so long.



The reason there hasn't been another is because people remember, and the world has come a long way, not because of his rarity or his genius. Germany needed a scapegoat and Hitler gave them one. As for leadership, he had help, goebbels, himler, goering, the fine german military and its generals like Rommel, who really was a genius that even the allied generals acknowledged it. There were a lot of smarter men that deserve more credit being his advisors. But if anything, he was just a trouble maker that came at the right time, after Germany lost WWI and crippled by war reparations.

Suppose you could call Josef Stalin a so-called Genius too since he surpassed hitler as a dictator and never was defeated, lived a long life and unlike hitler died of natural reasons.
Posted 1/10/16
Yeah, I don't really see that mustache or name becoming popular anytime soon.
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
That is a really fucking fascinating article.
19558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/10/16

aeb0717 wrote:


I guess you were too busy giving him a blow job to notice the part of him forcing thousands to work themselves to death for his Great Wall of China. I suppose atrocities are only A-okay whenever it suits you. Apparently, what this all comes down to is you being mad that people praise your least favorite jackass, all while you worship other evil shits. Congrats, you are what you dislike.


A, there is no actual proof anyone was forcing anyone to do anything. You have to remember China was a feudal society back then, certain practices were the norm. By that logic you could accuse Queen Victoria of being a monster.

Secondly people die all the time in large scale building projects, even to this day. Many of the towering edifices and bridges you see around you are stained with the lifeblood of more then one worker.
Posted 1/10/16
Hitler's not a rock star he's actually a pretty good MC, he spits fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZHA2qsuQoU
42238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
dead
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
27344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16

lunarxx wrote:

The reason there hasn't been another is because people remember, and the world has come a long way, not because of his rarity or his genius. Germany needed a scapegoat and Hitler gave them one. As for leadership, he had help, goebbels, himler, goering, the fine german military and its generals like Rommel, who really was a genius that even the allied generals acknowledged it. There were a lot of smarter men that deserve more credit being his advisors. But if anything, he was just a trouble maker that came at the right time, after Germany lost WWI and crippled by war reparations.

Suppose you could call Josef Stalin a so-called Genius too since he surpassed hitler as a dictator and never was defeated, lived a long life and unlike hitler died of natural reasons.


I do consider Stalin another important historical leader. Hitler was not much of an effective military leader to me, more of a political one.
Posted 1/10/16

Morbidhanson wrote:


lunarxx wrote:

The reason there hasn't been another is because people remember, and the world has come a long way, not because of his rarity or his genius. Germany needed a scapegoat and Hitler gave them one. As for leadership, he had help, goebbels, himler, goering, the fine german military and its generals like Rommel, who really was a genius that even the allied generals acknowledged it. There were a lot of smarter men that deserve more credit being his advisors. But if anything, he was just a trouble maker that came at the right time, after Germany lost WWI and crippled by war reparations.

Suppose you could call Josef Stalin a so-called Genius too since he surpassed hitler as a dictator and never was defeated, lived a long life and unlike hitler died of natural reasons.


I do consider Stalin another important historical leader. Hitler was not much of an effective military leader to me, more of a political one.


Well, Stalin only helped the Allies because Hitler betrayed him. He was a mass-murderer even moreso than Hitler.
27344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/16

lunarxx wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:


lunarxx wrote:

The reason there hasn't been another is because people remember, and the world has come a long way, not because of his rarity or his genius. Germany needed a scapegoat and Hitler gave them one. As for leadership, he had help, goebbels, himler, goering, the fine german military and its generals like Rommel, who really was a genius that even the allied generals acknowledged it. There were a lot of smarter men that deserve more credit being his advisors. But if anything, he was just a trouble maker that came at the right time, after Germany lost WWI and crippled by war reparations.

Suppose you could call Josef Stalin a so-called Genius too since he surpassed hitler as a dictator and never was defeated, lived a long life and unlike hitler died of natural reasons.


I do consider Stalin another important historical leader. Hitler was not much of an effective military leader to me, more of a political one.


Well, Stalin only helped the Allies because Hitler betrayed him. He was a mass-murderer even moreso than Hitler.


Doesn't make him less important a historical leader. Importance doesn't necessarily mean goodness.
Posted 1/10/16
Oh God
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.