Post Reply Most Unexpected Moments in Anime
3633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Everywhere
Online
Posted 1/9/16
Has there been a moment, while watching anime, that you were completely shocked by something that happened? The unexpected death of a character, a plot event that you did not see coming, something so ridiculous and random you could not have predicted it in a thousand years?
Remember to keep all pictures PG-13 and to include spoiler tags if there is a spoiler!
1880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Märchenland
Offline
Posted 1/9/16 , edited 1/9/16
The first episode of School Live comes to mind, for reasons that I think are clear to those who have watched it.

But as another example, i'll say the "twist" in Madoka Magica: Rebellion.

Major Rebellion Spoilers
DON'T open if you haven't seen (and I recommend everyone see it).
6672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/9/16 , edited 1/9/16
The first thing that comes to mind, because I saw it recently, was this scene in Durarara x2:



Yep....
2933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/9/16
Episode 4 (or 3 I forget) of Shimoneta was just wtf...they even had to warn viewers.
490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/9/16

Cait_Sidhe wrote:

The first episode of School Live comes to mind, for reasons that I think are clear to those who have watched it.

But as another example, i'll say the "twist" in Madoka Magica: Rebellion.

Major Rebellion Spoilers
DON'T open if you haven't seen (and I recommend everyone see it).


Yeah seriously. I just finished the series which had some pretty big shocking moments and when I watched rebellion last night my jaw dropped. I had the same reaction. Afterwards I literally laid in bed trying to fall asleep just in shock not sure if I should feel happy or sad and if I hated how it ended or loved it.

6672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/9/16 , edited 1/9/16

Strungout wrote:

Yeah seriously. I just finished the series which had some pretty big shocking moments and when I watched rebellion last night my jaw dropped. I had the same reaction. Afterwards I literally laid in bed trying to fall asleep just in shock not sure if I should feel happy or sad and if I hated how it ended or loved it.


Your post reminded me of how I felt after watching End of Evangelion. Exactly the same.

When I watched the TV end of Neon Genesis Evangelion I was confused and disappointed so I watched End of Evangelion right after.

The entire movie was one big shocking experience.
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 2/13/16
For me it was plot twist in Vampire Knight

Posted 2/13/16

GotenLoooovesCorn wrote:

Episode 4 (or 3 I forget) of Shimoneta was just wtf...they even had to warn viewers.


OMG yes!!! If your talking about the thing that happened during the ED song then yeah that was unexpected af.

18203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Maniwa Japan
Online
Posted 2/13/16
Shirley - Code Geass

unnecessary and sad.

530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 2/13/16
You must be logged in to post.