Post Reply Does CR count the episodes I watched on the different devices I own?
29096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In the sunroom
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
Yep. Still confused.
I've started watching much of the anime on my AT&T tablet (cheap, simple little thing, but very adequate for my modest needs.). I bring up my same queue; it seems to keep track of what I watched, but I don't seem to achieve anything. Is there something I should have done first?
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16
Yep, when you make the move to forgo the web player for watching Crunchyroll on other devices you will no longer get any sort of episode viewing achievements.

I will admit that the experience feels a little less interactive with those gone. But...the majority of the devices stream just so, so much better than on the site that I don't care too much haha.
Dragon
58346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16

Purryfur wrote:

Yep. Still confused.
I've started watching much of the anime on my AT&T tablet (cheap, simple little thing, but very adequate for my modest needs.). I bring up my same queue; it seems to keep track of what I watched, but I don't seem to achieve anything. Is there something I should have done first?


Moved this over to site support. If you watch on different devices, it should track your current episode in the series, and position in your current episode within about 20 seconds or so (it goes by chunks).

If you watch halfway into an episode on your tablet, then switch to your computer, is it not tracking that properly? So long as you're logged in to your account in both, it should work...

ETA: Oh, site achievements? Sorry, misunderstood.
8116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
you mean watching an episode or counting towards a badge? if you start watching an episode on your phone, then log into the website, it should show you watched 10 minutes or whatever. works that way for my boyfriend and i, and we've got CR on our phones, PS3, PS4, and we watch the website.

if you mean the anime badge, dunno, that one can be a pain for me to obtain even though i usually complete about 3 series a month i've only gotten the badge a handful of times so idk how that one works.
29096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In the sunroom
Offline
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16

Nekoshema wrote:



if you mean the anime badge, dunno, that one can be a pain for me to obtain even though i usually complete about 3 series a month i've only gotten the badge a handful of times so idk how that one works.


Yep, I've been confused and frustrated by that, too, as has Balzak, it seems. At least, I'm not the only one. My CR points seem to have stalled, too. Don't know; can't yell loud enough.
29096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In the sunroom
Offline
Posted 1/10/16

MakotoKamui wrote:


Purryfur wrote:


If you watch halfway into an episode on your tablet, then switch to your computer, is it not tracking that properly? So long as you're logged in to your account in both, it should work...

ETA: Oh, site achievements? Sorry, misunderstood.


Well, I haven't tried switching in the middle that I remember. I have had to quit in the middle of an episode on my home computer and most of the time it tracks just fine, though sometimes it will go all the way back to the beginning or completely skip the episode and go to the next one.
I don't seem to be able to access CR from my tablet when I'm in waiting rooms. I just assumed it was because I wasn't on my home network and switched to reading books already stored on the tablet. Though, now that I think about it, that isn't really reasonable, or what's an app for? I'll have another chance to test the waiting room situation tomorrow. It might work this time.
One Punch Mod
85861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/10/16

Purryfur wrote:

I don't seem to be able to access CR from my tablet when I'm in waiting rooms. I just assumed it was because I wasn't on my home network and switched to reading books already stored on the tablet. Though, now that I think about it, that isn't really reasonable, or what's an app for? I'll have another chance to test the waiting room situation tomorrow. It might work this time.


When using your tablet in waiting rooms are you connected via your own data plan, or trying to use the waiting room's wifi (or some other kind of hotspot).

You do need to be connected to internet somehow--CR doesn't store the video on your tablet.

I have successfully watched video using the CR app on my phone when away from home, using my cell data plan, or on my tablet using a wifi connection away from home (like at a cafe). However, sometimes when hooked in that way, there really isn't good bandwidth so I can't always get an adequate viewing experience (takes too long to load and times out; plays just a few minutes and then takes a long time to load the next few minutes.)
You must be logged in to post.