First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Nastiest thing you've eaten.
7280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/16


Like sashimi? It's like candy for me, what did you try?
4031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
surströmming
3060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
uni. don't know what uni is? its sea-urchin. I've only had it once, because i literally threw up after first trying it.
10314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
Bitter gourd. It literally has bitter in its name
Posted 1/10/16

RedWhiteNBeard wrote:


potentsativa wrote:


TheVeganBlacksmith wrote:

In all reality it would be a group of things. However to keep it short for simple reading here is a couple links
1.) Milk(any kind of animal based milk) when any person consumes lactose/animal proteins your bones become weaker due to a leeching of calcium from bones.

A 1994 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Remer T, Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1356-61) found that animal proteins cause calcium to be leached from the bones and excreted in the urine.


http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15001604
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12672913

Two studies that show otherwise.

I've seen studies that go both ways and sometimes it has no effect. Biochemistry is complex and context is very important, like in that study people were put on bed rest for a good portion of time which is known to increase blood calcium levels in as little as a couple days, I believe they even said that exercise blunted the loss of calcium which should also be noted.



I spent a few years in college trying to become a dietician. Really just follow the food pyramid and you'll be fine, dairy itself isn't evil just not quite a staple.
Vegan lifestyles aren't bad either especially with supplements now a days.


I've spent a couple years independently studying and I'm gonna say this...diet doesn't matter as much as people think, I'm not advocating eating junk food cause that's just dumb, whole foods are best. But keeping your circadian rhythm in check as far as I've seen is more important than food.
3060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16


you mean regular sushi? just keep eating it, you will get used to it. except uni. that stuff is disgusting, even to someone who has been eating sushi their whole life.
4565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Online
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16

Trewill91 wrote:

uni. don't know what uni is? its sea-urchin. I've only had it once, because i literally threw up after first trying it.


Uni is the gonads of sea urchin or roe if you prefer I liked it but I know alot that don't
However I also love almost any sushi wise.

With my ex girlfriend who was chinese me her and her mom went out for dim sum and I love dim sum but one of the things we got was a century egg. Gah it was gross. However I hate the taste of eggs ingeneral.

3060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16

Kerst wrote:


Trewill91 wrote:

uni. don't know what uni is? its sea-urchin. I've only had it once, because i literally threw up after first trying it.


Uni is the gonads of sea urchin or roe if you prefer I liked it but I know alot that don't
However I also love almost any sushi wise.

With my ex girlfriend who was chinese me her and her mom went out for dim sum and I love dim sum but one of the things we got was a century egg. Gah it was gross.



i was surprised because it was the first sushi i had ever tried that i didn't like. and i have eaten a ton of sushi in my day.
7280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/16

Trewill91 wrote:


Kerst wrote:


Trewill91 wrote:

uni. don't know what uni is? its sea-urchin. I've only had it once, because i literally threw up after first trying it.


Uni is the gonads of sea urchin or roe if you prefer I liked it but I know alot that don't
However I also love almost any sushi wise.

With my ex girlfriend who was chinese me her and her mom went out for dim sum and I love dim sum but one of the things we got was a century egg. Gah it was gross.



i was surprised because it was the first sushi i had ever tried that i didn't like. and i have eaten a ton of sushi in my day.
I had uni nigiri and I liked it, maybe it was how it's prepared. Like I've had wonderful tasting octopus and bad old octopus lol. Big difference from each other

7280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/16

potentsativa wrote:


RedWhiteNBeard wrote:


potentsativa wrote:


TheVeganBlacksmith wrote:

In all reality it would be a group of things. However to keep it short for simple reading here is a couple links
1.) Milk(any kind of animal based milk) when any person consumes lactose/animal proteins your bones become weaker due to a leeching of calcium from bones.

A 1994 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Remer T, Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1356-61) found that animal proteins cause calcium to be leached from the bones and excreted in the urine.


http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15001604
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12672913

Two studies that show otherwise.

I've seen studies that go both ways and sometimes it has no effect. Biochemistry is complex and context is very important, like in that study people were put on bed rest for a good portion of time which is known to increase blood calcium levels in as little as a couple days, I believe they even said that exercise blunted the loss of calcium which should also be noted.



I spent a few years in college trying to become a dietician. Really just follow the food pyramid and you'll be fine, dairy itself isn't evil just not quite a staple.
Vegan lifestyles aren't bad either especially with supplements now a days.


I've spent a couple years independently studying and I'm gonna say this...diet doesn't matter as much as people think, I'm not advocating eating junk food cause that's just dumb, whole foods are best. But keeping your circadian rhythm in check as far as I've seen is more important than food.


Lifestyle in general, good routines and exercise makes a huge difference.
7523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Crimson Mage Village
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
My words. Boy, did that leave a nasty taste in my mouth...


-I would've replied with "urine", but I think don't think that qualifies as something you can "eat"...
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/16 , edited 1/10/16
Pickles. I gag whenever I accidentally bite a pickle on my hamburger.

This from a guy who's enjoyed eating plenty of unusual things.


TripleBakaKimidori wrote:
-I would've replied with "urine", but I think don't think that qualifies as something you can "eat"...

There was a time in my life when my brother and I would slip urine into each others drinks

I have a harder time with pickles.
17749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 1/10/16
either liver or goats head. the goats head was actually pretty good.
7280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/16

nemoskull wrote:

either liver or goats head. the goats head was actually pretty good.


I've heard the goat eyeballs are like candy
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.