First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Too old for high school?
17175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16
I had a friend who graduated at 20 years old because of a disease that left her bed ridden for some years.

I also knew a classmate who was walking on crutches and needed a someone to assist her to every classroom. Apparently the caretaker was the mother. She started doing the class assignments and taking the test. At first I thought she was just having fun until I saw her in a graduation gown during ceremony... and then it clicked
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16
I don't think there should be an age limit. It doesn't make sense. Not completing high school bars you from a lot of higher education opportunities.

Even if you somehow fail the super easy standardized tests they give you multiple times, you should always be allowed to go back and try again as long as you have a clean record. And even if you don't have one, you should be allowed to complete courses to earn the high school degree through some other arrangement. Admittedly, I'm not that in touch with the education system but people should always have a chance to somehow earn a degree they didn't get on time. I suppose they don't necessarily have to attend the regular classes with the usual people, but there should be some other way if people are adamant about this.

Maybe regular high schoolers will have relations with adults. Whatever. Punish them if they break the law and they get caught, but don't make their lives difficult just because 'it might happen' and so there's an age limit for school.
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16

lambofgenesis wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


dragontackle wrote:

21 is the max in my area. Honestly id prefer if 18 was the max. I really dont want younger teens around grown ass adults. And if I were to still pursue teaching, id make sure if there were any 18 year old students flirting with underclassmen id report them straight to the police.


Nice double standard buddy. I read what you and the other guy say. Sound like venting to me. I also may need to show you my hight school girls. I promise you, they will make your guy look like a saint in comparison. Since you think because they are younger, they could do no wrong or be the one to initiated the flirting. Or not even be equally just to blame for the situation. Anyway, I don't agree or disagree with you. I disagree with your method. That just drama for the sake of drama.


Dats how da law works brah. If she's 15 and hits on you, lies about her age and shows fake ID... ur going to jail where the other prisoners will kill u


Bruh the law is crap and can go suck dick. You also need to prove sex was involved or you can't make a case. You also need to prove sex was the intention too.
This part is bullshit and illegal. You can only send somebody for something they know. People have been let go for girls lying about their age. And they themselves getting into trouble with the law.

, lies about her age and shows fake ID... ur going to jai

That prisoner crap are you directing at me? Because I know how to kill people with my bared hands. I don't care what some shitheads in prison think he can do to me. Doble standards. That not how the law works.
You need to prove actions and intent.
But hey I don't give a shit. Because Apparently this country judges are rotten and brain dead to the core.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3186964/Judge-reconsiders-case-man-19-sex-offender-registry-25-YEARS-sleeping-underage-girl-met-hookup-app-lied-age.html
That bitch should be the one to go to jail, no him. But apparently because you are minor lying is OK. Regardless of the effect it may cause to the other person. Seriously you motherfuckers need to stop with the prisoner will kill you thing. If it was that easy to kill somebody imprison. We wouldn't have a list of sex offenders. That getting really old.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


dragontackle wrote:

21 is the max in my area. Honestly id prefer if 18 was the max. I really dont want younger teens around grown ass adults. And if I were to still pursue teaching, id make sure if there were any 18 year old students flirting with underclassmen id report them straight to the police.


Nice double standard buddy. I read what you and the other guy say. Sound like venting to me. I also may need to show you my hight school girls. I promise you, they will make your guy look like a saint in comparison. Since you think because they are younger, they could do no wrong or be the one to initiated the flirting. Or not even be equally just to blame for the situation. Anyway, I don't agree or disagree with you. I disagree with your method. That just drama for the sake of drama.


Dats how da law works brah. If she's 15 and hits on you, lies about her age and shows fake ID... ur going to jail where the other prisoners will kill u


Bruh the law is crap and can go suck dick. You also need to prove sex was involved or you can't make a case. You also need to prove sex was the intention too.
This part is bullshit and illegal. You can only send somebody for something they know. People have been let go for girls lying about their age. And they themselves getting into trouble with the law.

, lies about her age and shows fake ID... ur going to jai

That prisoner crap are you directing at me? Because I know how to kill people with my bared hands. I don't care what some shitheads in prison think he can do to me. Doble standards. That not how the law works.
You need to prove actions and intent.
But hey I don't give a shit. Because Apparently this country judges are rotten and brain dead to the core.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3186964/Judge-reconsiders-case-man-19-sex-offender-registry-25-YEARS-sleeping-underage-girl-met-hookup-app-lied-age.html
That bitch should be the one to go to jail, no him. But apparently because you are minor lying is OK. Regardless of the effect it may cause to the other person. Seriously you motherfuckers need to stop with the prisoner will kill you thing. If it was that easy to kill somebody imprison. We wouldn't have a list of sex offenders. That getting really old.


dats becuz they only kill the child molesters (sex with 15 = child molester, even if you're 18! :D)

lol Karen, I think we all know how to kill people with our bare hands. But none of us can probably do it irl, unless your ranwolf or ubo.

And no u don't have to prove intent for statutory rape bro. It's one of those crimes where ignorance doesn't count.

Don't you wish u were 15 so u could just go around sleeping with 18 year olds and get them in trouble one by one by one by one by one. ^^ It's so troll it'd be awesome :D
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16

lambofgenesis wrote:


dats becuz they only kill the child molesters (sex with 15 = child molester, even if you're 18! :D)

lol Karen, I think we all know how to kill people with our bare hands. But none of us can probably do it irl, unless your ranwolf or ubo.

And no u don't have to prove intent for statutory rape bro. It's one of those crimes where ignorance doesn't count.

Don't you wish u were 15 so u could just go around sleeping with 18 year olds and get them in trouble one by one by one by one by one. ^^ It's so troll it'd be awesome :D


I really hope you're kidding, haha.

I've encountered people who do that sort of thing and they are the kinds of people that end up stabbed behind the bar because they think the law will protect them even though they are the ones essentially causing trouble for other people.

One former coworker gave a free drink to a girl who kept pleading for one, saying it's her birthday and all, then lied about her age. He gave her a free beer from the back fridge and the little snot came back the next morning and told the manager that the guy last night gave alcohol to a minor. He got fired on the spot. He was just trying to be nice. Had a family to support and everything.

Another time, there was a girl who was all up on a guy in the club and then thought it was funny to report it to the police the next day since she was 17. She ended up in a shipping container. They found her body a few weeks later.

I also had to deal with a guest who hanged himself in one of our rooms since he was allegedly involved with a minor. She was a little s*** who was the babysitter and basically told his wife and kids that he had done something to her. Nobody would listen to him.

And there was a youth leader from a church I used to go to who was accused of molesting a young girl after the police pulled him over. She was in his car because he always shuttles the children home after the Friday nights. He was eventually cleared but that sort of thing hung onto him. Obviously, he's not a youth leader anymore and a bunch of people left that church and his fiance left him.

All kinds of people out there. Some are better off learning the hard way because they think ruining other peoples' lives is funny. Well, actually, I guess you can go ahead and have a twisted sense of humor since that's not harmful. But just sharing a few stories.
Posted 1/11/16
1. One of the government's priorities is to secure the economy. 2. It is more profitable to reeducate citizens than it is to keep them unemployed. So, to answer your question: Citizens are only too old for high school when it is no longer profitable to reeducate them.
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 1/11/16
I believe the maximum age here is 21 as well for HS.


Morbidhanson wrote:

I don't think there should be an age limit. It doesn't make sense. Not completing high school bars you from a lot of higher education opportunities.

Even if you somehow fail the super easy standardized tests they give you multiple times, you should always be allowed to go back and try again as long as you have a clean record. And even if you don't have one, you should be allowed to complete courses to earn the high school degree through some other arrangement. Admittedly, I'm not that in touch with the education system but people should always have a chance to somehow earn a degree they didn't get on time. I suppose they don't necessarily have to attend the regular classes with the usual people, but there should be some other way if people are adamant about this.

Maybe regular high schoolers will have relations with adults. Whatever. Punish them if they break the law and they get caught, but don't make their lives difficult just because 'it might happen' and so there's an age limit for school.


Here, there is the GED, high school equivalent which anyone can get if they can't do high school by a certain age.

Lucky for those that live here, because I couldn't see them allowing older people into high school, far too many legal risks, from relationships and further inflating the proportion of HS kids that get involved in drugs and alcoholism. The older people would likely experience bullying as well I would imagine, HS kids are jerks.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/16

Morbidhanson wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dats becuz they only kill the child molesters (sex with 15 = child molester, even if you're 18! :D)

lol Karen, I think we all know how to kill people with our bare hands. But none of us can probably do it irl, unless your ranwolf or ubo.

And no u don't have to prove intent for statutory rape bro. It's one of those crimes where ignorance doesn't count.

Don't you wish u were 15 so u could just go around sleeping with 18 year olds and get them in trouble one by one by one by one by one. ^^ It's so troll it'd be awesome :D


I also had to deal with a guest who hanged himself in one of our rooms since he was allegedly involved with a minor. She was a little s*** who was the babysitter and basically told his wife and kids that he had done something to her. Nobody would listen to him.





A little one-sided here? The MARRIED dad took advantage of a babysitter AT your HOTEL (not at his house). And you're blaming the babysitter, hello?!

I think you're on the wrong side dude lol.

I'm not pro statutory rape laws, but c'mon, you're kinda on the extremist side... He's cheating on his wife and ruining his family with a (13?14?15?) year old, and he's probably like 40... and he took her to your hotel too. (so he's hiding the relationship, basically treating her like a sex thing, not even legitimately dating the babysitter, just doing her.)

He shouldn't have hanged himself but I mean, he wasn't right.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16

lambofgenesis wrote:

A little one-sided here? The MARRIED dad took advantage of a babysitter AT your HOTEL (not at his house). And you're blaming the babysitter, hello?!

I think you're on the wrong side dude lol.

I'm not pro statutory rape laws, but c'mon, you're kinda on the extremist side... He's cheating on his wife and ruining his family with a (13?14?15?) year old, and he's probably like 40... and he took her to your hotel too. (so he's hiding the relationship, basically treating her like a sex thing, not even legitimately dating the babysitter, just doing her.)

He shouldn't have hanged himself but I mean, he wasn't right.


She wasn't at the hotel. And you're assuming he wasn't telling the truth, which is also one-sided. And looks like that whole story was somehow fleshed out on a bare skeleton that I provided. He was at the hotel to hang himself and write a suicide letter.

Regardless of who was right, it's still not a funny story. Which is the whole point. I'm merely entertaining the idea that he could've been right. I thought the babysitter was a little s*** since she told his kids, too. Decent people don't go around telling small children explicit stories. Just tell the adults and the authorities.

I'm for statutory rape laws, but I do think it should take more than a glance at the ages to determine guilt. Some states do have Romeo and Juliet laws that don't blast people with such a heavy charge if their ages are within a certain range of one another.


KnightOfZero1991 wrote:

I believe the maximum age here is 21 as well for HS.

Here, there is the GED, high school equivalent which anyone can get if they can't do high school by a certain age.

Lucky for those that live here, because I couldn't see them allowing older people into high school, far too many legal risks, from relationships and further inflating the proportion of HS kids that get involved in drugs and alcoholism. The older people would likely experience bullying as well I would imagine, HS kids are jerks.


Yeah, that sounds about right. We probably have this and I'm pretty sure lawmakers and education pros have thought of this by now. Just thought it sounded funny that the opportunity would pass after a certain age. Not sure how it is in my home country, though.
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16
This make no sense. I cannot understand what you are saying here. Second my grandfather is a federal agent. I know what they do imprison. I also know they put Sex offenders in a separate section to protect them from the other prisoners.

dats becuz they only kill the child molesters (sex with 15 = child molester, even if you're 18! :D)

Yeah, the normal crap. I also have martial arts training. I also have melee weapons training. So get out your high horse dude. I don't have at problem killing people or hurting people, who are trying to hurt me or kill me.

lol Karen, I think we all know how to kill people with our bare hands. But none of us can probably do it irl, unless your ranwolf or ubo.

Yes, it fucking counts. Go read the law. Unless you live in an idiot state.

And no u don't have to prove intent for statutory rape bro. It's one of those crimes where ignorance doesn't count.

The hell is wrong with you? First of all, I and other people I know have sex with older people at that age. So stop with the condescending attitude. I have more experience than most of you guy have by the time you hit 18. Dude no I don't wish to be 15 so I can ruin people lives. You are one sadistic human.

Don't you wish u were 15 so u could just go around sleeping with 18 year olds and get them in trouble one by one by one by one by one. ^^ It's so troll it'd be awesome :D

By the way, tell me what your are smoking, so I can avoid having my brain cells die.
3014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/16
I'd advise reading up on a very famous man named: John Taylor Gatto.
Further, look into a book called The Philosophy of Education (1906)

For more exciting information...you may want to know read: Everything you know is WRONG by (many people) Edited by Russ kick <--awesome book
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16


wut. I have never seen anyone defend sleeping with minors so forcefully. And this post was so disgusting I'm reporting it to mods.
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16
Go a head. Please tell me what rule did I break.
Well, thanks for the cancer. Because you miss the point.

have never seen anyone defend sleeping with minors


What the mod going to do? Delete my post over your disagreement?
I am sure you are the one who has problems.
I mean look what you say. I think you are the one with the problems here. No to mention Your disregard for people lying about their age. Then sending the other person to jail over it. When is clearly the minor fault for lying about their age.

Don't you wish u were 15 so u could just go around sleeping with 18 year olds and get them in trouble one by one by one by one by one. ^^ It's so troll it'd be awesome :D


And for your personal information. I no arguing for what you are saying. I saying what you say is crap. 2 I am also saying that if the kid lie about their age. They should be punishable too. Because BS that one get punishment for a lie but no the one who lie about their age.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/16

Morbidhanson wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

A little one-sided here? The MARRIED dad took advantage of a babysitter AT your HOTEL (not at his house). And you're blaming the babysitter, hello?!

I think you're on the wrong side dude lol.

I'm not pro statutory rape laws, but c'mon, you're kinda on the extremist side... He's cheating on his wife and ruining his family with a (13?14?15?) year old, and he's probably like 40... and he took her to your hotel too. (so he's hiding the relationship, basically treating her like a sex thing, not even legitimately dating the babysitter, just doing her.)

He shouldn't have hanged himself but I mean, he wasn't right.


She wasn't at the hotel. And you're assuming he wasn't telling the truth, which is also one-sided. And looks like that whole story was somehow fleshed out on a bare skeleton that I provided. He was at the hotel to hang himself and write a suicide letter.

Regardless of who was right, it's still not a funny story. Which is the whole point. I'm merely entertaining the idea that he could've been right. I thought the babysitter was a little s*** since she told his kids, too. Decent people don't go around telling small children explicit stories. Just tell the adults and the authorities.

I'm for statutory rape laws, but I do think it should take more than a glance at the ages to determine guilt. Some states do have Romeo and Juliet laws that don't blast people with such a heavy charge if their ages are within a certain range of one another.


KnightOfZero1991 wrote:

I believe the maximum age here is 21 as well for HS.

Here, there is the GED, high school equivalent which anyone can get if they can't do high school by a certain age.

Lucky for those that live here, because I couldn't see them allowing older people into high school, far too many legal risks, from relationships and further inflating the proportion of HS kids that get involved in drugs and alcoholism. The older people would likely experience bullying as well I would imagine, HS kids are jerks.


Yeah, that sounds about right. We probably have this and I'm pretty sure lawmakers and education pros have thought of this by now. Just thought it sounded funny that the opportunity would pass after a certain age. Not sure how it is in my home country, though.


Sorry I assumed again. Hotel, hanged himself, left a note, not sure if he actually slept with the babysitter. Okay I got it. Maybe she really is a f*g***.

I don't agree with Romeo and Juliet laws that excuse people within an age range though. Cuz then that's just treating adults differently for no reason. RJ laws should be based on the relationship between the minor and the adult, and not the adult/minor's age.

I mean let's say a 21 year old sleeps with a 14 year old and gets off lightly because they were in a serious relationship or because he was 21... but then a 14 year old and a 40 year old are in the same exact circumstance and he doesn't get the same benefit just because he's 40. That kinda doesn't make sense.

I think for RJ statutes to be fair, it should be based solely on the sincerity of the relationship between the two people rather than their ages.

That said, if we're talking about 18 and 15, regardless of relationship, that should really fall within the haven of the RJ statutes' protection imho. 3-year difference -_-.

Posted 1/11/16


You are contradicting yourself here.
You say this.

defend sleeping with minors

And now you say this.

I think for RJ statutes to be fair, it should be based solely on the sincerity of the relationship between the two people rather than their ages.


Are you against people of difference ages having sex or not?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.