First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Internet Sin Sure Ship
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16
So, and I'm honestly having (not) shocking flashbacks to a forum I got banned from eons ago, a hereby anonymous mod just told me to ̶g̶o̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ censor my own posts in regard to a hereby anonymous user. The user has consistently shit-posted my posts, called me names, threatened me, sent me hateful PM's, thrown hissy-fits, told me my argument was worthless without any valid refutation what-so-ever, etc. fucking etc., and the only response that I've ever given her was either an ignore or a logical refutation. So, instead of repeating the same mistake on the past forum, I'm going to go for making a thread and seeing other thoughts, unless the powers that be have a say otherwise and close it.

Yes, I'm not exactly the most politically correct brah out there, but I've shown this user a hell of a lot more respect than she has shown me. So, out of no where because this user whined to a Mod, I have been told by this almighty Mod that reigned downeth from thine heavens, to censor my posts, because clearly I'm the one who is in the wrong. Now, to be fair, the mod sent the letter to the both of us (as far as I can tell from the wording), meaning that the accuser has been "reprimanded" as well. But, I don't understand why I'm receiving the same treatment as someone who shows a hell of a lot less respect than even I do. Unfortunately, I can't share a link or screenshot to the conversation since it was taken down and I would be going against the mod's judgement to share my screenshots, so this is going to lack a lot of context.

Basically, the rundown of it all is:

Someone is whining on the forums, shit-posting someone who coincidentally shared the same opinion as me, therefore she (the accuser) basically was calling me out too.

It was a forum I had not made a relevant post in beforehand so I technically jumped into the conversation. I was not disrespectful at fucking all. As a matter of fact, you could say I barely said anything more than a refutation in a majority of the posts at all.

The person constantly replies, calling me names and other bullshit which I did not reciprocate.

I simply refuted the fallacious arguments that said person continued to make.

The person reports my threads in the name of harassment, or persecution. (Oh, the fucking irony.)

The mod comes and deletes the entire conversation and sends me this message.


And that fucking says it all.

I don't even know what the fuck to say. The mod just told me to censor myself. I am literally not allowed to respond to this person at all. No matter how stupid the shit coming out of his mouth. No matter if it's attacking me or a subject that I like or a group that I like or identify as being in. Nothing. All so this user can stay in his virtual safe space.

Yah, I'm just going to end this here since I have a feeling this will end up being locked.

But as a last little tidbit, I want to say to the Mod that while I really don't think that you meant to specifically put me in any sort of little box (which is what you basically did), this is a little fucking unfair, even you must admit that. You saw the conversation, you know that while I wasn't trying to comfort and stroke this person's ego that that person was being a hell of a lot less agreeable and more inflammatory than I was. But, I'll respect your decision and at least try not to respond to this person. I know you're more so trying to just protect a friendly environment, but I think that this is complete and utter nonsense. And the only reason I created this thread was since you didn't answer my response to your threat, so I wanted to hear other forumer's thoughts on it. Idk. It's blown over, I'm not as pissed about it anymore, but I already typed this much so hey let's get 'er rollin'.

But you know, hey, I might ultimately end up just getting banned for questioning the almighty powers that be. This thread might get Thor's Hammer. Idk. I tried not to be too much of an ass, but I can't just act like I'm not pissed off.
10589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 1/11/16
mods in certain forums can sometimes be a bit too harsh, and sometimes not even bother looking at the context.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 1/11/16
The general discussion forum is not the place for this.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

The general discussion forum is not the place for this.

Tell me what forum I should post in for censorship then.

Edit: This isn't an inflammatory thread, nor was it made for the purposes of drama. I kept all other parties involved nameless and the only person you know for sure is me.

It's either, I agree or I disagree.
10589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 1/11/16
regardless of where he posts, it'd probably end up being locked anyways.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 1/11/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

The general discussion forum is not the place for this.

Tell me what forum I should post in for censorship then.


I think feedback would do more for you.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumcategory-391026/suggestions-feedback
10589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16
why would he post on a subforum meant for suggesting improvements for Crunchyroll forum / services?
from his post, it seems like he had trouble with a different forum.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/11/16
I've said it before and I'll say it again, an ignore button would solve a lot of problems.


and fresh mod blood too, they shouldn't have lifetime appointments.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

why would he post on a subforum meant for suggesting improvements for Crunchyroll forum / services?
from his post, it seems like he had trouble with a different forum.


I only read small pieces of the post because of lack of interest.
The forum he was having trouble with should have it's own feed back or customer support if it's sustainable.
Dutch Moderator
30801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16
As the mod in question, I'll just say this.

The conversation you were having with the person in question, whom shall stay anonymous, was far from on-topic and even further from mature. On both sides. I arrived to one and a half page of off-topic bickering with no indication that either side was going to stop any time soon.
"They started it" isn't going to work in this situation, the thing you should have done here was report their first attack and let us handle it from there.
So yes, I deleted the whole thing and sent you both a warning to cut it out.

27147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/16
Thats cool
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Floridamned
Offline
Posted 1/11/16
Yeah, this is hard to judge without seeing more context. However...

If this is a first "offense" I can agree with telling them what isn't acceptable and to move on and possibly report the other if it crosses this line, and can appreciate that ultimately this was a warning and no one got banned. This ignore the other person's presence idea, doesn't appear to be a rule as much as a suggestion how to not get goaded into another "offense". A hard rule for two specific individuals (a forum restraining order that punishes both) sounds like a needlessly convoluted way to try to absolve their judgement.

I would suggest keeping any post interactions strictly rational(not emotional), and ignore/report this person at best discretion. Even if I'm wrong on that I believe you should be able to discuss the same ideas and just avoid quoting or calling out said persons specific "contributions".

The general discussion forum is not the place for this.

Well it hasn't been locked or moved while seeing direct mod presence. I believe OP's intentions were to ask for opinions on forum management, and advice on where he should go from here since he wasn't getting much feedback from the mod. I tried to frame my post accordingly.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/11/16 , edited 1/11/16
I like how someone reported the OP after a mod clearly doesn't have an issue with the thread... lol.


VZ68 wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, an ignore button would solve a lot of problems.


That can be done already for PMs. Or... if you use the Chrome Browser a CR user here has coded an extension to do just this.

Of course, a person shouldn't have to resort to using a certain browser to do that. So I get that. Then again, I'm of the mindset that people in general should grow thicker skin or simply ignore shit.

I guess it works differently for everyone. I'd live either way.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.