WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What religions do you find most interesting apart from your own?
15989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 6/2/16

CKD-Anime wrote:
atheist
if such a thing was a religion.

qwueri 
19675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/16 , edited 6/2/16
The Shinto and Buddhist views on reincarnation are pretty interesting. As are Jewish holidays.


Freddy96NO wrote:


CKD-Anime wrote:
atheist
if such a thing was a religion.



In the loosest sense, it's a philisophic stance on religious beliefs, causing it to bleed into the category. Not unilaterally organized or with ceremonies, but it "none" still has it's place as a religious category.
15989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 6/2/16

qwueri wrote:
In the loosest sense, it's a philisophic stance on religious beliefs, causing it to bleed into the category. Not unilaterally organized or with ceremonies, but it "none" still has it's place as a religious category.
wut?...
But I guess for some it would be the "middle ground"/don't be a part of anything, and for many others its not...mostly means they got nothing to do with religion or such beliefs?..
Again though you said it was in the looest sense, for some it might.
While it means what it means?...
32966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 6/2/16
Church of the FSM, because as far as I know it's the only religion on the planet to practice bad faith.

How does one take something that one already knows and also intends to be a mocking caricature (that's the important fact- caricature in intent) and make that an object of worship? A "normal" faith is given to something that is understood to be in de facto existence and not du jure
2656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/2/16
I'm an atheist and I find most religions interesting - though purely on an academic level. If I had to pick... Buddhism? My dads wife is Buddhist. We've had some interesting conversations about it.

1831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/16
I am not hugely religious, I am however, very interested in ancient theology. Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse, etc. They all have interesting belief structures of a deity to rule over each aspect of life, with many stories surrounding each deity.
17775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 6/3/16
I find Shinto and Buddhist theology/mythology fascinating.

I also find Scientology fascinating, but in a 'OMG shit how the hell can they get away with this?' sort of way. Not in a good way at all.
Posted 6/3/16 , edited 6/3/16
I'm a Buddhist and I find Shintoism to be very interesting. Both of them are.
40248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 6/3/16
Happy Science Religion... and Spider-Manism
runec 
34895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/3/16

Nogara-san wrote:
I also find Scientology fascinating, but in a 'OMG shit how the hell can they get away with this?' sort of way. Not in a good way at all.


Its pretty easy actually, you just have to throw your wallet at them before you start running.
17775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 6/3/16

runec wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:
I also find Scientology fascinating, but in a 'OMG shit how the hell can they get away with this?' sort of way. Not in a good way at all.


Its pretty easy actually, you just have to throw your wallet at them before you start running.


I have an uncle into Scientology and I've been reading a lot of books like Going Clear.

L Ron Hubbard might be the greatest goddamn troll of all time.
14505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/5/16
Zoroastrianism., Buddhism and Islam.
10511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/6/16
None.
Posted 6/6/16
None.
249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 6/6/16
I find Buddhism and Shintoism very interesting and to some degree i do belive in reincarnation.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.