Post Reply Ads question
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/16 , edited 1/12/16
Hi, I'm probably going to be continuing my free trial into a subscription, but was wondering on something. Could I re-enable the ads?

I know this may sound silly, but I actually like your ads, and they usually fit very well for where the intended placement of ads normally would have been in the program, and they don't repeat the same advertisement over and over again :). Not only this, but I feel watching ads in my show helps me pace my anime watching, and allows me to do other things while the commercials run.

Lastly, I like your crunchyroll ads, as they give me insight into the new anime that are out, and what I could watch on the site.

So here is my question, Could you add a feature that premium members can toggle on/off the adds?
3326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/12/16
Uhm, don't get premium then? > Problem solved
Posted 1/12/16
wow i hate ads
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/16
unfortunately combo, to watch simulcasts, one needs premium
3426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 1/12/16
Maybe you can sign out from your account?
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 1/12/16

HughJack wrote:

That's hot


What is this? I keep seeing this all over here. Is it some meme bs like when people spam "Kappa" on Twitch?

As for wanting to see ads maybe don't go premiem then? you can buy the figures in the shop if you still "need" to give crunchyroll money.
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Nightosphere
Offline
Posted 1/12/16
If you have a thing for advertisements, go look at one of them clickbait websites while you watch anime.
1353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 1/12/16

Em0SceneStabr wrote:

What is this? I keep seeing this all over here. Is it some meme bs like when people spam "Kappa" on Twitch?


It's not a meme (yet) but a game where the first person posts the comment on a new topic. You can type whatever you want even if it has nothing to do with the topic.
41693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/12/16
Someone actually likes ads?
Dragon
58357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 1/13/16

HughJack wrote:


Em0SceneStabr wrote:

What is this? I keep seeing this all over here. Is it some meme bs like when people spam "Kappa" on Twitch?


It's not a meme (yet) but a game where the first person posts the comment on a new topic. You can type whatever you want even if it has nothing to do with the topic.


It's not a meme, and it's turning into spam. We're getting complaints, so I'd ask that you please stop this sort of thing.

For the ads - if you want to see them, you can also log out of your account, though you wouldn't get the other premium benefits, of course.
Posted 1/13/16
Some of their ads are quite funny. Like that ad featuring Nigri and the free crate. Damn, that was just terrible, but funny terrible. I know what you mean. However, for some of us, ads really don't buffer well, which is why I switched to premium to avoid them. I also think people would get annoyed if they have to toggle them.
One Punch Mod
85914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/13/16

iamatiger1 wrote:

Hi, I'm probably going to be continuing my free trial into a subscription, but was wondering on something. Could I re-enable the ads?

I know this may sound silly, but I actually like your ads, and they usually fit very well for where the intended placement of ads normally would have been in the program, and they don't repeat the same advertisement over and over again :). Not only this, but I feel watching ads in my show helps me pace my anime watching, and allows me to do other things while the commercials run.

Lastly, I like your crunchyroll ads, as they give me insight into the new anime that are out, and what I could watch on the site.

So here is my question, Could you add a feature that premium members can toggle on/off the adds?


I honestly can't tell if you're serious, since almost everything you say is an exact opposite of what I more commonly read in complaints about Crunchyroll ads, but I've gone ahead and moved this to Site Support / Minor Questions.
You must be logged in to post.