First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply What makes a good character for a story?
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Nightosphere
Offline
Posted 1/13/16

hemicuda2 wrote:


Nyanotic wrote:

Make them relatable. Also, make them catgirls.


lol you couldn't be more true, cat girls are the best


Word.


3060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/16

qualeshia3 wrote:




Alright and thank you! Still not making them into catgirls.


catboys?
3060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/16

Nyanotic wrote:


hemicuda2 wrote:


Nyanotic wrote:

Make them relatable. Also, make them catgirls.


lol you couldn't be more true, cat girls are the best


Word.




i need to know what anime that is.
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Nightosphere
Offline
Posted 1/13/16 , edited 1/13/16

Trewill91 wrote:


Nyanotic wrote:


hemicuda2 wrote:


Nyanotic wrote:

Make them relatable. Also, make them catgirls.


lol you couldn't be more true, cat girls are the best


Word.




i need to know what anime that is.


Yozakura Quartet.

You're welcome.


(Google image search is your friend)
42530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/13/16


Nope.
3289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 1/13/16
Don't make them really serious. Either give them a good sense of humor or make them quirky.
6663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/16
Make them relatable so the audience will sympathize with them but with room to grow so there can be a story worth telling.
42530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/13/16

FruitPunchSamurai987 wrote:

Don't make them really serious. Either give them a good sense of humor or make them quirky.


Cool.
42530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/13/16

Ravenstein wrote:

Make them relatable so the audience will sympathize with them but with room to grow so there can be a story worth telling.


I like your username. May I borrow it?
6663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/16

qualeshia3I like your username. May I borrow it?


'Tis an old and storied name from the days of yore when City of Heroes still frolicked and danced.

But sure. As long as the name is treated with the respect and dignity it deserves.
20198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Unova Region
Offline
Posted 1/13/16
Isn't perfect, actually loses to opponents (I'm talking to you Fairy Tail), experiences hardship and despair, obviously character progression, many many other things.

I personally hate those characters that never crack a smile or have a straight emotionless face all the time, extremely boring to look at the line of their mouth for ~20 minutes. I like characters with many expressed emotions. Enthusiasm, sadness, embarrassment, etc.
42530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/13/16

Ravenstein wrote:


qualeshia3I like your username. May I borrow it?


'Tis an old and storied name from the days of yore when City of Heroes still frolicked and danced.

But sure. As long as the name is treated with the respect and dignity it deserves.


Thanks. I'll give it to a member of royalty in my story.
Posted 1/13/16
Since I'm always sad or unhappy, I really like characters that are the opposite of me. The ones that are happy, positive, cheery, energetic.
42530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 1/13/16

stars201 wrote:

Since I'm always sad or unhappy, I really like characters that are the opposite of me. The ones that are happy, positive, cheery, energetic.


11491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Nevada
Online
Posted 1/13/16
I would say goals, motivation, and values are a good place to start when making a character. But what goals, values, and motivations make a good character is up to you. I would also imagination that it would depend on the type of story that your writing.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.