First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
What are your religious beliefs?
Posted 1/14/16
People all over the globe seem to have many different belief systems. It is a very sensitive topic to many. However for me I always viewed religon as a means of taking control. My own personal belief is nonreligious. I am not atheist but I chose to not be apart of a religion. With that being said I disagree and agree with various teachings in different religions.

Feel free to share your thoughts and beliefs. But please keep in mind that not everyone is going to have the same opinions as you. You can ask someone maturely why they believe in something. But please do not outright insult someone just because they believe something different from you.
Posted 1/14/16 , edited 1/16/16
I honestly don't know. I'm not entirely sure I believe in god, but I'm not entirely sure I'm an atheist either. I know I could qualify as an agnostic atheist, but I don't want to label myself.
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/14/16
I follow my own religious beliefs based upon the universe that god created and the rules of evolution he set forth.


PastelUniverse wrote:

I honestly don't know. I'm not entirely sure I believe in god, but I'm not entirely sure I'm an atheist either. I know I could qualify as an agnostic atheist, but I don't want to label myself.


Agnostics are unsure if god exists or doesn't exist. Typically they believe they will find out when they die. They aren't Atheists.
Posted 1/14/16
That religion was most likely invented by humans to consolidate power.
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/14/16

FreshRhymesSuperflyMoney wrote:

That religion was most likely invented by humans to consolidate power.


It was used to consolidate power many times in history. Though its questionable if it was invented for that sole purpose since most religions don't actually give power to anyone but their gods.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/16
I'm Christian, so I believe in good.

Actually got into an argument today with someone who said they were Atheists, but was blaming god for the bad things in the world.

He didn't seem to get the irony of him saying that...
2370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 1/14/16 , edited 1/14/16
I dunno, man. There's parts of some religions I can agree with, and other parts that I can't. I don't feel right or in good conscience about only half-assedly following something so many others put their heart and soul into believing. I've never felt comfortable about that.

EDIT: For the record, I was raised very loosely christian.


Rujikin wrote:

Agnostics are unsure if god exists or doesn't exist. Typically they believe they will find out when they die. They aren't Atheists.


I'm not even convinced of that happening. Or am even all that caring in my life currently.

I'm just here to see what I can do with the life I've got.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 1/14/16 , edited 1/14/16

Rujikin wrote: Though its questionable if it was invented for that sole purpose since most religions don't actually give power to anyone but their gods.
well thats why they wanted bigger things and sometimes created really good buildings with details, art, etc.

and some people like some of the big ones that used it for question things, or a reason to question things and progress in techical areas.





much skyrim would make that old wibe? XP

damn it skyrim!
Posted 1/14/16
I'm a Buddhist (Theravada)

So, I do believe in there's a God
However, I'm not a religious at all
The last time I went to a Buddhist temple was around 4-5 years ago
6746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/16
what do i believe in?
myself; that's all i ever need.
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/14/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


Rujikin wrote: Though its questionable if it was invented for that sole purpose since most religions don't actually give power to anyone but their gods.
well thats why they wanted bigger things and sometimes created really good buildings with details, art, etc.

and some people like some of the big ones that used it for question things, or a reason to question things and progress in techical areas.





much skyrim would make that old wibe? XP

damn it skyrim!


Many times those large churches were built as a show of wealth and power of their ruler. However they didn't spring up soon as the religion started.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 1/14/16 , edited 1/14/16

Lifthrasir wrote: what do i believe in?
myself; that's all i ever need.
good, now we can belive in eachother XP
oh wait they cheated on you.. damn humans, I will make love to god agian!

Rujikin wrote:
Many times those large churches were built as a show of wealth and power of their ruler. However they didn't spring up soon as the religion started.
I know, since there could be so much bad from corruption, cults, and those treating children wrongly.

but I think we should focus all on the bad things like war comes peace, with peace comes war. XO


48419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 1/14/16
I'm Catholic in communion with the Pope of Rome.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/14/16
I've read the Bible and the Quran in their entirety and brushed a bit on Buddhism. There's plenty to take from those books. Personally speaking, I believe in God (mentioned in the former 2). Now to say I agree with or believe everything written in those books is a different story...
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/14/16
I have my own personal belief system. I believe in all gods/god like beings to a point.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.