First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Florida man tells city council he opposes LGBT protections because he molested boys until he found God
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/15/16 , edited 1/15/16

Rujikin wrote:

Cool story bro. What are you arguing about?


The quoted segment stood out on its own before the post was repaired, so I was responding to what I thought was your own query as to how child sex abuse and homosexuality could be related. This whole thing is the result of a system error.
Posted 1/15/16 , edited 1/15/16


God, you are still fighting over this? Listing dude you spends hours before replying back. You know you look back a the other replies between me and other people. Now you are stuck on the past.
I already told you. His reasoning does not excuse his actions. What are you even arguing here for? That to him being gay mean people will rape little boys? Doesn't matter. He still wrong and his logic is still wrong. Even his argument has no validity. Those are feelings no facts. Nice try with the name calling thou.
41649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/15/16

I weep for humanity…
16757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/15/16

KarenAraragi wrote:



God, you are still fighting over this? Listing dude you spends hours before replying back. You know you look back a the other replies between me and other people. Now you are stuck on the past.
I already told you. His reasoning does not excuse his actions. What are you even arguing here for? That to him being gay mean people will rape little boys? Doesn't matter. He still wrong and his logic is still wrong. Even his argument has no validity. Those are feelings no facts. Nice try with the name calling thou.


This aint 4chan I don't have to reply within seconds. I'm trying to get you to read and understand what people say to you. I'm now arguing that you need to read what is said to you because you obviously don't read everything. Its like talking to someone that only skims what is said.

You asked a question.... I answered said question. You then accuse me of supporting the guy.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/15/16
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/15/16
The man drew an inaccurate association between homosexuality and child sex abuse, so his argument is invalid and shouldn't be considered by the city council with regard to the protections at issue. In the process of offering this invalid argument he also confessed to multiple felonies without statutes of limitations, making him an idiot.

That's really about all there is to the story. It's not worth a tussle.
Posted 1/15/16

Rujikin wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:



God, you are still fighting over this? Listing dude you spends hours before replying back. You know you look back a the other replies between me and other people. Now you are stuck on the past.
I already told you. His reasoning does not excuse his actions. What are you even arguing here for? That to him being gay mean people will rape little boys? Doesn't matter. He still wrong and his logic is still wrong. Even his argument has no validity. Those are feelings no facts. Nice try with the name calling thou.


This aint 4chan I don't have to reply within seconds. I'm trying to get you to read and understand what people say to you. I'm now arguing that you need to read what is said to you because you obviously don't read everything. Its like talking to someone that only skims what is said.

You asked a question.... I answered said question. You then accuse me of supporting the guy.


Nah those are excuses. No, you are the only one that for some reason is hellbent in being right. Everybody else understood what I meant after asking me. No, I did no ask that question. You assume I meant that. No, I did no accuse you of supporting the guy. I ask what are you arguing for or such things. I never outright say you are in favor of his views.
I am Referring to his generalization. You assume I meant the person himself. I did not.

I don't get what being gay has to do with you wanting to get it on with little kids.

The Same thing has before. Has nothing to do with himself. My question was addressed to his generalization. No the man himself.

If he molested boys then he was a gay child molester. Whats there to understand

Well bad for him. I didn't know that. Why do you keep repeating it? Thanks captain obvious. That only explain his logic and reasoning. Which I made very clear isn't a valid one. It may serve has a justification to him but is no valid one for others. Sad what happen to him but no an excuse to excuse his actions.

He said he got molested as a child by some gay guy. How does he know a random stranger was gay? Because that guy molested a boy which would make the child molester gay. For him being gay and being a child molester was one in the same.

Which I say I do understand that. I want him to get help but does not excuse his action, nor does not bring validity to his argument.
Just because I understand his logic and reasoning, doesn't mean I have to recognize them as a valid one.

For him being gay means molesting children because of a traumatic experience. Doesn't mean all gays are child molesters but for him, a single gay molester turned him into a gay molester. He is thinking that if it can happen to him than it can happen to others and he apparently wants it to stop.

You really need to look at stuff from differing perspectives so you can truly understand why people do what they do.


Him being gay has never been the problem here. Only his generalization. Which is and always been what I argue against. Why do you keep insisting on the gay thing is beyond me.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/15/16

akumalevel4 wrote:

Even if this guy found God he doesn't deserve to be applauded for anything, since he still molested a bunch of kids without punishment. That's like finding out someone was a serial killer briefly but was never caught. Though you never know with some folks he could just be willing to drag his name through the mud to hurt the "Gay Community".


^
Posted 1/15/16
Florida has no chill
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/15/16

ayesharocks wrote:


akumalevel4 wrote:

Even if this guy found God he doesn't deserve to be applauded for anything, since he still molested a bunch of kids without punishment. That's like finding out someone was a serial killer briefly but was never caught. Though you never know with some folks he could just be willing to drag his name through the mud to hurt the "Gay Community".


^


It's an interesting hypothesis, and one that may not be divorced from reality. I've even heard of politicians who will run stories smearing their own reputations for the sake of drawing attention away from things they'd actually done that they could get in trouble for, so people will self-accuse falsely. I stand by my assertion that this man was an idiot for declaring to a city council that he had committed child sex abuse whether it's true or false (though if it's true we're also quite fortunate that he's an idiot), but the possibility that he's full of it does exist.
16757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/15/16

Why do you keep insisting about excusing his actions and focusing on his arguments validity. I really don't care about that because I am not arguing for or against.


I am Referring to his generalization. You assume I meant the person himself. I did not.

I don't get what being gay has to do with you wanting to get it on with little kids.

The Same thing has before. Has nothing to do with himself. My question was addressed to his generalization. No the man himself.

That generalization doesn't have much context if you remove the man from it. If you include his personal experiences then it has context.

His generalization is based on his personal experience with being a gay child molester. Like most humans he associates his personal experiences with how he perceives others. Since one gay guy molested him and it warped him into a gay child molester he associates gays with being child molesters. Because his personal experience was being raped by some gay guy he believes gay guys rape children.

If anyone was raped by a gay guy as a child they are going to be against gays because their personal experience with gays is that they rape children. Other people may have that same belief for various reasons so they view gays as child molesters. Perhaps they knew someone that was raped by a gay guy and now they hold that belief.

Is that general enough?
Posted 1/15/16 , edited 1/15/16

Rujikin wrote:


Why do you keep insisting about excusing his actions and focusing on his arguments validity. I really don't care about that because I am not arguing for or against.


I am Referring to his generalization. You assume I meant the person himself. I did not.

I don't get what being gay has to do with you wanting to get it on with little kids.

The Same thing has before. Has nothing to do with himself. My question was addressed to his generalization. No the man himself.

That generalization doesn't have much context if you remove the man from it. If you include his personal experiences then it has context.

His generalization is based on his personal experience with being a gay child molester. Like most humans he associates his personal experiences with how he perceives others. Since one gay guy molested him and it warped him into a gay child molester he associates gays with being child molesters. Because his personal experience was being raped by some gay guy he believes gay guys rape children.

If anyone was raped by a gay guy as a child they are going to be against gays because their personal experience with gays is that they rape children. Other people may have that same belief for various reasons so they view gays as child molesters. Perhaps they knew someone that was raped by a gay guy and now they hold that belief.

Is that general enough?


I know that. I understand his logic. But does no validated his views or make them true. Just because a girl rape the shit out me, doesn't mean every straight girl will rape me. Just because he feel that way, does not make it true. That is my problem with his views. Because it wrong and has no merit. Is just feelings but his feelings are no true. How he feels and what reality is another thing.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/15/16
Let's tackle this, shall we.


“I entered into a life of homosexuality and did the same thing, because that’s what I thought life was all about,” Bay said into the mic. “Going into bathrooms in places and businesses and sexually assaulting kids.”

He then said that “in 1985 I found out that was not acceptable.” At that time, he said, “I became a born-again child of God and God set me free from that lifestyle.”

At that point, some members of the audience applauded and said, “amen.”
Okay. -sigh- so let's first point out the real problem here. People are SUPPORTING this guy, completely looking in the other direction because he made a plea to gAhd.
I don't know about you; I don't know about your beliefs; I don't care about your beliefs. I really. really don't. Okay?

When we, as a society, can look at the calendar and say "YAH, MAN; ITS 2016. REPRESENT", but realize that we are fucking dumber than those morons who couldn't couldn't know any better back in like the fucking stone ages.... ASDFLJHASDLKJ FUCK man. Okay, okay. I'll digress here. I'm not here to flame. Although this is a great fucking shame.

The point is: if the man had said he found fucking allah and was suddenly transformed into this man of great morals, do you really think the reaction would be in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM the same?

tl;dr


Alright lol. That's the main problem.

Rujikin wrote:

That generalization doesn't have much context if you remove the man from it. If you include his personal experiences then it has context.

His generalization is based on his personal experience with being a gay child molester. Like most humans he associates his personal experiences with how he perceives others. Since one gay guy molested him and it warped him into a gay child molester he associates gays with being child molesters. Because his personal experience was being raped by some gay guy he believes gay guys rape children.

If anyone was raped by a gay guy as a child they are going to be against gays because their personal experience with gays is that they rape children. Other people may have that same belief for various reasons so they view gays as child molesters. Perhaps they knew someone that was raped by a gay guy and now they hold that belief.

Is that general enough?

So, the problem at hand here is that you're generalizing a group off of the actions of one man. You did say, and other's have quoted you on this. Okay? Admit you were wrong, OR clarify that it was a misunderstanding and explain your reasoning WITHOUT continuing to generalize a group of people because one guy said he fucked little boys because he was gay. I mean, I'm not going to argue with you over it, but either ignore people or clarify. You say you didn't mean to call gay people child molesters, so just say it fucking outright and let it be done with.


Oh. And that reminds me of another problem that has been overlooked.

The man is 56 fucking years old; you're telling me he really, really thought that what he was doing is normal? Really? He's never seen another gay couple in his life?

No, he's trying to abuse a fucking system and keep his ass from getting killed in a prison. Sorry, but you're bs if you really think the man should get a free pass because he has a problem. He knew full well that sexually assaulting kids is against the law. I say he goes to fucking jail, and he can go to protective custody if he is that afraid.


Sorry that I'm jumping into this late. I ain't trying to offend anyone, so you get offended and reply it will be ignored; no time today.
16757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/15/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Why do you keep insisting about excusing his actions and focusing on his arguments validity. I really don't care about that because I am not arguing for or against.


I am Referring to his generalization. You assume I meant the person himself. I did not.

I don't get what being gay has to do with you wanting to get it on with little kids.

The Same thing has before. Has nothing to do with himself. My question was addressed to his generalization. No the man himself.

That generalization doesn't have much context if you remove the man from it. If you include his personal experiences then it has context.

His generalization is based on his personal experience with being a gay child molester. Like most humans he associates his personal experiences with how he perceives others. Since one gay guy molested him and it warped him into a gay child molester he associates gays with being child molesters. Because his personal experience was being raped by some gay guy he believes gay guys rape children.

If anyone was raped by a gay guy as a child they are going to be against gays because their personal experience with gays is that they rape children. Other people may have that same belief for various reasons so they view gays as child molesters. Perhaps they knew someone that was raped by a gay guy and now they hold that belief.

Is that general enough?


I know that. I understand his logic. But does no validated his views or make them true. Just because a girl rape the shit out me, doesn't mean every straight girl will rape me. Just because he feel that way, does not make it true. That is my problem with his views. Because it wrong and has no merit. Is just feelings but his feelings are no true. How he feels and what reality is another thing.

Good. That was literally what i was trying to do, show how he and others can think that "gays = child molesters". I really have no interest in if his views are valid or not.

"I don't get what being gay has to do with you wanting to get it on with little kids."



XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

Let's tackle this, shall we.


“I entered into a life of homosexuality and did the same thing, because that’s what I thought life was all about,” Bay said into the mic. “Going into bathrooms in places and businesses and sexually assaulting kids.”

He then said that “in 1985 I found out that was not acceptable.” At that time, he said, “I became a born-again child of God and God set me free from that lifestyle.”

At that point, some members of the audience applauded and said, “amen.”
Okay. -sigh- so let's first point out the real problem here. People are SUPPORTING this guy, completely looking in the other direction because he made a plea to gAhd.
I don't know about you; I don't know about your beliefs; I don't care about your beliefs. I really. really don't. Okay?

When we, as a society, can look at the calendar and say "YAH, MAN; ITS 2016. REPRESENT", but realize that we are fucking dumber than those morons who couldn't couldn't know any better back in like the fucking stone ages.... ASDFLJHASDLKJ FUCK man. Okay, okay. I'll digress here. I'm not here to flame. Although this is a great fucking shame.

The point is: if the man had said he found fucking allah and was suddenly transformed into this man of great morals, do you really think the reaction would be in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM the same?

tl;dr


Alright lol. That's the main problem.

Rujikin wrote:

That generalization doesn't have much context if you remove the man from it. If you include his personal experiences then it has context.

His generalization is based on his personal experience with being a gay child molester. Like most humans he associates his personal experiences with how he perceives others. Since one gay guy molested him and it warped him into a gay child molester he associates gays with being child molesters. Because his personal experience was being raped by some gay guy he believes gay guys rape children.

If anyone was raped by a gay guy as a child they are going to be against gays because their personal experience with gays is that they rape children. Other people may have that same belief for various reasons so they view gays as child molesters. Perhaps they knew someone that was raped by a gay guy and now they hold that belief.

Is that general enough?

So, the problem at hand here is that you're generalizing a group off of the actions of one man. You did say, and other's have quoted you on this. Okay? Admit you were wrong, OR clarify that it was a misunderstanding and explain your reasoning WITHOUT continuing to generalize a group of people because one guy said he fucked little boys because he was gay. I mean, I'm not going to argue with you over it, but either ignore people or clarify. You say you didn't mean to call gay people child molesters, so just say it fucking outright and let it be done with.


Oh. And that reminds me of another problem that has been overlooked.

The man is 56 fucking years old; you're telling me he really, really thought that what he was doing is normal? Really? He's never seen another gay couple in his life?

No, he's trying to abuse a fucking system and keep his ass from getting killed in a prison. Sorry, but you're bs if you really think the man should get a free pass because he has a problem. He knew full well that sexually assaulting kids is against the law. I say he goes to fucking jail, and he can go to protective custody if he is that afraid.


Sorry that I'm jumping into this late. I ain't trying to offend anyone, so you get offended and reply it will be ignored; no time today.

Uh no I am answering this: "I don't get what being gay has to do with you wanting to get it on with little kids."

I'm explaining how being gay can be associated with wanting to molest children. Trying to show you how people can think that way so you can use your brains in the future and comprehend these situations. Somehow you guys think I am arguing for or against what he did as if everything is a debate for or against something. I am merely discussing not advocating for or against.

There are NAZI that never felt they did a single thing wrong in the holocaust even if they were the head of executions. It's not that abnormal for a warped lifestyle to be normal to someone who only knows that warped lifestyle. Why do you think most criminals are repeat offenders? Because it is their lifestyle and they don't know much else. It's why education and discussion are the keys to a safe society.

You know unless someone presses charges then he cannot be arrested for admitting to a crime, no self incrimination.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 1/15/16
nambla I swear
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.