First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Bill banning child marriage fails in Pakistan after it’s deemed ‘un-Islamic’
Posted 1/17/16



You say that but you reply back.
6992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 1/17/16

ayesharocks wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:



I'm not religious and believe it. Who do you think controls the west? And every country we attack is left in shambles and the reason ISIS exists today. Islam isn't much better but we could just leave them doing their own thing instead of taking in refugees people don't want.


Yeah, the Jews control everything that's why they are constantly bashed by the media. You are a fool.

Israel does not launch hundreds of rockets into civilian populated areas.\
They do not dress up as women to blow up buses full of people.
They do not behead those who do not follow their religion.
They don't burn people alive.
They don't marry children.
They are not invited to stay in other countries and then rape the women of that country.
They don't literally stab people in the back.
They don't hide rockets in schools and hospitals.
They don't threaten to wipe other countries off the face of the earth.
They don't fly planes full of people into skyscrapers.
They don't strap explosives to children.
They don't throw gays from rooftops.
They don't use chemical weapons..........


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_and_murder_of_Mohammed_Abu_Khdeir#Israel (israeli's burning a teenager alive)
http://www.thegoldencalfspeaks.com/judaism/human-rights-in-judaism/jewish-pedophilia-and-child-marriage/ (pedophilia in the torah)
https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/israel-tops-explosive-killers-list (israel's use of explosives)

why don't you first get educated before you start to defend a country? it will help save your embarrassment later on.



Yeah every one of your sources are wiki or blogs by muslims. You are the embarrassment trying to quote that Islamic propaganda as factual news stories. The world knows who is to blame, and now they are finally reaching their limit and starting to fight back. Islam will have to alter it's stone age ways, or risk being purged from the planet.
Posted 1/17/16 , edited 1/17/16

Xxanthar wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:



I'm not religious and believe it. Who do you think controls the west? And every country we attack is left in shambles and the reason ISIS exists today. Islam isn't much better but we could just leave them doing their own thing instead of taking in refugees people don't want.


Yeah, the Jews control everything that's why they are constantly bashed by the media. You are a fool.

Israel does not launch hundreds of rockets into civilian populated areas.\
They do not dress up as women to blow up buses full of people.
They do not behead those who do not follow their religion.
They don't burn people alive.
They don't marry children.
They are not invited to stay in other countries and then rape the women of that country.
They don't literally stab people in the back.
They don't hide rockets in schools and hospitals.
They don't threaten to wipe other countries off the face of the earth.
They don't fly planes full of people into skyscrapers.
They don't strap explosives to children.
They don't throw gays from rooftops.
They don't use chemical weapons..........


Bruh that the biggest lie I ever seen.
Of course they don't. They rather use them has target practice.

They don't strap explosives to children.

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/israeli-army-uses-gaza-children-human-shields
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.530993
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/un-report-accuses-israeli-forces-of-using-palestinian-children-as-human-shields-abusing-children-in-custody/
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/11/israel-clears-military-gaza-beach-children
http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israel-concludes-deadly-gaza-beach-bombing-was-legal-894438693
http://mondoweiss.net/2015/07/country-holding-accountable
6992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 1/17/16
Here... spend a couple months reading through these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamic_terrorist_attacks
Posted 1/17/16

Xxanthar wrote:

Here... spend a couple months reading through these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamic_terrorist_attacks


Complaint about Wikipedia, uses Wikipedia. None of that matters. Israel has still done their own share of bad shit.
No matter how bad is the other side is. You are just as bad as them if you do the same things as they.
6992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 1/17/16 , edited 1/17/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

Here... spend a couple months reading through these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamic_terrorist_attacks


Complaint about Wikipedia, uses Wikipedia. None of that matters. Israel has still done their own share of bad shit.
No matter how bad is the other side is. You are just as bad as them if you do the same things as they.


You seem to enjoy wiki until it points out what kind of terrorist animals that you support. lol By the way, there are actual dead bodies to verify that list, not a bunch of hearsay like yours.
Posted 1/17/16 , edited 1/17/16

Xxanthar wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

Here... spend a couple months reading through these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamic_terrorist_attacks


Complaint about Wikipedia, uses Wikipedia. None of that matters. Israel has still done their own share of bad shit.
No matter how bad is the other side is. You are just as bad as them if you do the same things as they.


You seem to enjoy wiki until it points out what kind of terrorist animals that you support. lol

You say.

Yeah every one of your sources are wiki or blogs by muslims. You are the embarrassment trying to quote that Islamic propaganda as factual news stories. The world knows who is to blame, and now they are finally reaching their limit and starting to fight back. Islam will have to alter it's stone age ways, or risk being purged from the planet.

Then you say this because I call you out.

You seem to enjoy wiki until it points out what kind of terrorist animals that you support. lol


Also, I didn't use wiki. That the other guy.
6992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 1/17/16
That list of Islamic terror attacks has the bodies of thousands of victims to verify those wiki claims. Your links were nothing but hearsay and conjecture.

You keep supporting terrorists though, see how far that takes you through life and through your eternity in hell.

Posted 1/17/16

Xxanthar wrote:

That list of Islamic terror attacks has the bodies of thousands of victims to verify those wiki claims. Your links were nothing but hearsay and conjecture.

You keep supporting terrorists though, see how far that takes you through life and through your eternity in hell.


You seen angry, here have this.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 1/17/16

sarteck wrote:
This is really true of any religion. Religions, unlike governmental bodies, are quite static. You cannot redefine what part of the bible means, you cannot adjust the Koran to account for today's differences, etc. Law, on the other hand, is very fluid, can and does often change to meet society's standards. It's adaptable.

Anywho, I'm rambling again.
yeah, and yes rambling can be annoying really if it just goes out of boundaries XP (and long while since you have been active?)

SatoMadoka wrote: Why do people even try to defend religion?
Like there is something people don't get. There isn't anything smart about it people.
There is allways something good to find and hope/faith, but else yeah there isn't anything "smart" with it.
But in some cases it could make one smarter but also many more ignorant people that don't want to learn and only take the religion before anything else.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 1/17/16 , edited 1/17/16

runec wrote:


That doesn't alarm you? I find it rather alarming.



No, I do not in fact find it disturbing that we are in a society where only eight percent of our State jurisdictions allow that, compared to a culture where such things are viewed as a literal God-given right.




Nope, check again. 6 states can waive the minimum. In North Carolina a parent alone can even wave the minimum without judicial consent if a pregnancy is involved.






So 12% overall (and that still requires the consent of the State) and only 1 out of 50 allows non-State consent if pregnancy is involved (but to which the parents must still consent)


That really doesn't help your case in saying "both cultures do it".......






Yes, I actually identified the state in question. You are making an argument against nothing.



No, my argument is to clarify your attempts to conflate data without the necessary context so as to make certain practices appear more widely adopted or dubious than they are in reality.





Try 8. 13 if you include the ones that have a special clause allowing it to be lowered. 19 if you include the ones where it can be waived.



And how many of those eight have it at fifteen?

And of those 19, how many require parental and / consent of the State? (This omission of relevant information is kinda what I was just talking about).


While I would personally prefer those statutes revised, what we have is a case where one culture allows for those who are biologically able to reproduce to form a societal unit to care for any possible offspring as a result of that union, and where there is at least some semblance of nascent intelligence involved to allow for one to at least consider they are giving informed consent, while another culture allows for pre-pubescent children to get married.






And one of those two states has it at 15 with consent.



Which goes to show just how important consent is to our legal traditions. Which is what you seem to be overlooking. Consent of both parties, as well as consent of the parents and / or the State. And why is that so important? Because one of the two cultures involved has a a society and legal system which frowns upon child marriage.




You might have a point if I had been arguing cultural relativism in any way shape or form. I was, in fact, doing quite the opposite. My initial comment was that culture does not equal religion. So being a dipshit and trotting this out with a "pedophile prophet" comment as the op did is idiotic.

Child marriage is no more an Islamic religious imperative than female genital mutilation is a Christian religious imperative.

Its cultural.







Cultural relativism is the basis for your entire argument.



You claim that the West cannot acknowledge its superiority to barbarism, especially that of Islamic cultures, because some uninformed belief about the nature of our laws and our Judeo-Christian heritage.


Which is why I debunked that nonsense.


Also, you seem rather agitated. You aren't the one who reported the thread, perchance?




Reneker54 wrote:

Religion is a scary and dangerous disgusting abomination and blight upon the world. I can't wait till we as a species are evolved enough to free ourselves from the indoctrination of all religion.


Sorry if you found this offensive.

IMAGINE









NO RELIGION





Fixed that for ya.
runec 
28294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/17/16 , edited 1/17/16

maxgale wrote:
That really doesn't help your case in saying "both cultures do it".......


Except that wasn't my case. Anti-freeze put forward that in the US the minimum was 16 with parental consent. I was replying to that.




maxgale wrote:No, my argument is to clarify your attempts to conflate data without the necessary context so as to make certain practices appear more widely adopted or dubious than they are in reality.


I did no such thing. Obviously, there aren't people lining up to ask an American judge for a child bride. Cept maybe a few small clusters of Mormons. -.-





maxgale wrote:
And of those 19, how many require parental and / consent of the State? (This omission of relevant information is kinda what I was just talking about).


I made no such omission, what do you think "waived" means?




maxgale wrote:
While I would personally prefer those statutes revised, what we have is a case where one culture allows for those who are biologically able to reproduce to form a societal unit to care for any possible offspring as a result of that union, and where there is at least some semblance of nascent intelligence involved to allow for one to at least consider they are giving informed consent, while another culture allows for pre-pubescent children to get married.


Actually, no, it doesn't. Not that what the fuckwits are after is a hell of a lot better mind you. But the basis of their insane argument is the onset of puberty. Regardless of what age it occurs.





maxgale wrote:
Which goes to show just how important consent is to our legal traditions. Which is what you seem to be overlooking.


Cept I didn't and I'm not.




maxgale wrote:
Cultural relativism is the basis for your entire argument.


You've demonstrated you don't even know what my argument was to begin with so -.-



maxgale wrote:
You claim that the West cannot acknowledge its superiority to barbarism, especially that of Islamic cultures, because some uninformed belief about the nature of our laws and our Judeo-Christian heritage.


I made absolutely no such claim and honestly thats almost insulting. If you're just going to make shit up to argue against do it on your own time. Don't waste everyone else's.



maxgale wrote:
Also, you seem rather agitated. You aren't the one who reported the thread, perchance?


No, I'm not sure why someone would either. We haven't even begun to go off the rails yet. Wait till the Israel / Palestine thing gets rolling. ;p
25145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 1/17/16
Where is feminism when these litle girls need them? Oh wait, I know their too busy bitching about first world problems instead of issues that really matter.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 1/17/16

runec wrote:


maxgale wrote:
That really doesn't help your case in saying "both cultures do it".......


Except that wasn't my case. Anti-freeze put forward that in the US the minimum was 16 with parental consent. I was replying to that.




maxgale wrote:No, my argument is to clarify your attempts to conflate data without the necessary context so as to make certain practices appear more widely adopted or dubious than they are in reality.


I did no such thing. Obviously, there aren't people lining up to ask an American judge for a child bride. Cept maybe a few small clusters of Mormons. -.-





maxgale wrote:
And of those 19, how many require parental and / consent of the State? (This omission of relevant information is kinda what I was just talking about).


I made no such omission, what do you think "waived" means?




maxgale wrote:
While I would personally prefer those statutes revised, what we have is a case where one culture allows for those who are biologically able to reproduce to form a societal unit to care for any possible offspring as a result of that union, and where there is at least some semblance of nascent intelligence involved to allow for one to at least consider they are giving informed consent, while another culture allows for pre-pubescent children to get married.


Actually, no, it doesn't. Not that what the fuckwits are after is a hell of a lot better mind you. But the basis of their insane argument is the onset of puberty. Regardless of what age it occurs.





maxgale wrote:
Which goes to show just how important consent is to our legal traditions. Which is what you seem to be overlooking.


Cept I didn't and I'm not.




maxgale wrote:
Cultural relativism is the basis for your entire argument.


You've demonstrated you don't even know what my argument was to begin with so -.-



maxgale wrote:
You claim that the West cannot acknowledge its superiority to barbarism, especially that of Islamic cultures, because some uninformed belief about the nature of our laws and our Judeo-Christian heritage.


I made absolutely no such claim and honestly thats almost insulting. If you're just going to make shit up to argue against do it on your own time. Don't waste everyone else's.



maxgale wrote:
Also, you seem rather agitated. You aren't the one who reported the thread, perchance?


No, I'm not sure why someone would either. We haven't even begun to go off the rails yet. Wait till the Israel / Palestine thing gets rolling. ;p




Literally all you said was "No U."



I mean, come on, you didn't have a strong argument to begin with, but you can do better than that.
27498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 1/17/16

KarenAraragi wrote:




You say that but you reply back.


So? Means nothing.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.