First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Swedish police banned from describing criminals if they sound racist
21649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/16/16 , edited 1/16/16
Welcome to the world of Political Correctness and radical liberals.

"There was a homosapien about 5'9" was above average weight and was wearing a blue shirt with black pants that mugged me"


Swedish police will no longer be able to give descriptions of alleged criminals for fear of being seen as racist.

According to an internal letter, police in capital city Stockholm are instructed to refrain from describing suspects' race and nationality, according to news website Speisa.

The crimes “involve everything from lighter traffic accidents to serious crimes like muggings, beatings and murder,” the paper reported.

The letter specifies that, for everyday crimes such as burglary, basic information such as ethnicity, nationality, skin colour and height should not be given.

.....
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-to-give-descriptions-of-alleged-criminals-so-as-not-to-sound-racist-a6810311.html


Werina 
242887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
jabberwock island
Offline
Posted 1/16/16
Sweden is taking over GD
14900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/16/16 , edited 1/17/16
I can't wait until they start posting police sketches of these people which are just stick figures...
Posted 1/16/16
Wtf
21649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/16/16

sundin13 wrote:

I can't wait until they start posting police sketches of these people which are just stick figures...


I'm not sure that will fly. What happens if they are describing an amputee, sounds like that could be considered insensitive.
8476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 1/16/16
... I've not seen any stories about the UK being fucked up in a while im thankful for that
17797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 1/16/16

sundin13 wrote:

I can't wait until they start posting police sketches of these people which are just stick figures...


Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpUb8TS4bHM
5351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/16/16

The crimes “involve everything from lighter traffic accidents to serious crimes like muggings, beatings and murder,” the paper reported.


Yeah, lets be scared of being racist when there's people being murdered and beaten. That's fucking stupid.
40250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 1/16/16

ILuvCats11 wrote:

... I've not seen any stories about the UK being fucked up in a while im thankful for that


http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/you-wont-able-eat-popcorn-7179205
13878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 1/16/16 , edited 1/16/16
Honestly what's so racist about calling a person white, black, brown ,etc... Most stupid thing ever is when you say [Color] person and they easily get offended for no reason at all. I don't give a fuck when someone calls me Asian because ethnically I am an Asian. So why would a person be offended for being called literally what they are?
8801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 1/16/16 , edited 1/16/16
Ever wonder what a country would look like if it was ran by Liberals and a few tumblr users? The answer is Sweden.
3140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/16/16

hurtuoc wrote:

Honestly what's so racist about calling a person white, black, brown ,etc... Most stupid thing ever is when you say [Color] person and they easily get offended for no reason at all. I don't give a fuck when someone calls me Asian because ethnically I am an Asian. So why would a person be offended for being called literally what they are?


who knows... i was once talking to a classmate about how i people always used to confuse me with another black student in my grade because all black people apparently look the same and she called me racist. I'm black. she was white. i was so confused.
27348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/16/16
In other news, a ban on all interpersonal communication is being contemplated due to the chances of people being offended by others.
5351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/16/16

Trewill91 wrote:


hurtuoc wrote:

Honestly what's so racist about calling a person white, black, brown ,etc... Most stupid thing ever is when you say [Color] person and they easily get offended for no reason at all. I don't give a fuck when someone calls me Asian because ethnically I am an Asian. So why would a person be offended for being called literally what they are?


who knows... i was once talking to a classmate about how i people always used to confuse me with another black student in my grade because all black people apparently look the same and she called me racist. I'm black. she was white. i was so confused.


WTF I'm confused.
13004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 1/16/16
imagine how much fun it will be to describe a suspect:

"we're looking for either a guy or a girl that is about 5' - 6' suspected of a crime. if you find him/her, let us know - police"
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.