First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply NX should be region free
3425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangkok
Offline
Posted 1/18/16

Ranwolf wrote:


Gameenderz wrote:



I can play the K-ON music game on my PS3 but not PS4 though.


Do you have any DLC for this game? A lot of PS dlc is region locked.


I can't read Japanese at all so I don't know. I can only play the songs.
19558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/18/16

Gameenderz wrote:



I can't read Japanese at all so I don't know. I can only play the songs.


Well that is the only thing I can think of it's the one sneaky way Sony worked in region locking lately. To be fair though North America and Europe also have their own region locked DLC Japanese fans never see, turnabout I suppose.

Though it could also simply be a backwards compatibility issue, though that is more a hardware issue and only having owned a PS4 and not a PS3 I couldn't tell ya if the hardware differences are enough to cause that.
3425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangkok
Offline
Posted 1/19/16

Ranwolf wrote:


Gameenderz wrote:



I can't read Japanese at all so I don't know. I can only play the songs.


Well that is the only thing I can think of it's the one sneaky way Sony worked in region locking lately. To be fair though North America and Europe also have their own region locked DLC Japanese fans never see, turnabout I suppose.

Though it could also simply be a backwards compatibility issue, though that is more a hardware issue and only having owned a PS4 and not a PS3 I couldn't tell ya if the hardware differences are enough to cause that.


Do you think the NX will be backwards compatible with 3DS and Wii U games? One for the home part and 3DS for the portable part.
12519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 1/19/16

Gameenderz wrote:
Do you think the NX will be backwards compatible with 3DS and Wii U games? One for the home part and 3DS for the portable part.


considering that Nintendo said time and time again that NX is not meant as a successor to Wii U, my guess is that it won't play Wii U games.
3425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangkok
Offline
Posted 1/19/16

namealreadytaken wrote:


Gameenderz wrote:
Do you think the NX will be backwards compatible with 3DS and Wii U games? One for the home part and 3DS for the portable part.


considering that Nintendo said time and time again that NX is not meant as a successor to Wii U, my guess is that it won't play Wii U games.


Well the tables are turning they are now saying that the NX is the successor and Youtubers are thinking that its just ridiculous to have a thirdpillar.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.