First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Black Lives Matter protest
16761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

megahobbit wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Nah I with him on this. They are lucky there wasn't a biker gang there.


>LITERALLY FUCKING TALKING ABOUT BEATING UP PEACEFUL PROTESTERS

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE


They are preventing people from getting to work and paying for their housing/food. They are also blocking ambulances and people rushing to the hospital! They are putting people's lives at risk!
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

megahobbit wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Nah I with him on this. They are lucky there wasn't a biker gang there.


>LITERALLY FUCKING TALKING ABOUT BEATING UP PEACEFUL PROTESTERS

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE



Protest all you want, but don't make people who work their asses off AND pay for the protesters federal assistance, late getting home to their families. They deserve an ass beating at the very least.

15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

megahobbit wrote:


descloud wrote:


Peaceful? They are blocking a major highways and causing problems. You do realize people have their own problems to deal with right?


YES THATS PEACEFUL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR DEFINITION OF PEACEFUL!


Causing problems and being disruptive is not peaceful. Unless that is what you consider peaceful you are sorely mistaken.

Here is the definition of peaceful

"Free from disturbance; tranquil"
31253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/18/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

>LITERALLY FUCKING TALKING ABOUT BEATING UP PEACEFUL PROTESTERS

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE


#America



Exactly
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

megahobbit wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Nah I with him on this. They are lucky there wasn't a biker gang there.


>LITERALLY FUCKING TALKING ABOUT BEATING UP PEACEFUL PROTESTERS

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

Yah. Peaceful protestors, ruining careers


OH SHIT BECAUSE THEY WERE LATE TO WORK ONE DAY A CAREER WILL BE RUINED MEANWHILE PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY FUCKING GETTING SHOT BY COPS

You're right. Whites, blacks, christians, muslims, jews. People are getting shot by cops, all the time. Doesnt mean I want to lose my job because some people have the misguided belief that it happens only to people of their race. Hmm.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

descloud wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


descloud wrote:


Peaceful? They are blocking a major highways and causing problems. You do realize people have their own problems to deal with right?


YES THATS PEACEFUL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR DEFINITION OF PEACEFUL!


Causing problems and being disruptive is not peaceful. Unless that is what you consider peaceful you are sorely mistaken.


Well its not like nonviolent civil disobedience is what modern protest is built on....

Oh what.

Man Id love to know what you thought of Ghandi.
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

megahobbit wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Nah I with him on this. They are lucky there wasn't a biker gang there.


>LITERALLY FUCKING TALKING ABOUT BEATING UP PEACEFUL PROTESTERS

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE


NO is not. For all you know there could be possibly somebody dying in an ambulance right now. Somebody trying to get somebody to the hospital to get them help. A woman about to give birth. What they did was unbelievably selfish. They want to protest? Go do in the police headquarter. No cost possibly people lives by pretending to act righteous, no to mention the city money too. If somebody dies or get hurt because of them. Is on their heads.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

You're right. Whites, blacks, christians, muslims, jews. People are getting shot by cops, all the time. Doesnt mean I want to lose my job because some people have the misguided belief that it happens only to people of their race. Hmm.


To repeat what I said do Dante I dont see you protesting.
16761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

sundin13 wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

I'd be all for "Black Lives Matter" ....if cops were killing black people because they are black....

...but they aren't...


There are legitimate issues with police accountability but the heart of the issue isn't race related. Making it into a race related issue just seems to be trying to start a race war and making the cause a whole lot harder to support. Their tactics certainly go the extra mile towards making them extremely difficult to stand behind.


If it was a criminal justice reform protest, that wasn't blocking highways, I would be supporting them. Instead they are a bunch of racists caring only about black lives. My dad has gotten brutalized by police just because he has long hair and a beard.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

KarenAraragi wrote:

NO is not. For all you know there could be possibly somebody dying in an ambulance right now. Somebody trying to get somebody to the hospital to get them help. A woman about to give birth. What they did was unbelievably selfish. They want to protest? Go do in the police headquarter. No cost possibly people lives by pretending to act righteous, no to mention the city money too.


What if BS is not gonna work on me so come back with something better.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

sundin13 wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

I'd be all for "Black Lives Matter" ....if cops were killing black people because they are black....

...but they aren't...


There are legitimate issues with police accountability but the heart of the issue isn't race related. Making it into a race related issue just seems to be trying to start a race war and making the cause a whole lot harder to support. Their tactics certainly go the extra mile towards making them extremely difficult to stand behind.


Absolutely. We really need to take a hard look at what we can do to make a better and more trustworthy police force. However, as you said, it is not a race issue. Not to say there aren't a handful of racist cops of all colors, because I'm sure there are... I mean, they ARE people, after all. It's just that the small amount of racism is not really the cause of the shitty things cops have done in recent history.

I think it is also important to note that many, many more interactions with cops occur without incident every single day.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

megahobbit wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

You're right. Whites, blacks, christians, muslims, jews. People are getting shot by cops, all the time. Doesnt mean I want to lose my job because some people have the misguided belief that it happens only to people of their race. Hmm.


To repeat what I said do Dante I dont see you protesting.

I dont see you protesting either brah

Just bitching and moaning that people think that this is a bullshit way of protesting
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

(and this is coming from a fairy left person)


Aren't a lot of lefties fairies, though?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

megahobbit wrote:

Well its not like nonviolent civil disobedience is what modern protest is built on....

Oh what.

Man Id love to know what you thought of Ghandi.


"pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon" Remember that phrase? That is not something Gandhi would have emphasized. Why? Because it promotes violence. Which makes them hypocrites.

Blocking traffic and disturbing the peace is not sending a peaceful message. It's called being an annoyance.

5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

I'd be all for "Black Lives Matter" ....if cops were killing black people because they are black....

...but they aren't...


There are legitimate issues with police accountability but the heart of the issue isn't race related. Making it into a race related issue just seems to be trying to start a race war and making the cause a whole lot harder to support. Their tactics certainly go the extra mile towards making them extremely difficult to stand behind.


Absolutely. We really need to take a hard look at what we can do to make a better and more trustworthy police force. However, as you said, it is not a race issue. Not to say there aren't a handful of racist cops of all colors, because I'm sure there are... I mean, they ARE people, after all. It's just that the small amount of racism is not really the cause of the shitty things cops have done in recent history.

I think it also important to note that many, many interactions with cops occur without incident every single day.


Careful, you are now stating a FACT that people seem to ignore.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.