First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Yandere Simulator is now banned from Twitch
27824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
I can't wait for this game to be completed so I can purchase it!
16841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / L'Étoile du Nord,...
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

jeffcoatstephen wrote:

I can't wait for this game to be completed so I can purchase it!

It'd be cool if they released it on PS4.
8952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / U.A Highschool
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
Meh, I didn't it more cuz of the rape type of thing. I think there at least some type of rape I cant quite rember but something about kidnapping I know for sure. But too be honest I didn't even know people stream that I mean what do you even show on stream?
35017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/22/16 , edited 1/22/16
The game currently known as Yandere Simulator is not at all instructive on methods for committing murder. When you kill someone a murder investigation doesn't just end because you burned a body and then mopped up some blood with your magically appearing bucket, and when someone appears to have jumped off a roof, been electrocuted to death, or suddenly goes missing for days on end, it turns out that police will begin asking questions that go beyond the scope of the game's most far reaching ambitions.

We shouldn't even entertain that kind of reasoning. Doing so can only lead to bad places, and this is a project I'd really hate to see get stopped.
16841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / L'Étoile du Nord,...
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

BlueOni wrote:

The game currently known as Yandere Simulator is not at all instructive on methods for committing murder. When you kill someone a murder investigation doesn't just end because you burned a body and then mopped up some blood with your magically appearing bucket, and when someone appears to have jumped off a roof, been electrocuted to death, or suddenly goes missing for days on end, it turns out that police will begin asking questions that go beyond the scope of the game's most far reaching ambitions.

We shouldn't even entertain that kind of reasoning. Doing so can only lead to bad places, and this is a project I'd really hate to see get stopped.

That's just it, too. What game encourages people to go out and kill? That's what they said about GTAV, except they said it "encourages violence against women".

I don't know much about Yandere Simulator, but for all I know, it's just some game that lets you play as some yandere chick who does yandere things. I don't see what the problem is there.
3060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
too bad youtube gaming is up now.
7523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Crimson Mage Village
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
Yanderedev made a video about this just a little while ago as well. But, you know, if he decides to change the name...
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Floridamned
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

Love the part where she throws the girl off and keeps her shoes to place on the roof.
...As jumpers are known to take off their shoes before hand.

I don't think this is going to make anyone believe they can get away with murder. This looks to just be a game that makes fun of some trope characters and possibly manga/anime media in general. It's not like there are frequent problems of girls doing this sort of thing. Nor do I think this is the type of game to... push someone over the edge.
35017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/22/16 , edited 1/22/16

Gross1985 wrote:

That's just it, too. What game encourages people to go out and kill? That's what they said about GTAV, except they said it "encourages violence against women".

I don't know much about Yandere Simulator, but for all I know, it's just some game that lets you play as some yandere chick who does yandere things. I don't see what the problem is there.


Exactly. Basically either an argument that the game incites people to commit harassment/violent crime or that it provides instructions on how to commit murder and elude prosecution for doing so doesn't have a leg to stand on. There are other arguments that people might make against Yandere Simulator. Anything like this has the potential to offend, and people have a right to both be offended and express this offence (though no one has an obligation to care). Regardless, however, the line of argument that this game is actually dangerous is a one-way ticket to a dead end. The developer has carefully and repeatedly insisted that the main character's actions are supposed to be construed as malicious, inhumane, and immoral. The game is basically intended to be a spin on the horror game genre where you are the threat. It's true that the game requires you to harass people into suicide, to kidnap and torture them, to murder them in various ways, but it is not true that these things are encouraged by the game any more than Grand Theft Auto encourages people to go join a drug cartel.
Posted 1/22/16 , edited 1/22/16

ayesharocks wrote:


nooneinparticular wrote:

Twitch has some pretty arbitrary and even hypocritical policies when it comes to what can be streamed. If they keep it up hopefully people will move to their competition.


What's their competition?


YouTube and Hitbox would probably be their largest competition.

Hitbox seems to be little less uptight about what game you stream.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
I don't think it has anything to do with the violence etc. more with copyright probably. If it was taken down due to copyright I don't blame Twitch it is their job. It might be because I am a streamer through so I support what Twitch does more often than usual. Wouldn't choose it for streaming otherwise
35017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

Kemiu wrote:

I don't think it has anything to do with the violence etc. more with copyright probably. If it was taken down due to copyright I don't blame Twitch it is their job. It might be because I am a streamer through so I support what Twitch does more often than usual. Wouldn't choose it for streaming otherwise


I agree. Technically I'm jumping the gun by objecting to claims that the game is inciting violence or instructive in its commission, but since the idea is out there anyway I figured I'd go ahead and play whack-a-mole with it.
51199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

Yanderedev made a video about this just a little while ago as well. But, you know, if he decides to change the name...


Yup. Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/m_KPVLXf3B0

He's willing to compromise and edit whatever feature Twitch found offensive (except panty shots. Panty shots are not negotiable). The stupid thing is that Twitch won't tell him what the problem is.
323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

Tehnery wrote:

Meh, I didn't it more cuz of the rape type of thing. I think there at least some type of rape I cant quite rember but something about kidnapping I know for sure. But too be honest I didn't even know people stream that I mean what do you even show on stream?


There is no "rapey" thing in Yandere Sim. You can kidnap people and torture them until they're mindless husks who live only to do your bidding. After the whole torture thing is done and over with that person can kill a target of your choice with a provided weapon and soon kill themselves afterwords so there's no evidence.

The torture thing is generally the worst of it (well bullying is bad too) The whole game centers around using murder and other vicious task to achieve your goal i.e. making sure nobody steals your Senpai. The game's not really that developed at this point and there's no actual way to play through the story yet so most people stabbed random people during Streams and showed off new updates whenever they came out.



Also a word of advice. You really shouldn't throw around words like "rapey" to describe something when you don't even know if its accurate. Actually be careful of using terms like that in general. Rapey is an EXTREMELY strong word to describe something and can forever tarnish someone's view of the game. There are people and groups out there that if they even the word "rape" associated with a game they'll just automatically assume a game is evil and supports some kind of twist ideology

Never use that term lightly otherwise someone might take what you said at face value and forever hold a grudge against the game. Some people on the internet as very tenacious and some won't stop at just disliking a game either. They'll go out of their way to bad mouth the game in anyway that they can whether that be through real life or through a social media presence just based on what you said. Some are willing to go to any lengths to accomplish these goals and won't feel inhibited by guilt because they can tell themselves they're supporting a cause they believe in. So that's the gist basically. Things can get much, much worse even to the point of harassing others, but that'd take too long to get into. I don't think I need to go to in depth since you're probably a seasoned internet user by now. Just be careful wait you say. Saying the wrong thing on the web can lead to huge consequences.
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
"did someone really just throw water on me? why would some one do this?"
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.