First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Yandere Simulator is now banned from Twitch
8233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
I wouldn't necessarily take issue with the ban if Twitch at least explained what the problem was. Of course, that would mean they would likely have to answer to questions of why Yandere was blocked but other titles with similar content are not.

As a regular Twitch viewer but one who sticks to select streamers, I can say I've ever seen Yandere streamed though. Was it a big game for streaming or was it fairly niche anyway?
19118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/23/16
It shouldn't be for intellectual property issues, as if that was the case osu! would have been banned long ago.

I suspect it is the lewdness of panty shots.
8952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / U.A Highschool
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

User256 wrote:


Tehnery wrote:

Meh, I didn't it more cuz of the rape type of thing. I think there at least some type of rape I cant quite rember but something about kidnapping I know for sure. But too be honest I didn't even know people stream that I mean what do you even show on stream?


There is no "rapey" thing in Yandere Sim. You can kidnap people and torture them until they're mindless husks who live only to do your bidding. After the whole torture thing is done and over with that person can kill a target of your choice with a provided weapon and soon kill themselves afterwords so there's no evidence.

The torture thing is generally the worst of it (well bullying is bad too) The whole game centers around using murder and other vicious task to achieve your goal i.e. making sure nobody steals your Senpai. The game's not really that developed at this point and there's no actual way to play through the story yet so most people stabbed random people during Streams and showed off new updates whenever they came out.



Also a word of advice. You really shouldn't throw around words like "rapey" to describe something when you don't even know if its accurate. Actually be careful of using terms like that in general. Rapey is an EXTREMELY strong word to describe something and can forever tarnish someone's view of the game. There are people and groups out there that if they even the word "rape" associated with a game they'll just automatically assume a game is evil and supports some kind of twist ideology

Never use that term lightly otherwise someone might take what you said at face value and forever hold a grudge against the game. Some people on the internet as very tenacious and some won't stop at just disliking a game either. They'll go out of their way to bad mouth the game in anyway that they can whether that be through real life or through a social media presence just based on what you said. Some are willing to go to any lengths to accomplish these goals and won't feel inhibited by guilt because they can tell themselves they're supporting a cause they believe in. So that's the gist basically. Things can get much, much worse even to the point of harassing others, but that'd take too long to get into. I don't think I need to go to in depth since you're probably a seasoned internet user by now. Just be careful wait you say. Saying the wrong thing on the web can lead to huge consequences.


Oh ok I just this a bit confuse with a anthor game that looks about the same I don't know what is was called though...
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 1/23/16 , edited 1/23/16

bobland wrote:
I suspect it is the lewdness of panty shots.
Sad times when something "sexy" or provoking is worse then death.
even though Many would go much further because of sexual things, and so on.


when its just for "fun" and so on.
When even children can take the fun out of this and don't find anything "wrong" with it:


eclair-lumiere wrote: But Grand Theft Auto, a game where you can kill prostitutes and rape people is fine? Fucks sake...
just have to say, so what? rape is maybe one thing depends on where the game takes it, but GTA is more of an SANDBOX where you do what you WANT, even though some is just for "fun" since they are NOT real people.. and can do what ever they want sometimes just to test the game and maybe NEVER do it agian. 1 test, nearly no one would do it a 2nd time (for the sake of it), unless they are quite on about it and could mean they are more "into" that and could be unstable person to begin with if not random events leads to make fun of the game that this happends agian but that was not out of cheer will.
11413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 1/23/16 , edited 1/23/16
On the one hand I can see why it was banned. Whichever way you slice it the game's main focus is around the torment and killing of minors, and the sexualisation of them what with the panty shots and so on. On the other hand, I still think Twitch owes YandereDev an explanation as to why his game was banned, even if they're not obligated to; doing otherwise just seems unprofessional.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote: On the one hand I can see why it was banned. Whichever way you slice it the game's main focus is around the torment and killing of minors

I still think Twitch owes YandereDev an explanation as to why his game was banned, even if they're not obligated to; doing otherwise just seems unprofessional.
that still isn't a "reason" also horror games in that end some horror games would be banned as well, and also its how you do the age thing and how you filter or do things "right" to make a age matter.

Like you have a game that is babies destroying eachother, but because it feels so ridicules and fun/arcade feeling none get bothered with it.

and yes Twitch should respond but with such sites it would allways take a while, so wait a month (month to just the same day it would really depend) before an answer would be resonable.

5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

eclair-lumiere wrote:

But Grand Theft Auto, a game where you can kill prostitutes and rape people is fine? Fucks sake...

I don't actually know what Twitch is and I hate video games in general because they're ridiculously overpriced. But this is just stupid. Basically it seems that western media can do whatever it likes but anything from Japan gets super censored or banned.


Lol, you can't rape people in GTA. You can have sex with prostitutes but you can't just kidnap any NPC you want and rape them. So don't go spreading FUD. In fact, going out of your way to fuck the prostitutes in GTA will get you banned on twitch. As it's against the rules. Streamers even had to self censor the nude scenes in the Witcher III.
27824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

Gross1985 wrote:


jeffcoatstephen wrote:

I can't wait for this game to be completed so I can purchase it!

It'd be cool if they released it on PS4.


For PS5. PS5 will sadly probably be out before the game is complete finished.
73266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Atlanta, GA
Offline
Posted 1/23/16 , edited 1/23/16
Twitch rules are arbitrary and the general arbitrariness of internet services is why I shake my head when I read about someone quitting their job to do Twitch or Youtube streams. These are brand new services in brand new industries. There will be a ton of shake up at start and they could easily make a rule or feature that negative impacts literally everyone on the system and could make the whole, "I'm quitting my job thing" fall apart. And it would be fair. That's the exact reason you don't build your house on sand and why being an early adopter is always a risk.

Anyways, Twitch. They've banned streams for not being "gamey" enough but then they turn around have official channels for cooking and making music, which is literally 0% gaming. It's not even wrapped around gaming like someone playing Cooking Mama or using the old MTV Music Generator "game". People are literally streaming a Pro Tools sessions and videos of themselves making an omelette and that counts as gamey enough but actually playing a game can not be considered gamey enough.

Hatred gets banned because you can kill innocent people. Fallout 4 promoted itself as "you can kill anyone this time!!!" and it doesn't raise an eye. Every M-rated open world game ever has you killing innocent people. Only Hatred gets the ban though. I'm sure it's more to do with all the negative press the game got (even someone at Steam banned it, although they came back a day later admitting that was a stupid and brash decision based off of internet vitriol/press as opposed to something in the game actually warranting banning). Small indie can't get away with what a major publisher can triumph as a selling point. This is a story as old as time:peasants can't get away with what royalty can.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/23/16



Lol, you can't rape people in GTA. You can have sex with prostitutes but you can't just kidnap any NPC you want and rape them. So don't go spreading FUD. In fact, going out of your way to fuck the prostitutes in GTA will get you banned on twitch. As it's against the rules. Streamers even had to self censor the nude scenes in the Witcher III.



I don't even know what Twitch so it might have some different rules. But in the original GTA that people buy you can indeed rape people.
15841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / L'Étoile du Nord,...
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

jeffcoatstephen wrote:


Gross1985 wrote:


jeffcoatstephen wrote:

I can't wait for this game to be completed so I can purchase it!

It'd be cool if they released it on PS4.


For PS5. PS5 will sadly probably be out before the game is complete finished.

Oh, yeah; the game's still in development.

Hopefully, if there's a PS5, Sony will continue supporting indie games like they do for the PS4. Just a detail.
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

eclair-lumiere wrote:




Lol, you can't rape people in GTA. You can have sex with prostitutes but you can't just kidnap any NPC you want and rape them. So don't go spreading FUD. In fact, going out of your way to fuck the prostitutes in GTA will get you banned on twitch. As it's against the rules. Streamers even had to self censor the nude scenes in the Witcher III.



I don't even know what Twitch so it might have some different rules. But in the original GTA that people buy you can indeed rape people.

Exactly, the ORIGINAL, it has nothing to do with 4, 3 or 5, etc. The only way you can "rape" in the recent ones would be with mods, though that's only what I've heard and I doubt it highly.

On another note, in Yandere Sim you can sit here and force people to commit suicide and watch them do it, some people use that part of the game as a joke lmao. Do you really think a game like that is gonna stay up forever? Another thing is it's probably not even the Twitch Staff at fault, enough complaints about a game and it will get banned. Do you truly think all these crybaby bitches are not gonna complain about a game in which you can have people commit suicide and watch it?

Even if GTA had all this stuff, it'd get a pass though but that's because GTA makes bank and brings in A LOT of viewers to Twitch, so that's not going down soon, if anything they'd block out some scenes.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/23/16



Exactly, the ORIGINAL, it has nothing to do with 4, 3 or 5, etc. The only way you can "rape" in the recent ones would be with mods, though that's only what I've heard and I doubt it highly.

On another note, in Yandere Sim you can sit here and force people to commit suicide and watch them do it, some people use that part of the game as a joke lmao. Do you really think a game like that is gonna stay up forever? Another thing is it's probably not even the Twitch Staff at fault, enough complaints about a game and it will get banned. Do you truly think all these crybaby bitches are not gonna complain about a game in which you can have people commit suicide and watch it?

Even if GTA had all this stuff, it'd get a pass though but that's because GTA makes bank and brings in A LOT of viewers to Twitch, so that's not going down soon, if anything they'd block out some scenes.



Wow, you really need to calm down! I believe I've already said I don't play video games. I'm aware that one of the GTA games lets you rape people but I don't know which one. I'm surprised to hear they even made that many.

Also, I didn't know that that's what you did in Yandere Simulator. I thought it was just simulated conversations with characters that acted like Yuno Gasai. So I can see why that would be banned. But in general people tend to complain more about things relating to Japan than the western world. As you said yourself, even if GTA did have that they probably wouldn't block it because it brings in money.

So basically, mainstream stuff can be as disgusting as possible and no one will care.
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

eclair-lumiere wrote:




Exactly, the ORIGINAL, it has nothing to do with 4, 3 or 5, etc. The only way you can "rape" in the recent ones would be with mods, though that's only what I've heard and I doubt it highly.

On another note, in Yandere Sim you can sit here and force people to commit suicide and watch them do it, some people use that part of the game as a joke lmao. Do you really think a game like that is gonna stay up forever? Another thing is it's probably not even the Twitch Staff at fault, enough complaints about a game and it will get banned. Do you truly think all these crybaby bitches are not gonna complain about a game in which you can have people commit suicide and watch it?

Even if GTA had all this stuff, it'd get a pass though but that's because GTA makes bank and brings in A LOT of viewers to Twitch, so that's not going down soon, if anything they'd block out some scenes.



Wow, you really need to calm down! I believe I've already said I don't play video games. I'm aware that one of the GTA games lets you rape people but I don't know which one. I'm surprised to hear they even made that many.

Also, I didn't know that that's what you did in Yandere Simulator. I thought it was just simulated conversations with characters that acted like Yuno Gasai. So I can see why that would be banned. But in general people tend to complain more about things relating to Japan than the western world. As you said yourself, even if GTA did have that they probably wouldn't block it because it brings in money.

So basically, mainstream stuff can be as disgusting as possible and no one will care.

Not sure what made you think I was upset, all I did was point out that it was the original? Though you could've at least looked up how many there were, it would've made things a lot easier. And no, you can torture people, break their will, turn them into slaves to kill people then have them commit suicide right after they're done. And they're also going to add a bullying function which can also make people kill themselves in different ways as well, so there's plenty reason this game would be banned, people just want to ride games like there's no logical reasons for them to get taken down.

And yeah, people to tend to be biased against Japanese related things so of course people won't like it for that reason alone.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/23/16



Not sure what made you think I was upset, all I did was point out that it was the original? Though you could've at least looked up how many there were, it would've made things a lot easier. And no, you can torture people, break their will, turn them into slaves to kill people then have them commit suicide right after they're done. And they're also going to add a bullying function which can also make people kill themselves in different ways as well, so there's plenty reason this game would be banned, people just want to ride games like there's no logical reasons for them to get taken down.

And yeah, people to tend to be biased against Japanese related things so of course people won't like it for that reason alone.


I've already said, I don't play video games so why would I bother to find out how many there were? It doesn't matter to me whether they're Japanese or whether they're western, they all seem overpriced and a big con.

But yeah, sure sounds like that game has a lot of serious issues it. BUT there is a simple solution. Just don't play it. I didn't pay to go and see Fifty Shades of Grey and then complain all the way through going "eww! it's too sexual!". I just didn't watch it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.