First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Shared moe hobby with dying father
3104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

ignitingmemories wrote:

aw you and your dad share an awesome bond!

my father gave me 50 bucks and said good luck kiddo and left


There's always next time! Keep trying and don't give up. You never know when you might not seem again.

6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
I share my interests with my sister. Unfortunately the rest of the family would never get into my interests. I did have to bend backwards a little to get my sister into anime though. Due to her lack of free time, we've only watched One Punch Man, and are coming close to the end of Death Note. I'm thinking of showing her Angel Beats next unless it seems like a bad idea at the time.
3104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 1/22/16 , edited 1/22/16

Buckerss wrote:

I share my interests with my sister. Unfortunately the rest of the family would never get into my interests. I did have to bend backwards a little to get my sister into anime though. Due to her lack of free time, we've only watched One Punch Man, and are coming close to the end of Death Note. I'm thinking of showing her Angel Beats next unless it seems like a bad idea at the time.


Well you don't want to force someone to understand a hobby. Just sharing it is enough. Still, glad you can bond with her!
146727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Overlord's Castle
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
My family and closest friends know me completely. I don't hide my hobbies or anything from my parents. I even have yaoi manga lying around my room. They share no interest in my love of anime though, but they do respect it to some degree. I get my mom to go to anime conventions with me....although she just mocks everyone and takes pics most of the time......and me and my dad play video games together.

I'm glad you were able to bond with your father like that. I know what its like to lose loved ones.
3104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

Kira0309 wrote:

My family and closest friends know me completely. I don't hide my hobbies or anything from my parents. I even have yaoi manga lying around my room. They share no interest in my love of anime though, but they do respect it to some degree. I get my mom to go to anime conventions with me....although she just mocks everyone and takes pics most of the time......and me and my dad play video games together.

I'm glad you were able to bond with your father like that. I know what its like to lose loved ones.

Bonding like that is exactly what I like to hear! Keep them close!
17712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
Next up: shared yaoi hobby with dying father
27246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 1/22/16 , edited 1/22/16
Well, my hobbies are on full display in my room, but there are things I don't share with my parents--like yaoi. Have to keep that shit locked up though since they're homophobic.

Anyway, sorry to hear. There's nothing like listening to monitors and such....nice message though...so thanks for sharing it with us.




FlyinDumpling wrote:

Next up: shared yaoi hobby with dying father


No. Not even then.
8086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
I don't hide my hobbies or love for anime from anyone, my family is used to it by now, but I'm pretty lucky that I have 2 brothers that share much of the same interests.

I'm really sorry about your dad, but your heartfelt post shows how much you obviously care about each other and I wish the best for you and your family.
3104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Next up: shared yaoi hobby with dying father

Kind of poor taste, but I chuckled. I'll let it slide.
3104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 1/22/16

PrinceJudar wrote:

Well, my hobbies are on full display in my room, but there are things I don't share with my parents--like yaoi. Have to keep that shit locked up though since they're homophobic.

Anyway, sorry to hear. There's nothing like listening to monitors and such....nice message though...so thanks for sharing it with us.




FlyinDumpling wrote:

Next up: shared yaoi hobby with dying father


No. Not even then.


Of course! I'm glad there's at least something you can share with them. Please spread the word!
13807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/22/16
3104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 1/23/16
40248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Next up: shared yaoi hobby with dying father


I lol'd
3426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Next up: shared yaoi hobby with dying father


Plot twist: He liked it...


-sorry I don't intend to be mean-
Posted 1/23/16 , edited 1/23/16
<3
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.