First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply trump "i can shoot someone and i wouldnt lose voters"
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/16

Ejanss wrote:


sarteck wrote:

Do you guys really think Trump is going to shoot someone? I mean, what exactly is the big deal here?


The issue here is a guy who believes that Diplomacy and Taste are problems other people are stuck with.

(The bragging of "Am I good or what?" also doesn't do much for trying to persuade that he has other ambitions for the presidency besides his insatiable ego. Anybody who did on the Little League baseball team in front of the coach would be cleaning up after the next six games.
Y'know, at least other candidates make a convincing show of being grateful for their voters' support, as opposed to calling residents of the same state "Idiots" and asking "What is wrong with you people?" when he wasn't doing well in the numbers?)


So, in other words, there's really absolutely no problem with what he said. You just don't appreciate the way he talks. It's not his ideas or policies, you just don't like his tone.

That's exactly why I like him. I hate this "tone-policing" bullcrap that we're mired in, and appreciate that he's not going to bother with it.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/16 , edited 1/24/16
Lose supporters? Depends on who he shoots. I'm sure if he shot a black person or some other minority he'd get more supporters...



sarteck wrote:

Do you guys really think Trump is going to shoot someone? I mean, what exactly is the big deal here?



Nobody thinks he will actually shoot a person. That isn't the point as to why people are upset over this. You and Trump supporters in general just defend this guy at every turn and make excuses for him every time he does something like this. So many things he has said and done would be political suicide for anyone else, yet somehow this jerk wad just grows higher and higher in popularity. If a democratic candidate (or Obama running for president in previous years) said only a few of the things this guy has said, right wingers would totally flip shit. He is not president material. Period. You'd probably even defend the time this bastard stood at the podium and mocked a disabled person, flailing his arms around and all.



Btw, my negativity isn't really at you. We had a discussion recently and it was civil and I took something away from it...it is just that...Trump is legit bad, yeah yeah, you get that...he shouldn't be the front runner for the GOP. This political race so far has been 'the theater of the absurd'.
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/16 , edited 1/24/16

sarteck wrote:


Ejanss wrote:
(The bragging of "Am I good or what?" also doesn't do much for trying to persuade that he has other ambitions for the presidency besides his insatiable ego. Anybody who did on the Little League baseball team in front of the coach would be cleaning up after the next six games.
Y'know, at least other candidates make a convincing show of being grateful for their voters' support, as opposed to calling residents of the same state "Idiots" and asking "What is wrong with you people?" when he wasn't doing well in the numbers?)


So, in other words, there's really absolutely no problem with what he said. You just don't appreciate the way he talks. It's not his ideas or policies, you just don't like his tone.

That's exactly why I like him. I hate this "tone-policing" bullcrap that we're mired in, and appreciate that he's not going to bother with it.


Here's what nobody, ESPECIALLY business typhoons like Steve Forbes, ever remembers about the political process, that ex-Senators, Governors and Representatives are constantly, constantly aware of, having already weathered it many times in their careers:
The Democratic Process in our United States is a JOB INTERVIEW. Quite literally and not a bit metaphorically. And you have every one of the same hundred possibilities of blowing one as you would in a real job interview at Kelly Temps or Denny's.
(Possibly even more so, as if you blow your Denny's interview, it doesn't hit Huffington Post by the afternoon.)

You don't walk in saying you "deserve" the job. You don't take your shoes off to air out your socks, put your feet up on the desk, and say "Hey, I have my own Casual Fridays, something wrong with that?" You don't tell the boss he's an idiot and your genius could be running the place in a week. If it's a female interviewer, you don't joke about her boobs, neither would you ask about citizenship status if it was a Latino interviewer
So, um, yes. It's about tone. Funny old political system.

(Might want to look up a little play called "Coriolanus", or at least see if the Ralph Fiennes movie is still on Netflix.
Shakespeare already nailed the problems of unelectable candidates running voter-loathing campaigns for their own glory four hundred years before we even had CNN.
http://shakespeare.mit.edu/coriolanus/coriolanus.2.3.html
He also wrote another Roman play about people going into frenzies over charismatic leaders, and publicly mob-stoning anyone who innocently voiced dissent.)
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/16 , edited 1/24/16
Another point to make...you can't say the 'tone-policing' or whatever isn't important. An argument I make is that being President of the United States of America incorporates Prestige, and Donald Trump stomps all over that. Pisses all over that, really. Either we can maintain this element of prestige, or just throw it out the window, starting here with Donald Trump because "lol he says it like it is" and "haha yeah, we like that he is a crass son of a bitch!".
5597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Barnegat Light, NJ
Offline
Posted 1/24/16
he'd never do it. a felony would make him ineligible for the office!
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/16 , edited 1/24/16
Also, I think he is running for president, first and foremost, for Donald J. Trump. For himself. As someone said, he has an insatiable ego, and it is true. He might have the biggest ego in the world. The guy thinks he is so great. He thinks he is the absolute best. He is oblivious to the truth that he is a lousy human being.
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/16 , edited 1/27/16

Dubnoman wrote:

Nobody thinks he will actually shoot a person. That isn't the point as to why people are upset over this. You and Trump supporters in general just defend this guy at every turn and make excuses for him every time he does something like this.

Something like.... what?

What has he done?


Dubnoman wrote:

So many things he has said and done would be political suicide for anyone else, yet somehow this jerk wad just grows higher and higher in popularity.

So you don't like him because people like what he says?



Dubnoman wrote:

If a democratic candidate (or Obama running for president in previous years) said only a few of the things this guy has said, right wingers would totally flip shit.

Okay. Like what? I consider myself fairly right-wing, tell me what will make me flip my shit.


Dubnoman wrote:

He is not president material. Period. You'd probably even defend the time this fucker stood at the podium and mocked a disabled person, flailing his arms around and all.

Nice assumptions you got there, buddy. But you fail to defend any of 'em.


Dubnoman wrote:

Btw, my negativity isn't really at you. We had a discussion recently and it was civil and I took something away from it...it is just that...Trump is legit bad, yeah yeah, you get that...he shouldn't be the front runner for the GOP. This political race so far has been 'the theater of the absurd'.

You say that, but you fail to really say much other than, "he says bad things."

I really don't care if he offends people, honestly. I don't care if he hurts feelings. I'm not voting a nursery maid in. I'm voting a person that's supposed to lead our country.




Ejanss wrote:

You don't walk in saying you "deserve" the job.

Really?

You don't see every single candidate out there, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, saying why they deserve to be the President?

You've got to be blind.


Ejanss wrote:

You don't take your shoes off to air out your socks, put your feet up on the desk, and say "Hey, I have my own Casual Fridays, something wrong with that?" You don't tell the boss he's an idiot and your genius could be running the place in a week. If it's a female interviewer, you don't joke about her boobs, neither would you ask about citizenship status if it was a Latino interviewer
So, um, yes. It's about tone. Funny old political system.


You seem to try to be making the hilarious case that Presidential candidates are not doing exactly that; telling America how they are going to run it, what America needs to do, and how America needs to do it.

It's absurd.



Dubnoman wrote:

Another point to make...you can't say the 'tone-policing' or whatever isn't important. An argument I make is that being President of the United States of America incorporates Prestige, and Donald Trump stomps all over that. Pisses all over that, really. Either we can maintain this element of prestige, or just throw it out the fucking window, starting here with Donald Trump because "lol he says it like it is" and "haha yeah, we like that he is a crass son of a bitch!".


How does he "stomp all over Prestige?" Because saying "my voters are so loyal I could shoot someone and they'll still vote for me?"

You have a funny definition of Prestige.

---------------

I'll also note that no one has really told me just what is wrong with this. Just that you don't like his tone.
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/16 , edited 1/24/16

sarteck wrote:

Ejanss wrote:

You don't take your shoes off to air out your socks, put your feet up on the desk, and say "Hey, I have my own Casual Fridays, something wrong with that?" You don't tell the boss he's an idiot and your genius could be running the place in a week. If it's a female interviewer, you don't joke about her boobs, neither would you ask about citizenship status if it was a Latino interviewer
So, um, yes. It's about tone. Funny old political system.


You seem to try to be making the hilarious case that Presidential candidates are not doing exactly that; telling America how they are going to run it, what America needs to do, and how America needs to do it.


Well, was using the "Job Interview" metaphor more in the sense of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMe3WDmxBEI
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/16

Ejanss wrote:

Well, was using the "Job Interview" metaphor more in the sense of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMe3WDmxBEI


I don't usually like root beer, but I love A&W. Iunno why.
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/16 , edited 1/24/16

sarteck wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

Well, was using the "Job Interview" metaphor more in the sense of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMe3WDmxBEI


I don't usually like root beer, but I love A&W. Iunno why.


(Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have achieved the off-topic "Huhuh, that was like funny!" topic-dodge to keep his place in the thread, he ran out of argument!
Score: Love-15!)
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/16

Ejanss wrote:

(Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have achieved the off-topic "Huhuh, that was like funny!" topic-dodge to keep his place in the thread, he ran out of argument!
Score: Love-15!)


I'm not "dodging" anything. You made no substantive argument, what was there to debate?

What, you want me to argue a petty insult? Come on, get real.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/16 , edited 1/24/16
So, if Obama, in previous political races, when he was gaining a lot of support, said "I could shoot someone and kill them and not lose my momentum"...how would you feel about that. If Obama, in a previous political race, mocked a disabled person and was flailing his arms about, how would you feel about that? If Obama, when talking about P.O.W.s, said "I don't like the ones that get caught", how would that make you feel? You wouldn't be upset at all? Not hold it against him in the slightest?

I'm sorry, but you just keep making excuses for him. Again and Again. Btw, however you answer to above paragraph, we all know if Obama said those things/mocked a disabled person, millions of right wingers would go ballistic. Absolutely ballistic.

Also, about prestige, you should know I'm not talking about that one single quote, but Donald Trump in this political race as a whole, and yes. Prestige. Donald Trump mocks the prestige of being president of united states of America and if he became president, he'd trample under it with muddy boots.

That he is a complete jerk, a crass, disrespectful, boisterous s.o.b. ...should be a red flag to people that he probably is not good material for a leader of America. Yet here we are, this guy doesn't deserve to be doing well in this political race and yet millions of Americans love the guy and are clamoring for him, in the face of every time he fails to be a decent human being, they just brush it aside, disregard it, pretend that it doesn't matter at all. Give him a free pass every single time.

You say that it doesn't matter if he isn't a decent human being. It doesn't matter if he is blatantly crude, crass, and downright disrespectful every day he campaigns. Okay. If you give a free pass to Trump, would you be okay if all the other candidates were just the same? Republican candidates, democrat candidates...would you really be okay if they were all like this?
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/16 , edited 1/24/16

Dubnoman wrote:

That he is a complete jerk, a crass, disrespectful, boisterous s.o.b. ...should be a red flag to people that he probably is not good material for a leader of America. Yet here we are, this guy doesn't deserve to be doing well in this political race and yet millions of Americans love the guy and are clamoring for him, in the face of every time he fails to be a decent human being, they just brush it aside, disregard it, pretend that it doesn't matter at all. Give him a free pass every single time.


Howard Stern once ran for Governor of NY as a publicity semi-joke campaign, on the platform that he wanted to fix some freeway problem and then leave office, "you can pick some really good Lt. Governor and let him take over".
Naturally, the whole campaign was all about disrupting the actual gubernatorial race in his, um, inimitable style.

His own core-cult fanbase took the campaign seriously, or at least made a great show of pretending to out of cult-of-personality support for the same fratboy thrill of disrupting the, quote, "stagnated" political process, but we didn't have mainstream voters putting aside his goofy comic racist/sexist shock remarks by saying that it made him a new bold, outspoken political voice that would shake up the state and make it great again.
When Trump supporters do, that's when they're blinded by their own thrills or fantasy worlds about Muslim or Mexican-fear, finding another cult-of-personality to hang it on, and reveling when the candidate pushes a Snapple plug on the incumbent during the debate.
Regardless of whether that same cult leader would love them back for it.

(Speaking of governor races, did California Republicans really elect Schwarzenegger for his party political savvy, or because the people were all in a frenzy over budget fears, wanted to make a big show of kicking out the previous guy, and thought it was, like, funny and neato whenever "the Governator" made a speech?)
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/16

Dubnoman wrote:

So, if Obama, in previous political races, when he was gaining a lot of support, said "I could shoot someone and kill them and not lose my momentum"...how would you feel about that. If Obama, in a previous political race, mocked a disabled person and was flailing his arms about, how would you feel about that? If Obama, when talking about P.O.W.s, said "I don't like the ones that get caught", how would that make you feel? You wouldn't be upset at all? Not hold it against him in the slightest?


No, I wouldn't care if Obama said that. I'd probably mock him and shitpost, "go ahead, see where it gets you" or some stupid shit, but that's about it.


Dubnoman wrote:

I'm sorry, but you just keep making excuses for him. Again and Again.


No.

This in completely false, and I'm rather miffed you'd claim that.

I have not "defended" Trump once. I have asked what is so bad about this, and you have told me what's so bad is that I "keep defending him." This is about as false as your "reasons" that this comment is soooo terribad.



Dubnoman wrote:

Btw, however you answer to above paragraph, we all know if Obama said those things/mocked a disabled person, millions of right wingers would go ballistic. Absolutely ballistic.


Perfectly fine with you saying that. There are idiots on both sides, I'll most certainly concede that. I'm sure I don't have to bring up rabid social justice warriors for us to agree on that. I'm not some fucking extremist that you seem to think EVERY SINGLE Trump supporter is, as evidenced by your "you defend him again and again" bull.



Dubnoman wrote:

Also, about prestige, you should know I'm not talking about that one single quote, but Donald Trump in this political race as a whole, and yes. Prestige. Donald Trump mocks the prestige of being president of united states of America and if he became president, he'd trample under it with muddy boots.

Do you know what "prestige" is? It's rather synonymous with "popularity." Here, let me grab the exact definition for you:

"widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality."
I'd rather say that Trump is quite popular, wouldn't you?


Dubnoman wrote:

That he is a complete jerk, a crass, disrespectful, boisterous s.o.b. ...should be a red flag to people that he probably is not good material for a leader of America.

I don't think he's a complete jerk.
I don't care that he's crass.
I have no clue why you would care he's boisterous.


Dubnoman wrote:

Yet here we are, this guy doesn't deserve to be doing well in this political race and yet millions of Americans love the guy and are clamoring for him, in the face of every time he fails to be a decent human being, they just brush it aside, disregard it, pretend that it doesn't matter at all. Give him a free pass every single time.

I'm sorry, but when all you can cry about is his tone, with THAT being your determining factor for his presidency, I can't really take this opinion seriously.


Dubnoman wrote:

You say that it doesn't matter if he isn't a decent human being. It doesn't matter if he is blatantly crude, crass, and downright disrespectful every day he campaigns. Okay. If you give a free pass to Trump, would you be okay if all the other candidates were just the same? Republican candidates, democratic candidates...would you really be okay if they were all like this?

No, I did not say "it does not matter if he is a decent human being."

It wasn't that long ago, but I'll quote exactly what I said. Do not misunderstand it this time.


I really don't care if he offends people, honestly. I don't care if he hurts feelings. I'm not voting a nursery maid in. I'm voting a person that's supposed to lead our country.


YOu can be offensive and still be a decent human being.

You've offended me by putting words into my mouth and lying about what I've said, but I will wager that you are a decent human being.

You seem to have this notion that Trump is some evil asshole hellbent on some obscure evil that you can't even name.
Posted 1/24/16
^ you're still voting for trump so no matter how u put it ur probably bald , & waiting at home to collect your disability checks
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.