First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Swedish centre worker girl stabbed to death by teen refugee
2271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Online
Posted 1/28/16 , edited 2/2/16
There is definitely a major problem that needs to be addressed. I wouldn't go so far as to say all refugee's are scum or evil though and to be fair evil people come from all walks of life so naturally there are going to be some bad people within the refugee camps. Honestly these people are hurting their cause more than anyone else.

Like the poster above me said it only takes one bad apple and public opinion has gone way beyond swaying to freaking swinging on this matter. It also doesn't help that many of the places these refugee's come from are very poor third world countries with very little education and very little law as we know it. With that said I'm sure there's a lot of them who are grateful and law abiding and just want a chance to live in peace and it's a shame that monsters like this are ruining that for them. We can't just turn our backs on people in need. Indifference is beyond evil. I don't know what the solution is. I do know turning our backs on people is not the solution.

Very sad. My sincere condolences to this beautiful woman's friends and family. She sounds like an awesome person and her family should be proud that she is out there trying to help others. Why anyone would ever want to hurt someone who's trying to help is beyond me. Some people are just evil.
20450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/28/16
Sweden and the other European countries who are accepting refugees should reconsider their policies of doing so or make some back up plans. So far, I've heard a lot of negative things happen in most of these places and I fear it would just get worse. I fear that they would be outnumbered by the refugees soon and the culture of these countries, changed.
4498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 1/28/16 , edited 2/2/16

TheOriginalStraynge wrote:

There is definitely a major problem that needs to be addressed. I wouldn't go so far as to say all refugee's are scum or evil though and to be fair evil people come from all walks of life so naturally there are going to be some bad people within the refugee camps. Honestly these people are hurting their cause more than anyone else.

Like the poster above me said it only takes one bad apple and public opinion has gone way beyond swaying to freaking swinging on this matter. It also doesn't help that many of the places these refugee's come from are very poor third world countries with very little education and very little law as we know it. With that said I'm sure there's a lot of them who are grateful and law abiding and just want a chance to live in peace and it's a shame that monsters like this are ruining that for them. We can't just turn our backs on people in need. Indifference is beyond evil. I don't know what the solution is. I do know turning our backs on people is not the solution.

Very sad. My sincere condolences to this beautiful woman's friends and family. She sounds like an awesome person and her family should be proud that she is out there trying to help others. Why anyone would ever want to hurt someone who's trying to help is beyond me. Some people are just evil.


It's a misconception to assume that most refugees have very little education. Some may have little but others are well educated.
1515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/28/16 , edited 1/28/16
Figured I would update this thread.

Sources

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35425735
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01/28/sweden-to-deport-up-to-80000-refugees.html

Anders Ygeman said charter aircraft would be used to deport the migrants but it would take several years. Some 163,000 migrants applied for asylum in Sweden in 2015, the highest per capita number in Europe.

The numbers have fallen significantly since Sweden imposed border controls this year. Along with Germany, the Scandinavian country is a prime destination for refugees and other migrants entering the EU illegally.

Of the approximately 58,800 asylum cases processed in Sweden last year, 55% were accepted. Of those facing expulsion, Mr Ygeman was quoted in Swedish media as saying: "We are talking about 60,000 people but the number could climb to 80,000."

Sweden earlier this week became the latest of a number of European nations to see tensions over migrants heightened by violence. A 15-year-old asylum seeker was arrested in Molndal, near Gothenburg, after a 22-year-old asylum centre employee was stabbed to death.

Mikael Ribbenvik, head of operations at the Swedish Migration Agency, told the BBC that assessing all the asylum applications would be "an enormous feat to accomplish" and would require more resources from the government.

"A lot of people leave voluntarily and a lot of people abscond. And then we have a few people that are staying on that are impossible to remove because of identification purposes," he said.

Greece criticized

More than one million refugees and migrants travelled to Europe last year, most fleeing conflicts in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. The UN says another 46,000 people have arrived in Greece so far this year, with more than 170 killed making the dangerous crossing from Turkey.

In the latest such accident, at least 11 migrants drowned - mostly children - after their boat capsized off the island of Samos, the Greek coast guard says. Several are still missing.

On Wednesday, a draft European Commission report said Greece "seriously neglected" its obligations to control the external frontier of Europe's passport-free Schengen zone.

Greek government spokeswoman Olga Gerovasili accused the Commission of "blame games" and said it had failed to act on a program agreed last year to relocate tens of thousands of migrants and refugees stranded in Greece.

Denmark has also faced criticism this week after approving legislation to seize the valuables of refugees in the hope of limiting the influx of migrants. Some have likened the Danish proposals to the confiscation of gold and other valuables from Jews by the Nazis during the Holocaust.

1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Hicksville Ohio(n...
Offline
Posted 1/28/16 , edited 2/2/16
Sweden may expel tens of thousands of migrants "sweden, which has been one of Europe's most welcoming nations for migrants in 2015, said Thursday it may expel up to 80,000 asylum seekers in coming years."

Latest news clip..

I bet they dont
37144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/16

hicksvilledave wrote:

Sweden may expel tens of thousands of migrants "sweden, which has been one of Europe's most welcoming nations for migrants in 2015, said Thursday it may expel up to 80,000 asylum seekers in coming years."

Latest news clip..

I bet they dont


Like I said everything in the news is sensationalist. Either refugees are a blight on the land and governments are incompetent for not properly addressing the issue; or governments are cold pragmatists who are getting ready to deport tens of thousands of vulnerable refugees back to the war zones they came from. The issue is much more nuanced and complex than that, obviously.

Appealing to emotions, particularly outrage, is unfortunately a proven way of selling the news. Both sides do it, and the few sources that do bother to present the issue properly are widely ignored in favor of their more dramatic competitors.
7467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/28/16
sad world we live in....but like-
Posted 1/28/16

kinga750 wrote:


hicksvilledave wrote:

Sweden may expel tens of thousands of migrants "sweden, which has been one of Europe's most welcoming nations for migrants in 2015, said Thursday it may expel up to 80,000 asylum seekers in coming years."

Latest news clip..

I bet they dont


Like I said everything in the news is sensationalist. Either refugees are a blight on the land and governments are incompetent for not properly addressing the issue; or governments are cold pragmatists who are getting ready to deport tens of thousands of vulnerable refugees back to the war zones they came from. The issue is much more nuanced and complex than that, obviously.

Appealing to emotions, particularly outrage, is unfortunately a proven way of selling the news. Both sides do it, and the few sources that do bother to present the issue properly are widely ignored in favor of their more dramatic competitors.

I doubt most Brits or Americans are able to tell the difference between tabloid and objective news coverage, because they've never experienced anything other than the tabloid format, and for that reason are much less likely to admit that their "news" are based on the idea that a circus would sell more seats than a library, that is, if a library were to sell seats. Fox News, CNN, BBC, dailymail, it don't matter who, are all in it for higher ratings. When you look up Scandinavian news covering the same topics, and compare, you can easily tell that Scandinavian news attempt to avoid adjectives or use of strong language to provoke an emotional response, especially in regard to sensitive matters, or matters where they don't have all the facts.

Arguing with them... is a fools errand.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 1/28/16
If the people who said this would happen were "monsters" for saying so, what does that make the people whose beliefs and policies allowed it to actually happen?
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 2/2/16

I wasn't making a point for debate, just my perception of attitudes from empirical evidence, you know? It seems to me that countries yet to be involved / barely involved in refugee acceptance look at Germany as an example and reason for not accepting refugees, but I doubt our system would ever allow such carelessness. Even if we do choose to accept refugees in larger numbers, it will never be to the extreme that countries in the EU have. We're debating on tens of thousands, not millions, which is an important point I think people should note.

I'd also like to point out that Europe had an influx of people who weren't legitimate refugees, and without proper documentation who can really say if it's war refugees or randoms leeching that are committing the crimes publicized in the news.
18690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 2/2/16
technically these fuckers are in those countries as visitors not even potential residents, it is from war, if you commit a crime in a country you are visiting you should get your ass kicked out, immediantly jesus fucking Christ im tired of this, Europe needs to get their shit together and sorry not sorry I don't want them here in america
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
^ hard to figure out if you don't know theirs or them yours langauge.. or got any info, and so on.
Even though some countries like sweden and Germany are doing more or less a more "navie"/blinded (of what they do and whats importent insted of thinking that it would be bad if it gets out "rasicm" and such) and worse job at it.
18690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 2/2/16

rica-chan wrote:

Sweden and the other European countries who are accepting refugees should reconsider their policies of doing so or make some back up plans. So far, I've heard a lot of negative things happen in most of these places and I fear it would just get worse. I fear that they would be outnumbered by the refugees soon and the culture of these countries, changed.


the culture is already being changed, muslim religion and culture is wanting to be imposed on the native residents , example sharia law and what not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7CfE1BF9K4
18690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 2/2/16
"why are you in Sweden when you don't like it and obey the rules? " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITVetVEy6Hw
18690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 2/2/16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U36fCE_vCE
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.