First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply What do you think the end of the world will be like?
17180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 1/27/16

qualeshia3 wrote:

When a Mentos truck and a Coke-Cola truck smash into each other.....


MMMMMM .... the fresh makeraaaaaaarrrrrrhhhhhhhh
41690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Somewhere
Offline
Posted 1/27/16
The Fire Nation Will Attack


42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/27/16

bronzefoot wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

When a Mentos truck and a Coke-Cola truck smash into each other.....


MMMMMM .... the fresh makeraaaaaaarrrrrrhhhhhhhh


9834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/27/16
I want our sun to supernova. Everything would die long nefore they could realize it. Plus, then the world would actually end, as opposed to "the end of our position in the world."
9897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 1/27/16
Donald Trump as president.
Posted 1/27/16
Worldwide nuclear holocaust. If you're lucky, you'll be a shadow outlined on the pavement before you even know what hit you
Posted 1/27/16

aeb0717 wrote:

I want our sun to supernova. Everything would die long nefore they could realize it. Plus, then the world would actually end, as opposed to "the end of our position in the world."


I was expecting something more upbeat along the lines of , "I hope we get off this rock", from the cr community, not you. I don't think it would be all at once , but in the meantime, it wouldn't be fun in transition, the climate would gradually become more hellish and life would wither away along with the seas evaporating, starting a runaway greenhouse effect similar to what happened to Venus, people would likely be all dead from famine before that happened due to lack of flora and fauna.

7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/27/16
The world will die in fire as the sun slowly expands into a red giant over hundreds of millions of years.

Humanity will have long since left the cradle, and will most likely bear little resemblance to who we are today. Perhaps we will have spread across the galaxy, splitting into thousands of species. Perhaps we will have retreated into simulations.
Posted 1/27/16

Dariamus wrote:

The world will die in fire as the sun slowly expands into a red giant over hundreds of millions of years.

Humanity will have long since left the cradle, and will most likely bear little resemblance to who we are today. Perhaps we will have spread across the galaxy, splitting into thousands of species. Perhaps we will have retreated into simulations.


before it gets to that it will become a living hell. If we can make first contact with a sentient species or solve the problem of FTL travel, maybe, otherwise we're doomed as a species, unfortunately. :c
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/27/16 , edited 1/27/16

aeb0717 wrote:

I want our sun to supernova. Everything would die long nefore they could realize it. Plus, then the world would actually end, as opposed to "the end of our position in the world."


Supernova tend to be the product of binary systems, as a white dwarf accreates hydrogen from its neighbor. A single white dwarf can go nova many times, depending on accreation rates.

While our sun will eventually collapse into a white dwarf, supernova are not in its future.
Posted 1/27/16

Dariamus wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

I want our sun to supernova. Everything would die long nefore they could realize it. Plus, then the world would actually end, as opposed to "the end of our position in the world."


Supernova tend to be the product of binary systems, as a white dwarf accreates hydrogen from its neighbor. A single white dwarf can go nova many times, depending on accreation rates.

While our sun will eventually collapse into a white dwarf, supernova are not in its future.


You're right, its too small a star to supernova.
Posted 1/27/16

nerder wrote:

Donald Trump as president.


Not even he could destroy the entire planet single-handedly. America, perhaps. Countries like China and russia would fill the vacuum and life would adjust and go on.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/27/16

lunarxx wrote:


Dariamus wrote:

The world will die in fire as the sun slowly expands into a red giant over hundreds of millions of years.

Humanity will have long since left the cradle, and will most likely bear little resemblance to who we are today. Perhaps we will have spread across the galaxy, splitting into thousands of species. Perhaps we will have retreated into simulations.


before it gets to that it will become a living hell. If we can make first contact with a sentient species or solve the problem of FTL travel, maybe, otherwise we're doomed as a species, unfortunately. :c


FTL is unneeded. Conventional ships allow for colonization on a galactic scale in under a million years. Barely a tick on the clock compared to the sun's remaining lifespan.

Possible technologies include hollowed out asteroids serving as generation ships, Von Newman ships carrying the technology to seed planets after arrival and long term hibernation.

A hammer ship or bomb ship could travel to our nearest neighbors in a single generation, but current technologies lack the fuel efficiencies. Allowing for future technology, a hammer ship is nearly ideal, offering a constant 1G acceleration curve (artificial gravity, without new physics).
11750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/27/16
If it happens after I die, i don't care. LOL

Nukes or general pollution
Posted 1/27/16
A war probably.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.