First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Pets Sharing Your Bed
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/16

Ravenstein wrote:

I have a rabbit that spends part of the night at least in bed with me.


lol that reminds me of that ep in Gintama when Kagura had a rabbit in bed
Posted 2/2/16
I would let my cat sleep in my bed if I wasn't allergic
20224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
I have cats , what do you mean by my bed ... It all belongs to the cats , except for the table and kitchen benches of course
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/16

Runningal wrote:

I would let my cat sleep in my bed if I wasn't allergic :(


Why do you own a cat if you're allergic to it? >.>
Posted 2/2/16 , edited 2/2/16

dotsforlife wrote:


Runningal wrote:

I would let my cat sleep in my bed if I wasn't allergic :(


Why do you own a cat if you're allergic to it? >.>


Because my allergies didn't start until about a year after we got her..! And I would never give her away. Which is why I also started to get immunization shots - so that I won't be allergic anymore :)

11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/16

Runningal wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


Runningal wrote:

I would let my cat sleep in my bed if I wasn't allergic :(


Why do you own a cat if you're allergic to it? >.>


Because my allergies didn't start until about a year after we got her..! And I would never give her away. Which is why I also started to get immunization shots - so that I won't be allergic anymore :)



That's strange. Had you never had a cat before or been around them for prolonged periods?
Posted 2/2/16 , edited 2/2/16

dotsforlife wrote:


Runningal wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


Runningal wrote:

I would let my cat sleep in my bed if I wasn't allergic :(


Why do you own a cat if you're allergic to it? >.>


Because my allergies didn't start until about a year after we got her..! And I would never give her away. Which is why I also started to get immunization shots - so that I won't be allergic anymore :)



That's strange. Had you never had a cat before or been around them for prolonged periods?


No, which is why I had no idea I would ever become allergic to them. I only had a dog while growing up but always wanted to have a cat. My parents were not cat people so that never happened. I never had allergic reactions when I visited people who owned cats, but I was never exposed for long periods of time. At least now I know! Thing is, I love them too much to not have one. So I'm doing what's necessary ^^
4498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
There was a time when I could handle a furry pet but my allergies are worse now. When I did have a pet, a cat, she wasn't allowed to be sleeping on my bed. She did try but I shoved her off so she soon got the message. Dog's weren't allowed indoors, they had their own dog house in the garden. They were bathed either in the huge wash sink in the back in the laundry alcove or in the front using a hose attachment to the garden tap. The cats spent 95% outdoors anyway. They only had a litter box as kittens, once grown they graduated to the garden. We didn't have a cat flap, we just never closed the windows. Yes, where I lived we could take that risk. I've since heard things have changed so you really have to lock up now. Mother didn't believe in pets being in our beds or us eating in bedrooms. That was all down to hygiene and health. She knew that allergies ran in the family and in the tropic insects thrive too well. It only takes one tiny crumb to start an infestation in your bedroom.

Cats were allowed to sit on the sofa or an arm chair. We'd sit with them in our laps. They were banned from the kitchen though they always tried sneaking in and got caught many times.
15343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
Ay que asco, Bella
Posted 2/2/16

lambofgenesis wrote:


stars201 wrote:

I'm just glad I don't have any pets.


You're horrible.


And?
17166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 2/2/16

Midnightspell wrote:

I have cats , what do you mean by my bed ... It all belongs to the cats , except for the table and kitchen benches of course


So true

I've minded various family members pets while they are on holidays and to help them with the stress I 'let' them sleep on my bed. Or they (the cats) allow me to have the most uncomfortable portion of it. Until they wake me up for breakfast when they are hungry.


48485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
My pets (a dog and a cat) are indoor pets. Both are more comfortable with their own bedding than my bed. I tend to move a lot while asleep.
Posted 2/2/16
My cat sleeps with me all the times he's my baby
Sogno- 
45682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
will let dog sleep with me if housemate is gone. but i put an old sheet over my bedspread bc she's got a lot of hair and even when she's clean... a dog is a dog and they stink.

also i am a big clean freak. if i ever have my own place i will never have a dog in the house even though i really like (big) dogs.
7878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
My dog takes up the bed. Sometimes I'll just sleep at my desk or the couch. If I do sleep on the bed, he's usually plopping himself against me. Or sometimes I wake up to claws digging into my neck and drool from him, or at some random nights, I wake up suddenly because of his rotten farts. He has rugs and squishy beds on the floor, but he prefers to get in my way sometimes. You push him off, and he'll just get back on anyway.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.