First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What is last national park, monument, shoreline, or preserve that you have been to?
Posted 2/2/16
Like the title asks, but it could be a place owned by any country. When I mean shoreline, I mean lakeshore or seashore.
I'll also take state, provincial, territorial, and district parks that nature based.

11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
Yellowstone National Park
19207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Reston, VA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
I have two National Park Service passports - these are booklets designed like a passport that you can buy and then when you visit national park service sites they have a stamp you can put in the book and they also sell photo stickers you can put in it. You can buy them at http://www.eparks.com/store/home/9221/Theme-Passport/

The most recent park I've been to was a day hike at the C&O Canal. http://www.nps.gov/choh/index.htm
7416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/16 , edited 2/2/16

Jackalope82 wrote:

Like the title asks, but it could be a place owned by any country. When I mean shoreline, I mean lakeshore or seashore.
I'll also take state, provincial, territorial, and district parks that nature based.



I work in downtown Washington, D.C.

I can see both the Capital Building and the Washington Memorial from my office and walk past a half-dozen monuments if I go anywhere for lunch

The National Mall is a federal park.

70097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
The San Jacinto monument. It's the site of the second part of the battle of the Alamo. The Texians were defeated at the Alamo in San Antonio, TX. When Santa Anna left San Antonio he split his troops into two groups. Sam Houston and his army intercepted and defeated half of the Mexican army which happened to be the one Santa Anna led near the San Jacinto monument site. Santa Anna was captured wearing an enlisted army uniform and was believed to be a fighter until one of his men cried El Presidente!! Oh, and the site is also the nearby home of the Battleship Texas (as taken from the top of the SJ Monument.)




21230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
The last National Park I went to was the Grand Canyon, I had 2 free days on a trip to LA. so I stopped in Williams,AZ and took the Grand Canyon Railroad to the park..
4725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
My room.
Posted 2/2/16
Niagara Falls
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
The Pacific Ocean, via the Santa Monica Pier, in Santa Monica, CA. Well, I've been to the Griffith Park Observatory, and to the Griffith Park hiking trails... too... The last place was Griffith Park.
5254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
One of the Cyclades islands in the Aegean sea last spring.
11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/16

tkayt wrote:

One of the Cyclades islands in the Aegean sea last spring.


Damn. Got any pics?
5254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
I do but I won't put them online.
11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/16

tkayt wrote:

I do but I won't put them online.


Such a tease.
37707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/16
I guess that would be the Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge. I just rode through it on my way into New Orleans. It's a marsh. Really pretty and lots of cool wildlife, but it's not somewhere I would want to get lost
Posted 2/2/16

Dariamus wrote:


Jackalope82 wrote:

Like the title asks, but it could be a place owned by any country. When I mean shoreline, I mean lakeshore or seashore.
I'll also take state, provincial, territorial, and district parks that nature based.



I work in downtown Washington, D.C.

I can see both the Capital Building and the Washington Memorial from my office and walk past a half-dozen monuments if I go anywhere for lunch

The National Mall is a federal park.



No complaints, it is a nice place.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.