Post Reply Who is the best JoJo
7009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 2/3/16
So who is your favourite Jojo? explain why he is your favorite!
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/3/16 , edited 2/3/16
Joseph- because he has a lovable, funny personality and he appears from youth through old age.



(Gyro is best MC, though).
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/3/16


Because he's a monkey.
948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/3/16
Joseph because I haven't read part 4 yet.
12028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/3/16

saprobe wrote:

Joseph- because he has a lovable, funny personality and he appears from youth through old age.



(Gyro is best MC, though).


Even Old Joseph is best Jojo.
13568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Winnipeg
Offline
Posted 2/3/16 , edited 2/3/16
Josuke (Part 4) is my favourite.
He's everything that made Jotaro cool, but with young Joseph's humor and attitude.
He's the perfect blend of what makes the JoJo series and characters both badass and funny.
1451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Online
Posted 2/3/16 , edited 2/3/16
I always preferred Jonathan - the original Jojo. I normally don't watch shows like JJBA, but I was taken with his gentlemanly nature and nobility.

Then I just got annoyed with Joseph at first, but grew to like him over time. Then Jotaro came along and annoyed me even more. Still haven't finished Stardust Crusaders partially because of that.

But putting all that aside, like I said, Jonathan was my favorite.
62784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/16
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/3/16

Cait_Sidhe wrote:

I always preferred Jonathan - the original Jojo. I normally don't watch shows like JJBA, but I was taken with his gentlemanly nature and nobility.

Then I just got annoyed with Joseph at first, but grew to like him over time. Then Jotaro came along and annoyed me even more. Still haven't finished Stardust Crusaders partially because of that.

But putting all that aside, like I said, Jonathan was my favorite.


Jotaro is cool and he steps up when he's really needed. You should finish Stardust Crusaders since Part IV is coming in April.

Jonathan is actually my least favorite because Araki didn't really know what he was going for when he was writing Phantom Blood. But I still felt sorry for him because he got a really raw deal.

TBH though I like all the JoJos and I like that they're all different.
1451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Online
Posted 2/3/16

saprobe wrote:

Jotaro is cool and he steps up when he's really needed. You should finish Stardust Crusaders since Part IV is coming in April.

Jonathan is actually my least favorite because Araki didn't really know what he was going for when he was writing Phantom Blood. But I still felt sorry for him because he got a really raw deal.

TBH though I like all the JoJos and I like that they're all different.


Perhaps I will one day. Honestly though, my interest really dropped in Stardust Crusaders because it feels like a totally different show what with the stands and tarot cards and all.

Interesting. I didn't know that bit about the artist. Maybe I actually ended up enjoying that lack of vision. I distinctly remember thinking Phantom Blood was hilarious, but was it actually supposed to be serious? Perhaps I was looking at it as more of a parody than it actually was

But I agree with you in that I think it's clever how they have different and varied protagonists throughout the series. It's a style I wish more shows would adopt.
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/3/16

Cait_Sidhe wrote:


saprobe wrote:

Jotaro is cool and he steps up when he's really needed. You should finish Stardust Crusaders since Part IV is coming in April.

Jonathan is actually my least favorite because Araki didn't really know what he was going for when he was writing Phantom Blood. But I still felt sorry for him because he got a really raw deal.

TBH though I like all the JoJos and I like that they're all different.


Perhaps I will one day. Honestly though, my interest really dropped in Stardust Crusaders because it feels like a totally different show what with the stands and tarot cards and all.

Interesting. I didn't know that bit about the artist. Maybe I actually ended up enjoying that lack of vision. I distinctly remember thinking Phantom Blood was hilarious, but was it actually supposed to be serious? Perhaps I was looking at it as more of a parody than it actually was

But I agree with you in that I think it's clever how they have different and varied protagonists throughout the series. It's a style I wish more shows would adopt.


Serious? No. It's always silly even when it's dire. Stands are the new normal from Stardust Crusaders on out, though (thought they're not Tarot themed anymore and they become much more varied). And when you say it's a "new show" every part has a different setting and genre the same way it has a new JoJo. The next part is a murder mystery set in a Japanese town.
13568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Winnipeg
Offline
Posted 2/3/16 , edited 2/3/16
My JoJo Favoritism Tier List
*possible spoilers for series up to Part 8*


You must be logged in to post.