First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Why is anime so enjoyable for americans?
4476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
My house
Offline
Posted 2/6/16
So for me a white american boy I find anime super enjoyable and just awesome, but I don't really know what keeps me sucked into anime? I started watching anime in the 6th grade after a friend told me about a new anime (highschool of the dead ). After watching that series I started looking at other series and now I've watched around 20 animes (all subs no dub). I'm not like a weaboo my life doesn't depend or revolve around anime I just enjoy watching in my free time

A lot of my other friends or the people I hang out with a majority who all watch anime very casually question the same thing what keeps us going back for more.

So what do you think about this what makes it enjoyable for you?
103973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/6/16
Neophytes such as yourself sharing your anime starts.
55907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Online
Posted 2/6/16 , edited 2/6/16
948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/6/16
Most americans don't watch anime.
4476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
My house
Offline
Posted 2/6/16
I agree with that lol but what about it makes it "Fun" for you?
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 2/6/16
It might be the culture shock.
For me, I don't just like anime because it's anime, I like it because scripted programmes are far far better than reality tv.
4476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
My house
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

It might be the culture shock.
For me, I don't just like anime because it's anime, I like it because scripted programmes are far far better than reality tv.


Culture shock in what context? Like explain what you mean by that
948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/6/16
I
- like animation
- like weird things
- am 18 and (technically) an adult
- am a socially inept nerd

Anime
- is animation
- is weird and foreign
- is often made for teens and adults
- often caters toward socially inept nerds

It's a perfect fit.
Posted 2/6/16

AnimeKami wrote:

Neophytes such as yourself sharing your anime starts.


Neophytes such as yourself sharing your anime *farts*.

FTFY
LokiLB 
41542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/6/16
I watch anime because I like animation and I like interesting stories. American animation is sort of sad, with it either being kid's shows or adult comedy shows (Archer, Simpsons, Family Guy, etc). Neither of those is really my thing (like Futurama, though). If you want animation with interesting stories or animation aimed at adults that isn't based on comedy, you pretty much have to go to anime. Occasionally you'll get a movie from DC, but they haven't really put out a series I like in a few years. CN and Nick are very good at cancelling anything I have any interest in on their stations.
4476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
My house
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

LokiLB wrote:

I watch anime because I like animation and I like interesting stories. American animation is sort of sad, with it either being kid's shows or adult comedy shows (Archer, Simpsons, Family Guy, etc). Neither of those is really my thing (like Futurama, though). If you want animation with interesting stories or animation aimed at adults that isn't based on comedy, you pretty much have to go to anime. Occasionally you'll get a movie from DC, but they haven't really put out a series I like in a few years. CN and Nick are very good at cancelling anything I have any interest in on their stations.


I guess your right I never really looked at the fact it is aimed towards teens and adults I guess that never dawned on me..
103973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

SigmundRoid wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

Neophytes such as yourself sharing your anime starts.


Neophytes such as yourself sharing your anime *farts*.

FTFY


Ahhh futa fan.
7738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Disboard
Offline
Posted 2/6/16 , edited 2/6/16

xetherealx wrote:

So for me a white american boy I find anime super enjoyable and just awesome, but I don't really know what keeps me sucked into anime? I started watching anime in the 6th grade after a friend told me about a new anime (highschool of the dead ). After watching that series I started looking at other series and now I've watched around 20 animes (all subs no dub). I'm not like a weaboo my life doesn't depend or revolve around anime I just enjoy watching in my free time

A lot of my other friends or the people I hang out with a majority who all watch anime very casually question the same thing what keeps us going back for more.

So what do you think about this what makes it enjoyable for you?


For me anime is an escape from the world we live in, its a different world from our own. In anime the things that are impossible in our world are possible in anime and what doesn't make since in our world makes complete since in anime. I guess you could say anime is just completely different from the world we live in and allows you to fantasize about all the things you can't do in this world. Well this is all true for me at least, I'm an otaku, shut-in, NEET, and without anime i'd kill myself but yeah i guess you could say anime is just interesting and fun lol.
Posted 2/6/16
I like it because of the creativity of the story and the culture of Japan that's incorporated into it
Sogno- 
45631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/6/16
so they can be unique or something idk
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.