First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply What TV do you own?
Posted 2/10/16
I have a broken tv. I just haven't taken it to e-recycling yet.
12620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Online
Posted 2/10/16
What's a TV?
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 2/10/16
I own a box tv
5011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/16
I don't have a TV, never owned one either. Eithering using my 27" Work Monitor or my Projector on a 110" Screen in the living room.

5011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/16 , edited 2/10/16

Ranwolf wrote:


mordant221 wrote:

55'' Plasma by Samsung, it's one of the last Plasma TV's made by them (2014), and any other company. Sad really, since Plasmas have always had better picture quality than other types, with the exception of OLED's:



Debatable, and the technology gap is so narrow right now Plasma has little claim to fame. In addition Plasma is too much of a power hog to be a serious contender in today's high definition market. Also overall product life of a Plasma is going to be lower than any other choice.

Also there is price point to consider, comparable performance is obtainable from Plasma's competitors. Combine economy, lower power draw, and comparable performance and I honestly question anyone who says Plasma is the superior choice anymore.


Problem is that todays LED Lit LCD panels are lacking in several areas unless you go pretty darn high in pricing. That is uniformity and contrast, and lets not forget the dreaded input lag that plagues many a TV. Plus if you want a nice blackpoint you're most likely going VA based which means inferior viewing angles. That said, I miss the plasmas in that regard.
19835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/10/16

rokkz wrote:



Problem is that todays LED Lit LCD panels are lacking in several areas unless you go pretty darn high in pricing. That is uniformity and contrast, and lets not forget the dreaded input lag that plagues many a TV. Plus if you want a nice blackpoint you're most likely going VA based which means inferior viewing angles. That said, I miss the plasmas in that regard.


That kinda of viewpoint is only true in the sub 1000 dollar range though. Once you hit about the 1.5 k mark and higher LEDs tend to perform just as well as Plasma and in some cases better. Especially since all the 4k tvs are in LED and their price point is dropping rapidly, even among the curved screens.

Plasma is a dinosaur whose day has come and gone. LEDs have supplanted them as the superior choice. I am not shelling out for aging and rapidly obsolete tech that even in it's hey day prove to age rather poorly.
5011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/16

Ranwolf wrote:


rokkz wrote:



Problem is that todays LED Lit LCD panels are lacking in several areas unless you go pretty darn high in pricing. That is uniformity and contrast, and lets not forget the dreaded input lag that plagues many a TV. Plus if you want a nice blackpoint you're most likely going VA based which means inferior viewing angles. That said, I miss the plasmas in that regard.


That kinda of viewpoint is only true in the sub 1000 dollar range though. Once you hit about the 1.5 k mark and higher LEDs tend to perform just as well as Plasma and in some cases better. Especially since all the 4k tvs are in LED and their price point is dropping rapidly, even among the curved screens.

Plasma is a dinosaur whose day has come and gone. LEDs have supplanted them as the superior choice. I am not shelling out for aging and rapidly obsolete tech that even in it's hey day prove to age rather poorly.


No, that's inherent panel properties that you can't get around no matter how much you pay for them. You need at least partly superior technology, which in this case is Organic LEDs, which is by no means perfect in itself.

And as regards to age, the old LCD-TVs that's now backlit with LEDs are just as old dinosaurs as the plasma, both techs are showing their age and none is without their advantages and disadvantages. LED TVs are nothing more than the same old LCD tech backlit with LEDs, nothing new there really.
19835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/10/16

rokkz wrote:


No, that's inherent panel properties that you can't get around no matter how much you pay for them. You need at least partly superior technology, which in this case is Organic LEDs, which is by no means perfect in itself.

And as regards to age, the old LCD-TVs that's now backlit with LEDs are just as old dinosaurs as the plasma, both techs are showing their age and none is without their advantages and disadvantages. LED TVs are nothing more than the same old LCD tech backlit with LEDs, nothing new there really.


And yet every single company..every single one mind you has abandoned Plasma. When even the most obscure manufacturers have decided any given tech is not worth producing that should be a dead giveaway mate.
Posted 2/13/16
A small little SHARP.
13476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/16
Insignia 32 inch 1080p
21230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 2/13/16
Well when on the road I just have my laptop with its 13" screen, But at home I have a 32" vizio flat screen
5186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New York
Online
Posted 2/13/16 , edited 2/13/16
Ben Q Xl270Z 24 inch monitor and my macbook pro with retina anime looks amazing with retina!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.