First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply New Hampshire primary
48423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 2/9/16
22932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 2/9/16
I guess Clinton already conceded as polls closed
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 2/9/16
This might be the peak for Sanders. We'll have a better idea in 2 and a half weeks.
Posted 2/9/16
Looks like people at the Huffington Post are going insane.



Donald Trump's Victory Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKzsktuqwyU
104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/9/16
Feel the bern!!
14749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 2/9/16 , edited 2/9/16
Well, the first town to report in--Dixville Notch, traditionally, which has now become practically a codeword with candidates during primary season--had John Kasich winning the Republican votes.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/09/sanders-kasich-rule-new-hampshire-midnight-voting/
Okay, nobody saw THAT one coming, especially not Trumpy-you-can-do-magic. New Hampshire always plays up the "angry New England radical" image with both parties (as opposed to all-Democratic Massachusetts), so we either expected a showing for Don, or an upset win. Looks like we got both.
(Of course, as the article points out, it helped that Sanders and Kasich actually came out and met the people of Dixville Notch, while the bigger candidates were all throwing tantrums over how many delegates they lost in Iowa.)

Either way, pretty well called an excuse for Hillary to stay home.
Don's been used to spin-doctoring his losses/close wins on Twitter ( http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hot-702785-trump-tweets.html ), so he's going to be spinning this any which way his ego likes, but I can't speak for the rest of the press...Like I said, things are going to get interesting.
14916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 2/9/16
The problem is that Kasich doesn't sit well with the Republican Party. He wants to expand Obamacare, which, is basically a kiss of death for him as far as Republicans go.

We still have a long way to go until March.
51229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 2/9/16
What the heck is a Kasich and why are so many people voting for it?

Seriously, though. Just because he's the lesser known establishment candidate doesn't make him any better than the others. All he offers is the same Bush-era nonsense that the rest of the pack is selling. What do people see in him?

Sad to see Trump win in a landslide. There's no doubt he'll be bragging about this nonstop until he loses another primary.
22932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 2/10/16
Can someone explain the power of super delegates?

Sanders wins NH but Hillary Clinton gets same amount of delegates even though she lost? wtf????
14468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Online
Posted 2/10/16

PhantomGundam wrote:

What the heck is a Kasich and why are so many people voting for it?



I think it might be this guy.
4049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 2/10/16

scoobydew wrote:

Can someone explain the power of super delegates?

Sanders wins NH but Hillary Clinton gets same amount of delegates even though she lost? wtf????


Super Delegates are party officials in that state such as the chairman, etc. They get to vote for whomever they like, and because Hillary is the establishment candidate they're all piling up for her.

There are 712 Supers altogether, of whom 362 have already declared for Hillary and only 8 for Bernie. Assuming the remaining ones follow the same pattern, Bernie will have 16 and Hillary will have 696, which is roughly 30% of the total 2,382 delegates needed to secure the nomination. She would therefore only need 1,686 out of the total 4,051 normal delegates (the ones who are allocated according to how the states vote) whereas Bernie would need 2,366.

It probably won't be quite that bad because some Supers do follow the popular vote, so Bernie will probably pick up more than just 16, but what it boils down to is that Hillary can probably win the nomination with 40 to 45% of the vote whereas Bernie needs 55 to 60% to win.

They really have some nerve calling themselves the "Democratic" Party
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 2/10/16
622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/16

TomRHooper wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

Can someone explain the power of super delegates?

Sanders wins NH but Hillary Clinton gets same amount of delegates even though she lost? wtf????


Super Delegates are party officials in that state such as the chairman, etc. They get to vote for whomever they like, and because Hillary is the establishment candidate they're all piling up for her.

There are 712 Supers altogether, of whom 362 have already declared for Hillary and only 8 for Bernie. Assuming the remaining ones follow the same pattern, Bernie will have 16 and Hillary will have 696, which is roughly 30% of the total 2,382 delegates needed to secure the nomination. She would therefore only need 1,686 out of the total 4,051 normal delegates (the ones who are allocated according to how the states vote) whereas Bernie would need 2,366.

It probably won't be quite that bad because some Supers do follow the popular vote, so Bernie will probably pick up more than just 16, but what it boils down to is that Hillary can probably win the nomination with 40 to 45% of the vote whereas Bernie needs 55 to 60% to win.

They really have some nerve calling themselves the "Democratic" Party


It is one of the things I really don't like about the Democratic Party. This super delegate thing only seems perpetuates the feeling the leaders of the party give off that they know better than the mass of their party. But I think when it comes to Sanders, if it ended up that the super delegates gained Hilary the nomination, there would be an ugly revolt, so I think they wouldn't be stupid enough to do so.

Though I say that but most of Hilary's compatriots seem to be panicking and doing every trick in the book that they can to try and hurt Bernie's chance. The DNC, apparent push pollers, supposed fraud in the primaries (this one has yet to be really dug up to make a serious allegation). But with that sad, this is more them shooting Hilary's campaign in the foot. People are starting to revolt against all this action as Bernie has general ran a more positive campaign which people have gravitated to slowly. At least that is how I see it going down.
22932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 2/10/16

TomRHooper wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

Can someone explain the power of super delegates?

Sanders wins NH but Hillary Clinton gets same amount of delegates even though she lost? wtf????


Super Delegates are party officials in that state such as the chairman, etc. They get to vote for whomever they like, and because Hillary is the establishment candidate they're all piling up for her.

There are 712 Supers altogether, of whom 362 have already declared for Hillary and only 8 for Bernie. Assuming the remaining ones follow the same pattern, Bernie will have 16 and Hillary will have 696, which is roughly 30% of the total 2,382 delegates needed to secure the nomination. She would therefore only need 1,686 out of the total 4,051 normal delegates (the ones who are allocated according to how the states vote) whereas Bernie would need 2,366.

It probably won't be quite that bad because some Supers do follow the popular vote, so Bernie will probably pick up more than just 16, but what it boils down to is that Hillary can probably win the nomination with 40 to 45% of the vote whereas Bernie needs 55 to 60% to win.

They really have some nerve calling themselves the "Democratic" Party


I heard the supersDs can change their vote after the people vote kinda creepy and bizarre system in place
51229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/16
Carly Fiorina and Chris Krispy dropped out today.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.